GDT: Stars @ Sabres - Tue Feb 6, 2024, 7:00 pm ET MSG, ESPN+ BSSWX 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

Can't ever close the deal, so many missed shots and rarely anyone standing in front of the goalie, same theme just a different night but at the very least they kept it respectable.

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

They need a five game losing streak to get this coach and GM out of here to start rebuilding.

I dont think they would to be honest. We already need a miracle run to even make it so what would we need to wait for? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Can't ever close the deal, so many missed shots and rarely anyone standing in front of the goalie, same theme just a different night but at the very least they kept it respectable.

I dont think they would to be honest. We already need a miracle run to even make it so what would we need to wait for? 

Let’s say they make it.. and obviously lose in the first round.  Who would feel better about the season?

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I don't know the stats off hand, but they're jsut terrible when they give up the first goal. Even if they play well. I've never seen a team be so freaking bad when down 1 goal.

I guess you can say it’s bad when you don’t score. It’s hard to say they were freaking bad that game IMO. 

How is it that we score maybe one lucky goal a season whereas at least 20+ go in on us?

We made Dallas look bad and yet we still lost because of their damn goalie. We should of ran the bastard, play dirty its not like the refs are going to cut you any slack. WTF was both those 5v3 penalties? Felt like the fix was in with that Clifton penalty especially; on the PK how many times have we seen Sabres take blatant crosschecks with no call. Benson got literally dumped twice in the 1sst in front of the net with the puck nowhere near him and they weren't "I'm stronger and taller" falls; they were crosscheck style falls.

This year has been a freaking test in anger management; the Sabres have bad games where you're angry and then you have games like these where they play great and yet lose anyway.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

I guess you can say it’s bad when you don’t score. It’s hard to say they were freaking bad that game IMO. 

I had the pleasure of listening on the radio as I'm driving up to Watertown, so I didn't get to see how they looked. A loss is a loss at this point. This effort with a loss would probably be better tolerated if they weren't such a wreck as a team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I had the pleasure of listening on the radio as I'm driving up to Watertown, so I didn't get to see how they looked. A loss is a loss at this point. This effort with a loss would probably be better tolerated if they weren't such a wreck as a team. 

Absolutely......we shouldn't use the "But we played really well" cliche If you are 14th place in the conference and were expected to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I guess it just depends on the definition of bad. They lost on a fluke goal bad dominated the vast majority of the game, even killing off a couple of five V3. Is that bad? I guess it’s bad because you’re not winning.

The corollary to that would be Dallas was good because they won. They were not good this game. 

1 minute ago, KC Scouts said:

Absolutely......we shouldn't use the "But we played really well" cliche If you are 14th place in the conference and were expected to make the playoffs.

But the thing is, they did play very well. If you follow sports you're aware that sometimes you play well and still lose. It happens. Saying it's just a cliche is just lazy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

Just now, Sabres73 said:

But the thing is, they did play very well. If you follow sports you're aware that sometimes you play well and still lose. It happens. Saying it's just a cliche is just lazy.

No..Lazy is often how we shoot the puck. One goal on 48 shots. Oettinger played well but he wasn't Hasek out there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

I guess it just depends on the definition of bad. They lost on a fluke goal bad dominated the vast majority of the game, even killing off a couple of five V3. Is that bad? I guess it’s bad because you’re not winning.

The corollary to that would be Dallas was good because they won. They were not good this game. 

Ray/Hamilton were talking about the shots, but also that not one Sabre was noted to be near or in the crease and that the fluke Dallas goal happened because someone was in UPLs grill. They were still unhappy about the perimeter play yet again.

Their record when the other team scores first is abysma still, and this was another game where it happened. 

I don't think there is an answer here, I think this team is just flawed and incapable of putting together many complete games. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Enough with the "great effort BS"

WE LOST, WE LOST.....ONCE AGAIN.....WE LOST

Exactly effort and working hard should be a given. The Buffalo Sabres are a mess and need major changes to their top 6 forwards. One goal isn’t core players you can win Stanley Cup’s with. The Sabres need block buster trades to there core. I would add veteran proven players not prospects that are more suspects than prospects in the Sabres organization. The Sabres are at rock bottom they need major changes to their core players. Firing the head coach and general manager isn’t going to accomplish anything. The Sabres players on this present roster aren’t good enough in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• dislike 1

My thoughts on today’s game:

With 48 points in 50 games, Sabres will need to play at a 120 point pace over remaining 32 games to get to 95 points and a likely playoff berth 

They’ll need to play at a 110 point pace or commit an inferior season to record than last season 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

My thoughts on today’s game:

With 48 points in 50 games, Sabres will need to play at a 120 point pace over remaining 32 games to get to 95 points and a likely playoff berth 

This team will go sub  .500 for the final 32 games....13-14 wins at best.....I'm not happy about it but its likely going to happen

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, SABRESfan said:

Let’s say they make it.. and obviously lose in the first round.  Who would feel better about the season?

I don't understand the bolded.

In order to make it, they're going to need to get to about 96 points, which would mean going something in the order of 23-7-2 down the stretch. To do so, their PP would need to be better, the scoring would have to be through the roof, Power would look like he's playing God Mode, and their goalies would have to be hotter than Hasek for over 2 straight months.

In order to make it, they'd be absolutely the most dangerous team "no one wants to play" heading into the playoffs. We'd all be ecstatic.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

No..Lazy is often how we shoot the puck.

Couldn’t agree more… No “WILL to score”… Big reason so few charge the net… 

Just too many rushed shots with no expectation of scoring… Seems it’s just enough to get a shot off… Too many wide, high or in the chest of the goalie… Adams has assembled a roster of mediocrity.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.