Who is this year’s Jordan Greenway?

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He's worth that much holy ***** ?

I was thinking he cost a second round Pick and a low level prospect

Biggest reason you give up that much is because he is signed for 3 more years after this years at a very team friendly AAV of $4.3 million.

• Like (+1) 1

Unfortunately our GM is AWOL, this team could have traded for talent long ago and decided to do absolutely nothing so I don't see them picking up anyone. If they wouldn't even attempt to go for the playoffs then why would they do anything to better the team now? I can see this team not tradign Middlestadt and losing him outright. This regime is a a heaping pile of dog ***** from the GM, to the HC and all the assistants. 

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I went to a Boston playoff game a few years back against Toronto. He cheap shotted someone that year, all over the city they had wanted posters on every pole in the city with his mug on it and some funny $hit. 

I'd take Kadri on this team. I like the rat factor. 

It was DeBrusk. 

I don't think we will do anything this deadline but what we should be looking at is eating a contract or taking a mid level signed veteran off a team's hands if they are up against the cap and want to make a big move but have no room to do it (and nobody to hide on LTIR). 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't think we will do anything this deadline but what we should be looking at is eating a contract or taking a mid level signed veteran off a team's hands if they are up against the cap and want to make a big move but have no room to do it (and nobody to hide on LTIR). 

Taking on a guy like Foegele from Edmonton would be a move I could get behind.

Oilers could use the cap space to make a bigger move, he makes $2.75M AAV, and is UFA at the end of this year.

A draft pick to the Sabres plus a chance to re-sign Foegele if he is a good fit.

• Like (+1) 1

Vatrano, signed through next season. He's much more likely to get moved to a contender so maybe the Sabres are simply involved to acquire him, retain an additional half (25%) and get compensated as a middleman.

But, if you move on from KO and VO, and are dead set on a Rosen/Kulich making the roster next season, then having a Vatrano or equivalent to float around the lineup wouldn't be the worst pickup while you roll yet another kid line.

The other option would be Laughton.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Laughton would be a solid 3C.

I can see contenders getting him but KA could beat anyone’s offer if he really wants the guy.

But he's not good anymore I agree he be a sold Addition maybe 3 years ago his game is declining now 

4 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Vatrano, signed through next season. He's much more likely to get moved to a contender so maybe the Sabres are simply involved to acquire him, retain an additional half (25%) and get compensated as a middleman.

But, if you move on from KO and VO, and are dead set on a Rosen/Kulich making the roster next season, then having a Vatrano or equivalent to float around the lineup wouldn't be the worst pickup while you roll yet another kid line.

The other option would be Laughton.

Listening to 32 thoughts today they said an interesting thing about this. Verbeek is very reluctant to trade him, and the price is high, because he knows they need solid veterans, "pros", to play with all their youngsters. It's part of their "plan". Same goes for Gudas who teams have asked about. 

Contrast that idea with Adams is why I mention it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Listening to 32 thoughts today they said an interesting thing about this. Verbeek is very reluctant to trade him, and the price is high, because he knows they need solid veterans, "pros", to play with all their youngsters. It's part of their "plan". Same goes for Gudas who teams have asked about. 

Contrast that idea with Adams is why I mention it. 

Yes but when Adams holds onto his bets he is called a moron

20 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Unfortunately our GM is AWOL, this team could have traded for talent long ago and decided to do absolutely nothing so I don't see them picking up anyone. If they wouldn't even attempt to go for the playoffs then why would they do anything to better the team now? I can see this team not tradign Middlestadt and losing him outright. This regime is a a heaping pile of dog ***** from the GM, to the HC and all the assistants. 

You forgot the owner😉