GDT / Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres Sun. 3/3/24( MSG/ WGR Radio

On 1/16/2024 at 12:48 PM, Thorny said:

I was much more set on keeping him up but there’s probably a mathematical line where playoffs become so unlikely it probably makes most sense to prioritize his development, even in a season where winning is/is supposed to be the priority 

Are we at the line? Maybe. My gut still says no cause, for a team that’s missed 12 straight years, it would be pretty hoity-toity to turn up our noses at even the slim chances presented to us right now 

id keep mah foot on the gas pedal 

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This is ridiculous, and kinda hurts coming from you 

I make it a point to set expectations before the season and don’t shift: literally quoting you in another thread about how I refuse to back down from what we said was the expectation this year. I call my shots. I refuse not to. If we miss this year, we have failed.

Saying I think we can make it is not a flip flop 

I don't always agree with you and vice versa. You have not flip flopped. Your message has been the same prior to the season and now, within the season. You have clearly and repeatedly stated that if this team doesn't make the playoffs, it will be a disappointment. Anyone saying otherwise, is inaccurately stating what your position is and has been. The reason why you are drawing slings from some members of the blow it up crowd is that you pointed out that this team is not completely out of the playoff race just yet. You pointed out that there is an avenue for success (playoffs), and to your credit you specifically stated what it would take to accomplish it. What the doomsdayers can't tolerate is someone expressing that there is some hope (low percentage or more) that this team still has a chance to be successful as you define it. Some gloomy people see that as a betrayal to what they believe. That's not how I see it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

He is wrong. They are not in the race. Everyone knows it. You can't say if they go on an 8 or 10 game winning streak they WILL be in the race.

They've won six of eight. They gained zero ground on the final spot.

Rich Strike wasn't in the 2022 Kentucky Derby field the day before the race.  Because another horse was scratched, he got in as an 80-1 shot.  As the race played out he literally looked like an also ran.  Here's the Derby entering the home stretch with Rich Strike circled in red.  Rich Strike won the Kentucky Derby.

image.thumb.png.e5293118d0f6da9907f69f4a80c80f3f.png

Far, far, far more unlikely things have happened in sport than the Sabres making the playoffs this year.  Unlikely?  Of course.  But don't say they're not even in the race.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. I'm very aware of the rules of ESPN+ regarding blackouts and national games. What I don't know is what happens when NHL Network grabs the Sabres MSG broadcast for their national game. Does that game ever end up on ESPN+ on-demand?

Yeah - sorry for ska-splaining earlier, you probably know the regular rules better than me. 🙂 Sadly, I won't know the answer to your question until tomorrow when I check - lol.

If anyone is super jonesing to watch this - you could do a 7-day free trial of Fubo? Nope.

Edited by ska-T Chitown

41 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This is ridiculous, and kinda hurts coming from you 

I make it a point to set expectations before the season and don’t shift: literally quoting you in another thread about how I refuse to back down from what we said was the expectation this year. I call my shots. I refuse not to. If we miss this year, we have failed.

Saying I think we can make it is not a flip flop 

Too lazy to look up what you thought of the Sabres' chance to make the playoffs in DECEMBER. Pretty sure we were both trying to edumacate folks on how tough their situation was then.

It's OK. It's something to talk about anyway. I like a good caper.

Im trying to get my 5 year old son into hockey. I asked him what the score will be. He said 6-3 sabres.

He also kept calling the Golden Knights the “Lions” last night. I can’t figure out why. 

This is what it’s all about. I really hope the Sabres give us something to cheer about. 

He asked if Josh Allen played hockey. I’m a tired of us just having one good team. He said he wants to wear his bills shirt because the Sabres are playing 

We need more of last night! I hope the players remember what that standing ovation sounded like last night

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If UPL is actually starting tonight, that is a huge mistake. I cannot believe they do not trust a backup goldtender when the tiniest of hope remains. It never turns out well when you lean on a guy too much and I fully expect a two or three goal Against to start. I really hope I’m wrong.

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

No Vilardi. 

Dillon is playing tonight after sitting yesterday due to illness. 

I think Perfetti is a healthy scratch again.

Looks like Perfetti is playing.

Good evening Teammates, Punch checking in.  

This game is not on ESPN+.  At least not for me being outside of the Buffalo area.  

I used to have NHLHD but I upgraded our cable package on a one year promo for less money, but this channel not included.  

I am listing to Dan and Rob on internet radio.  Which means I have idea what’s really happening.  Sounds like Luuuke is keeping us in.