Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because he let in a goal?

Go back and read the post man.  I said “I’m not saying he’s broken”.  
And no, not cause he let in a goal in an AHL game.  Don’t be silly.  It’s because he got his butt handed to him in the NHL.  It’s because we threw him to the wolves as a rookie coming out of college.  You don’t do that with goalies.  Levi is not that special.  He should’ve started this year in the AHL. 
And to be honest, there was a good amount of players who weren’t happy he was just kind of handed the the 1a spot.  They felt like he didn’t go out and earn it.  

8 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

And no, not cause he let in a goal in an AHL game.  Don’t be silly.  It’s because he got his butt handed to him in the NHL.  It’s because we threw him to the wolves as a rookie coming out of college.  You don’t do that with goalies.  Levi is not that special.  He should’ve started this year in the AHL. 
And to be honest, there was a good amount of players who weren’t happy he was just kind of handed the the 1a spot.  They felt like he didn’t go out and earn it.  

We threw him into a playoff race and he nearly got us there. 

Can you tell us which players weren't happy with Levi starting? You must have names. I'm going to guess was Comrie one? Who else, since we're being honest here?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Per the bold text, I’d be interested in knowing who those players are because neither of our other goalies have done squat to earn much of anything themselves. 

20 hours ago, K-9 said:

Per the bold text, I’d be interested in knowing who those players are because neither of our other goalies have done squat to earn much of anything themselves. 

Hasn't there been some chatter at times about the team really liking UPL? I’m not trying to throw any fuel on this fire, but I do feel like I’ve heard it a few times. 

Amerks ran out of steam tonight imo. Levi did ok stopping 30 of 34, but you could see he was fatigued after playing last night as well. Still, he saved 70 out of th 76 shots he faced in the two games, not to mention stopping all four shootout attempts last night. Not too shabby at all. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ugly loss. Dustin Tokarski no bueno.

Guess who plays for the Checkers? Rasmus Asplund. Didn't we keep him over Will Borgen in the Kraken expansion draft?

More like we kept Asplund+Tage Thompson+Bjork over Will Borgen. We protected 7 F 3D, if we wanted a 4th defenseman, we could only keep 4 F

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 12/2/2023 at 9:39 PM, K-9 said:

Amerks ran out of steam tonight imo. Levi did ok stopping 30 of 34, but you could see he was fatigued after playing last night as well. Still, he saved 70 out of th 76 shots he faced in the two games, not to mention stopping all four shootout attempts last night. Not too shabby at all. 

Young people aren’t allowed to get tired 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Amerks score twice in the first 3-4 mins of the game. Springfield scores their first with under 20 seconds left in the 1st. And 2nd period is just tennis hockey, back and forth until the fire alarm goes off and warning messages start blaring over the PA. They start evacuating fans, while leaving players on the ice. After about 5 mins, they announce it was a false alarm. A few mins after plays starts up again, the T-birds score to tie it up. Subban is Springfields goalie too. Just a weird game to be watching.

What seemed crazy to me, when the alarms went off, not one person moved. Everyone sat there until security started forcing people out. We, as Americans, have become so comfortable with everything about this country, nothing phases us. Wild, wild stuff man!!

Update, Amerks down 3-2 after two. They can't hold a lead for jack *****. 

Edited by Claude Balls

16 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

30th in the league in regulation wins

32nd in goals against per game 

32nd in shots against per game 

32nd penalty kill 

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say they’re currently one of the worst teams in the AHL. 

They've blown so many 2 goal leads, just in the third period alone. It's pretty pathetic. I'm shocked they have the record they do. 

Hey...they just tied it up. And the Springfield PA guy just butchered another Amerk players name. Is this the new thing now?, to pronounce the opposing players names wrong after a goal? Not the first time I've heard from opposing teams announcing a goal.