GDT: Oilers at Sabres 3-9-2024 12:30 start MSG

spndnchz

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

UPL is 1000  times better at shoot outs than earlier in season

It’s his body control. It’s night and day compared to earlier in the season. Very little wasted movement now, unlike the total spaz moments he used to have when he’d flip and flop all over or leave the crease entirely when going from post to post.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

That was fun 

gonna give Tuch the benefit of the doubt - he's gotta be hurt.  Seems everything is off but I think he cares

Skinner after the short handed goal against should have been stapled to the bench. ...at least he wasn't out for the OT

assuming Levi is the back up next year goaltending has quickly pivoted from weakness to strength 

Tage will be back to the 30+ scorer next season

are there still haters of the 21 year old Power? He's looked excellent the last little while.   Only going to get better 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Nobody would have bet on the Oilers losing a shootout.

You could see this W from a mile away and I tweeted as much (forgot to get in this thread by the prediction cutoff line). Whenever we have an “uh oh, they are going to drop 7 on us!” game on the horizon we win it: the really good teams play down to the 25th place team when the season is winding down. I’m not sure how much more hard line evidence we need

• Agree 1

Great wins today! Do they get 4 points?😃

Byram is going to be a game changer.

I think Skinner’s time is up in Buffalo.

I like Robinson’s game.

How can they be this bad at faceoffs still? That’s on coaching. 

This coaching staff has to go. There are more than enough pieces here to be playoff bound.

Power is super talented. He needs support and mentoring right now. Vancouver brought in Foote and Gonchar to revamp the Canucks back end. Edmonton brought in Coffey. I think Power needs a vet competent D partner and a coach that can help him develop.

Dahlin-Bryam-Power is a great building block and with UPL coming on in net they should be so much better.  It’s up to Adams to support these guys properly.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mudberry said:

The oilers feed is working

Neither feed worked. I tried several times and even cleared my cache. Was watching on my TV. Had to watch on my phone to see the shootout. Weird.

• Shocked 1

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Great wins today! Do they get 4 points?😃

Byram is going to be a game changer.

I think Skinner’s time is up in Buffalo.

I like Robinson’s game.

How can they be this bad at faceoffs still? That’s on coaching. 

This coaching staff has to go. There are more than enough pieces here to be playoff bound.

Skinner isn’t going anywhere. No team in the league is going to pick up that contract 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It’s his body control. It’s night and day compared to earlier in the season. Very little wasted movement now, unlike the total spaz moments he used to have when he’d flip and flop all over or leave the crease entirely when going from post to post.

Watch his head when the puck is in close… Completely focused on the puck… Not the skater or the stick or the noise… It’s all puck… So impressive.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Neither feed worked. I tried several times and even cleared my cache. Was watching on my TV. Had to watch on my phone to see the shootout. Weird.

Very weird since I kept the Buffalo feed the whole time. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, lothar said:

Wow, missed the game and just read the full game thread:

Summary of periods 1-3: Boring, Sabres suck, fire everybody but the new guy

After the OT: Wow, that was a fun game

Sheesh. 

Do you find it strange that game threads would follow the same ebbs and flows of the games themselves? Stands to reason.

The Sabres didn’t show up early and looked like crap after giving up the shorty to go down 2 zip in the first. We followed that up by missing golden chance after golden chance. It was frustrating to watch and I don’t think you can fault people for reflecting that in their posts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1