GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres 4 pm MSG radio 550 am

bob_sauve28

Just now, eman said:

Zadorov with a nice hit on Cozens. Too bad things didn't work out with him in Buffalo. I's like him back!

Cozens' speed should have at least resulted in a shot on goal there. I thought he was going to go wide and then cut to the net and force Zadorov to have to skate or tackle him. He played into the easy hit and rush breakup.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

Cozens was leaning hard as turning, so it really wasn't that hard of a hit, looked worse than it was

Yeah, it was kind of like the Okposo check, player just turned into him and Okie just stood his ground.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Krebs makes me crabby

6 minutes ago, eman said:

And he was soft on the puck clear just now allowing Vancouver to maintain possession which lead to Samuellson having to ice it. He allowed the Canuck player to catch him from behind when he had time to move the puck out of the zone or shoot it out.

He needs to play better. No question about it. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Dam they tried to get a matinee past me. Sounds like we were dominating.

FYI...with the Bills playoff game being moved to Monday at 4:30 PM, the 1:00 PM Sabres matinee on MLK Day has been moved to noon. Buffalo doubleheader!

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RangerDave said:

I will be at the game today and I will cheer for the Sabres, win or lose.  I don't boo my team.  I root for my team.  I may not like how they are doing at the moment, but the Sabres will always be my team and I will root for them.  It's better for the team, and more importantly, it's better for my own mental health and well being.  Go Sabres!

Canadian fans root for Canadian teams.

Love seeing Larry the Hawk Carriere.  Great guy.   

Imagine a time when players wanted to play in Buffalo?   

He is talking about the GM in the stands, expecting accountability, seeing that things the coach missed.   Imagine that?  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Hawk in for a visit.  He was a character. 

Wonderful intermission interview with him… Great stories… 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He needs to play better. No question about it. 

Krebs has a propensity to lose the puck at the point or get a shot blocked at the top of the Offensive zone resulting in transition for the opposition.  Maybe one of our assistant coaches like Matt Ellis can work with him on obtaining a skill set to maintain possession and avoid shot blocks. 
Trying Not To Laugh Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Believer said:

Wonderful intermission interview with him… Great stories… 

The guy he mentioned setting up the golf outings is a good friend of mine.  

For whatever reason, the  70’s era players liked Buffalo and many stayed or come back often. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Not really, like in any sport fans often cheer for random teams that they have no real connection to. Like me, Canadian, Sabres fan for over 50 years now.

A lot of Canadians are anybody but Buffalo. I noticed it mostly at Bills games.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

The guy he mentioned setting up the golf outings is a good friend of mine.  

For whatever reason, the  70’s era players liked Buffalo and many stayed or come back often. 

Probably because I was a wide-eyed kid at the time still living there and cheering them on. 😁

6 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Not really, like in any sport fans often cheer for random teams that they have no real connection to. Like me, Canadian, Sabres fan for over 50 years now.

You and I both. Most of my Canadian pals have U.S. based teams as faves.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.