GDT Predators @ Sabres Sunday Dec 3rd 7pm MSG,ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

At least it looked like they tried tonight.

This team needs to learn how to play a game that draws power plays. They are ten-ply soft. Not a single man advantage tonight and they didn’t deserve one. That is pathetic.

Without Tuch, Tage, and Greenway, we’re screwed.

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

This season is over. A pure dumpster fire. Unfortunately looks like we have to blow it all up yet again. I don’t know what else to say. I never thought we’d regress this badly. 

Blowing it all up would be a reverse rebuild.  It would mean losing a trade on paper to bring in NHL talent for young high level prospects.  That’s what the majority of the fanbase is asking for. 

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

Blowing it all up would be a reverse rebuild.  It would mean losing a trade on paper to bring in NHL talent for young high level prospects.  That’s what the majority of the fanbase is asking for. 

Need new folks running the team. This is not progress. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

An embarrassment.  They lack drive or heart.  They are just skating around playing pond hockey and hoping something good happens.  

At least in pond hockey, you trade chances with the other team and hope for the best. The Sabres aren’t out chancing most teams. But I agree, lots of floating and backwards passes in their own zone.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Looking at the way they've drafted, and the way they coach, it's pretty clear what vision they have for the team, and it's one of finesse. Unfortunately, I believe the sport still favors the teams with a mix of skill and toughness. And for the hundredth time, I don't necessarily mean fighting, although the better teams have guys that can and will.

The team doesn’t have enough versatility. It’s why some really liked Mitts on the first line when Tommers went down last year, Tuch has been so important, and Greenway is very much a top 6 guy here. 

Our skill players need a physical presence on each line. The league isn’t playing the game the way the Sabres want them to and this roster gets abused for stretches because of it.

If this team could get another Greenway and a Mitts-lite it would go a long way. They won’t get over the hump this year, next year, or any other year until the vision for this team changes. 

1 minute ago, CTJoe said:

For the last 45 seconds, Granato had Joker, Okposo and Krebs on the ice.  I need say no more.

I’m not sure Mitts came off the ice the last 2:30 minutes. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This team needs a real leader.  A Chris Drury type player willing to hold the team up to a winning standard.  Drury plastered a poster of the Stanley Cup in the locker room when he arrived tells his teammates that was now the standard in Buffalo.  Since he left we have had no one, no player, no coach, no GM no owner holding anyone to that standard and that is why we are where we are. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

You literally have no one else at this point.   
GMKA has failed us.   I've been as patient as anyone but enough is enough. 
He needs to get something done to give them a chance.    His plan was try to stay in it until Tage and Quinn return 

Now with Tuch going out and losing 3 in a row , he can no longer wait    Get a deal done this week   Overpay if you have to just get it done  

I'm done hearing him say I've been talking to everyone" "I'm in on every conversation".  Time for action or another season will be lost 😡 

No point doing any deal now with the idea of making the playoffs… Team needs more than a few new players…

Needs new Coaches… Needs a new Captain… Needs a new Nutrition and Training Staff… Needs a Team Shrink… 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

For the last 45 seconds, Granato had Joker, Okposo and Krebs on the ice.  I need say no more.

Fireable offense in and of itself. 

I'm glad Meatballs was the guy after Raaaaaalph, he helped turn things around and really developed some of this young core (that I still believe in), but sometimes the message gets stale and a change has to be made. We're at that point with Granato.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This team needs a real leader.  A Chris Drury type player willing to hold the team up to a winning standard.  Drury plastered a poster of the Stanley Cup in the locker room when he arrived tells his teammates that was now the standard in Buffalo.  Since he left we have had no one, no player, no coach, no GM no owner holding anyone to that standard and that is why we are where we are. 

The only guy I could make a case for currently on this team that could be that guy is EJ, and he was a healthy scratch tonight.  The GM is failing this franchise. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, HumanSlinky39 said:

I'm glad Meatballs was the guy after Raaaaaalph, he helped turn things around and really developed some of this young core (that I still believe in), but sometimes the message gets stale and a change has to be made. We're at that point with Granato.

I'd like KA to throw him a bone and make a trade and help the roster before that move is made 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

The team doesn’t have enough versatility. It’s why some really liked Mitts on the first line when Tommers went down last year, Tuch has been so important, and Greenway is very much a top 6 guy here. 

Our skill players need a physical presence on each line. The league isn’t playing the game the way the Sabres want them to and this roster gets abused for stretches because of it.

If this team could get another Greenway and a Mitts-lite it would go a long way. They won’t get over the hump this year, next year, or any other year until the vision for this team changes. 

100%. And I feel like Adams, with all of his young assets in the pipeline, is like the person who saves like crazy for retirement, has millions, and can't come to actually spend it. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Who should have been on the ice?  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

^ This is true and unfortunately this is getting so old. Like how much more can the good players take before they want out. Plus for the fan base this is unacceptable. The way they are going Chicago’s gonna probably be ahead of us on the rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

I want more than just a patrolman on each line for the youth. I want retribution for teams who pushed around our kids. Go out and get the top 3 knuckle draggers, make those in the league who feel liberties had no consequences pay. Start with Hathaway in New Jersey, cave his face like he did to Cozens.

The debt, it is owed, the price, needs to be paid.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, Believer said:

No point doing any deal now with the idea of making the playoffs… Team needs more than a few new players…

Needs new Coaches… Needs a new Captain… Needs a new Nutrition and Training Staff… Needs a Team Shrink… 

I’m open to cleaning house behind the bench and in the FO. If Terry is on the page I’d actually stay put this season and let the new regime make any roster moves.

At this point I have a lot of questions around the vision for this team. And if this is currently the vision of the FO, I don’t want that guy making performative moves to save his job.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.