GDT: Lightning @ Sabres - Sat Jan 20, 2024, 12:30 pm ET MSG-B, BSSUN ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

Spoonman

2 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

One goal against JoJo, in his first game since NY Eve, with a season GAA of 3.45 in a must win game. ย Pathetic offensive performance. An unacceptable loss.ย 

He's worse than terrible as I've read here numerous times.

Yet he was better than them today.ย 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Right.

Score effects, especially in the 3rd. They just sat on itย 

Tampa was beatable today. They were dragging a little. But thanks to two gift goals they could afford to cruise and wait for the Sabres to turn it over again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Norcal said:

Of course it does. I'm just giving a nod to a great coach.ย 

I totally agree. ย I'd love to see the Sabres record when our in experienced coaching staff goes up against what are considered top NHL coaches - especially those who are defensive minded. ย  I'd guess they have a .300 or less pts %ย 

ย 

Well I only saw the last 8:32 so Iโ€™ll refrain from comment but what I saw was good effort with no finish. ย  Junk goalies tend to beat us. ย 
ย 

The story of the game must be that two lunch bucket guys score on Sabres turnovers and the Sabres big guns not answering.ย 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Guarantees in life

Death

Taxesย 

Granato reverting to the Samuelsson-Dahlin Pairingย 

Never had my opinion of a coach change so quickly.ย 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Tampa was beatable today. They were dragging a little. But thanks to two gift goals they could afford to cruise and wait for the Sabres to turn it over again.

I'd like to thank Alex Tuch for the Tampa win. His weak, awful, lazy, lackadaisical, and otherwise piss poor efforts on the point for that pp cost us the game.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I totally agree. ย I'd love to see the Sabres record when our in experienced coaching staff goes up against what are considered top NHL coaches - especially those who are defensive minded. ย  I'd guess they have a .300 or less pts %ย 

ย 

Keep Donnie or not, at the very least I think they need some different coaches.

Not from the Sabres development staff.ย 

Some former players w pedigree would be nice.ย 

ย 

That weak effort by Mittlestat along the boards that cost them the first goal is a perfect example of why Iโ€™d rather he get traded. Heโ€™ll never be a reliable top 6 forward who can play both ways. They have enough of those already signed. Get a top 4 D in exchange.

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

I think Granato and associates have to be gone after this season. No real reasonable reason for keeping them.

Granato is an award winning developmental coach with no obligation to winning a championship.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Keep Donnie or not, at the very least I think they need some different coaches.

Not from the Sabres development staff.ย 

Some former players w pedigree would be nice.ย 

ย 

They need experience. ย  I'm still hopefully that they back up the brinks truck for Brind'amour. ย  Yes, I know I'm living in a fantasy landย 

• Agree 1

Fire Donny night. ย Feb 10th vs St.Louisย 

who's in?? ย 
ย 

Signs, chants, & meatballs!!ย 
ย 

omg!! . ย Fans littering the ice with meatballs!!! ย 

Meh, the season is over. They won't fire Granato until the postseason anyways and then they'll have a bigger list of candidates.ย 

Fire Donny night. ย Feb 10th vs St.Louisย 

who's in?? ย 
ย 

Signs, chants, & meatballs!!ย 
ย 

omg!! . ย Fans littering the ice with meatballs!!! ย 

If they hire Peca , which is a possibility ย  They can't surround him with guys like Ellis. ย  Find the best assistants money can buyย 

• dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

If they hire Peca , which is a possibility ย  They can't surround him with guys like Ellis. ย  Find the best assistants money can buyย 

If they hire Peca they are idiots.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

So I guess thatโ€™s a wrap on the season eh?

I actually got face value for my tickets today, which was a miracle

Luckily for you, it was 'Kid's Takeover Day'.