Injury Updates 12/9

Brawndo

28 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Zemgus is settling in to a nice Christmas season. 

See you in 2024 Z. 

It seems like Robinson can fill that role, so no rush.

If only KA could find a way to have KO be ‘load managed’. Krebs could help a bit more offensively if he had a little more skill on his wings.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

It seems like Robinson can fill that role, so no rush.

If only KA could find a way to have KO be ‘load managed’. Krebs could help a bit more offensively if he had a little more skill on his wings.

Time to park the old oak for some games

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Time to park the old oak for some games

They don’t want to disrespect him but are probably thinking about maintenance days coming for KO. The first sign of soreness would be a perfect time to rest him.

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

IMHO - the 4th line needs more speed than KO can offer.  Kreb + Robinson + somebody else with speed could provide some quality minutes if they roll 4 lines.

He can still hand out participation trophies after the game.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, French Collection said:

They don’t want to disrespect him but are probably thinking about maintenance days coming for KO. The first sign of soreness would be a perfect time to rest him.

I've been thinking about this.  KO is pretty much out of gas and adds very little value most nights.  If he weren't the captain, he'd almost certainly be in the healthy-scratch rotation.  But I think it's still a pretty firm rule that you don't healthy-scratch your captain.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I've been thinking about this.  KO is pretty much out of gas and adds very little value most nights.  If he weren't the captain, he'd almost certainly be in the healthy-scratch rotation.  But I think it's still a pretty firm rule that you don't healthy-scratch your captain.

I think you can under the guise of "load management" 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

There a time line on Quinn now that he is no longer in a non-contact jersey?

Assuming it's at least 2-3 weeks of ramp up to get back conditioning and hockey related shape/skills for game play.

Do they send him to Rochester for conditioning?

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Shouldn't the captain be the first person stepping forward to do what is best for the team? It should come from Kyle or does it come down to DG making it happen?

3 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I think you can under the guise of "load management" 

Well, maybe, but that kinda seems like an obvious fig leaf.  Are you aware of any teams that have done this?

2 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

Shouldn't the captain be the first person stepping forward to do what is best for the team? It should come from Kyle or does it come down to DG making it happen?

This isn't realistic IMHO.  Similarly -- are you aware of any instances of this happening?

2 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

The last person to know that a player is finished is the player himself.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Well, maybe, but that kinda seems like an obvious fig leaf.  Are you aware of any teams that have done this?

This isn't realistic IMHO.  Similarly -- are you aware of any instances of this happening?

They did it with Okposo last season, He missed games with general body soreness 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.