Little Johnson Has Played Well

Porous Five Hole

12 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Is it time to waive Bryson and get a forward like Kulich in the mix? Or can the protected minutes of RJ be a little less protected?

It’s only a few games, but is it time to lean on Ryan more than Meatballs has so far?

IF waiving Bryson and bringing somebody else up would get them out of the 7-11 roster building, yes, it is time.

If they're willing to run with the 12 F's they have on the roster, then there's no pressing need to waive him.

But either way, they need to find a way to get back to 12-6.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, pi2000 said:

....but but but the guys really like Bryson.

Friendships are more important than wins.

I know. Plus Bryson wants to be in Buffalo.

At some point KA should be doing his job and putting the best players he can find on the roster. This will improve the talent and send a message to the rest of them that this is a business and winning is better for business.

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

I know. Plus Bryson wants to be in Buffalo.

At some point KA should be doing his job and putting the best players he can find on the roster. This will improve the talent and send a message to the rest of them that this is a business and winning is better for business.

I don't have a huge problem with Bryson as a 3rd pair guy or the 7th guy sitting out on occasion.

I'd like them to 'resolve' the 3 goaltender situation by sending Levi down. Not as a punishment but I want to see him get more action and UPL/Comrie have played not great, but "good enough" to see them split the job up here for a month or two.  Pick 12 guys up front and go with them.  You resolve a bit of the roster situation and go with a balanced lineup.  Have Bryson sit some games, and on occasion (back to back, 3 games in 4 nights, or injury) put him in there on the 3rd pair.  Hes still likely to get 40, 50, or more games that way if you handle the lineup in that manner.

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't have a huge problem with Bryson as a 3rd pair guy or the 7th guy sitting out on occasion.

I'd like them to 'resolve' the 3 goaltender situation by sending Levi down. Not as a punishment but I want to see him get more action and UPL/Comrie have played not great, but "good enough" to see them split the job up here for a month or two.  Pick 12 guys up front and go with them.  You resolve a bit of the roster situation and go with a balanced lineup.  Have Bryson sit some games, and on occasion (back to back, 3 games in 4 nights, or injury) put him in there on the 3rd pair.  Hes still likely to get 40, 50, or more games that way if you handle the lineup in that manner.

Don't want to see Levi sent down (defintiely not yet) because his ceiling is higher than either of the other 2.  All 3 are playing like quality backups right now. They'll give the team a chance to win.  But with Thompson and Quinn out, Tuch and Cozens playing through/ recovering from injury, Clifton learning the system, and Power in a sophomore slump; don't know that the team will step up and seize that opportunity to win often enough.

Of the 3, IMHO Levi has the highest ceiling, and also the greatest likelihood of picking up his play.  For that reason, do not want to see him sent down.  And, his playing 1 game a week currently and watching alternatively from the press box and from the bench will get him to that next level more than playing on average 2 games per week against weaker competition.  (Amerks only have 6 games over the next 3 weeks at this point in time.)  (Plus, was told by many here that playing 4 games over 8 days is why he broke heading into the Calgary game.  Won't he have that same issue or worse when the Amerks start getting to their regular 3 game/ week schedule?)

Not for nothing, but for all the talk around here of how horrible Levi's been, since he came back from injury he's 2-1-1 with wins over TO and Minny, an OT loss to the 9-1-1 Caps, and a loss to the B's.  Who expected a better record than that?  Any of you raising your hands, did you have it better than 3-1-0?  

And, right now, want absolutely nothing to do with Bryson in the lineup unless there are injuries or other consideration.  My 2 cents.  YMMV.

8 minutes. That's all it took for me to know Johnson shouldn't leave the lineup again.

The obvious is not so obvious right now in Sabreland. 

The moves so glaring to even the casual fan just remain undone. 

Eventually that ineptitude will lead to a decision to send Yonni back to the Amerks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.