GDT: Kraken @ Sabres - Tues. 7 pm ET, Jan 9, 2024 MSG-B, ROOT-NW, ESPN+, Sportsnet+ 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

14 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Unfortunately, none of this is stopping until a coaching staff that can actually coach and hold guys accountable comes on. I don't see them canning Meatballs in season, so we're stuck with this subpar product.

I would not be surprised if Granato was back next year.  

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

I'd like to see them hold some sort of special conference or something and explain what exactly their idea is of what went wrong when we seemed to be on an upward trajectory after last year

the least one could ask for is transparency in all this

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Once upon a time, a coach would keep his players at the arena and work their a$$es off after a terrible game like this.  Any chance this happens anymore???

I'm probably on an island here but I don't think they were terrible except in net 

Kraken scored on most if not all of their opportunities and Daccord was able to stop most of all the Sabres.  

Just now, lowsabre said:

I'd like to see them hold some sort of special conference or something and explain what exactly their idea is of what went wrong when we seemed to be on an upward trajectory after last year

the least one could ask for is transparency in all this

They won’t.  They will excuse it away after the season.

Any fan who really cares already knows what went wrong.  

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'm probably on an island here but I don't think they were terrible except in net 

Kraken scored on most if not all of their opportunities and Daccord was able to stop most of all the Sabres.  

Did you see the power play?  Did you see the PK?  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

I only came in towards the second half of the second period (so maybe I'm missing something), but seeing that powerplay was enough for me to decide that they were terrible

Edited by lowsabre

Just now, Pimlach said:

Did you see the power play?  Did you see the PK?  

That was 4 mins of the entire time 

Tuch had a breakaway on the PK. And the shot should have been saved 

BUT that's again coaching 

things Sabres need to improve 

1) coaching - need a strong coach who can implement a defensive structure 

2) coaching - need a special team improvement 

3) consistent goaltending - Bring in a Vet

4) foot soldiers  - need another 4th line all effort type of guy or 2 

5) another top 4 dman - probably the most difficult so I have it as last 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Canucks got their Boudreau bounce when he came in (kinda like granato) but there was no accountability, nobody worried about sitting, no pp or pk structure.

I am stunned at the Canucks this year. Tocchet and company don’t mess around and players play hard almost every night.

DG should be praised for getting a lot of the kids but it’s clear it’s too country club still. The Sabres need some extreme tough love and structure.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.