Sabres lines 12/20

Doohickie

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

OK, they're going with lines that HAVE worked across the board.  Which is good.

But why are they insisting on going with pairings that haven't worked in a while?  Which is bad.

Hate to say it, because really don't like him on the top pairing but it's better than any of the other options except possibly putting a rookie there, but put Jokiharju with Dahlin, put the rookie with Power, and put Samuelsson with either Clifton or the other Johnson.

They have to optimize all 18 skaters.  Not just some of them.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doohickie said:

I love Muel but I'd sit him a game or two.  He needs to get out of his own head.

He MIGHT need benching.  (Heck, he probably does.)  But would rather give him 3rd pairing usage for a bit to see if he can work through his issues.  If he's on his game, he's better than either of the 2 FAs brought in.

Problem is, Power should be getting 3rd pairing usage right now too (or a benching).  Can't bench 4 of them and ice a roster.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I love Muel but I'd sit him a game or two.  He needs to get out of his own head.

Muel, no I mean Power, no I mean Joki, no I mean Clifton, etc.  At the same time our bonehead staff has no clue they should be playing Little Johnson more.

Playing Power with Joki is simply stupidity by the coaching staff, but then again I think pulling names randomly out of a hat would yield better pairings.

Last, I'd like to know if this is just a "normal" practice or is there any more urgency or intensity after last night's embarrassment.

Edited by Carmel Corn

Just now, LGR4GM said:

The same defense that just got lit on fire by... checking my notes here... hold on one second while they load... the 28th place Columbus Blue Jackets for 9 goals against? We are just going to run it back? 

Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That is an awesome gif.

I can't believe that HCDG is not shaking up the defence pairs.

Note that when Girgensons returns, probably either Jost or Olofsson needs to go to Rochester unless a trade is made.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Muel, no I mean Power, no I mean Joki, no I mean Clifton, etc.  At the same time our bonehead staff has no clue they should be playing Little Johnson more.

Playing Power with Joki is simply stupidity by the coaching staff, but then again I think pulling names randomly out of a hat would yield better pairings.

I think at this point, Joke/Dahlin is a decent pairing.  Drop Muel down to 2nd or 3rd pair (or sit him a game or two), I don't care.  I'd like to see Lil J play more.

Just now, Marvin said:

That is an awesome gif.

Note that when Girgensons returns, probably either Jost or Olofsson needs to go to Rochester unless a trade is made.

I think it will be Jost.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

That is an awesome gif.

I just searched "montage" and it popped up so I think we should make it a regular occurrence around here

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Top two lines trying to capture the heady days of April.

They need to play Lil J though.

Uhhhh again with the stupid move of sitting RJ. I hope they give up a dozen this time. I am so done with the ineptness of management's decision making. You sit your best defensive playing defensemen???? WTF!!!! Idiots!!! Love the rest of the lines, but how healthy are they?

Just now, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Uhhhh again with the stupid move of sitting RJ. I hope they give up a dozen this time. I am so done with the ineptness of management's decision making. You sit your best defensive playing defensemen???? WTF!!!! Idiots!!! Love the rest of the lines, but how healthy are they?

I'm not sure I'd call him the best defensive playing Dman on the team, but he's certainly in the Top 6.  Or should be.

5 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Hoping (but not particulary hopeful) that they roll different pairings tomorrow.  They have mixed stuff up from what they were practicing a couple of times this year.  They REALLY need to do that again on the back line.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm not sure I'd call him the best defensive playing Dman on the team, but he's certainly in the Top 6.  Or should be.

The way ours has played, he makes the best decisions and plays smart every shift. You are right, he may not be the best but he is top 3!!! Easy. He should not be riding pine because other players are more senior, they are not playing better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

The way ours has played, he makes the best decisions and plays smart every shift. You are right, he may not be the best but he is top 3!!! Easy. He should not be riding pine because other players are more senior, they are not playing better. 

Give your username, are you suggesting that the time this ends is 2066?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I will be well dead by then...... i think...LOL I freaking hope not. All i want is one damn championship before i die!! LOL 

Same here.  I plan on living a long time, but not that long.

Erik Johnson shouldnt even be on the ice at this point. He is a detriment to whatever pairing he is on. I cannot believe was his numbers look like and after the Montreal game, I dont want him on the team. Ship him back to Colorado or waive him, honestly Bryson might be better. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Erik Johnson shouldnt even be on the ice at this point. He is a detriment to whatever pairing he is on. I cannot believe was his numbers look like and after the Montreal game, I dont want him on the team. Ship him back to Colorado or waive him, honestly Bryson might be better. 

But he's a positive influence on Power and Dahlin  lol 

scary part of this season the D is basically Dahlin and a bunch of guys who play is at best 3rd pair 

power and Samuelson should be relegated to bottom pair but there is no one to take their place in the top 4 

that's Adams issue to resolve immediately 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

But he's a positive influence on Power and Dahlin  lol 

scary part of this season the D is basically Dahlin and a bunch of guys who play is at best 3rd pair 

power and Samuelson should be relegated to bottom pair but there is no one to take their place in the top 4 

that's Adams issue to resolve immediately 

I think a pair of Ryan Johnson - Rasmus Dahlin and Clifton - Jokiharju could at least sorta kinda hold the top 4 up for a bit. We should be trying to trade with Calgary at this point. Hanifin or Tanev or preferably both. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.