How many days until the Sabres season

Crusader1969

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Who is the general in your profile picture? Or is it you in costume? 

Ohhhh boy John, I had great respect for you before this lol 

A man that truly lived and died Rock n Roll.   Weave, did you ever see the documentary about him? i remember kinda feel sorry for him. Amazing that he lived as long as he did actually.

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

A man that truly lived and died Rock n Roll.   Weave, did you ever see the documentary about him? i remember kinda feel sorry for him. Amazing that he lived as long as he did actually.

There has been a couple.  Be more specific lol.

Yeah, Lemmy lived the metal lifestyle, no doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

You hipsters are flying over my head. Can you please inform this clueless and befuddled and archaic fellow who this gent in war garb is! 🥸

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Who? You fu----ing cool guys are not part of my pedestrian world.  LOL

John, you are showing your colors, and I can respect that. This is definitely not hipster stuff. They were once in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the loudest rock band ever. That's some legacy.

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

John, you are showing your colors, and I can respect that. This is definitely not hipster stuff. They were once in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the loudest rock band ever. That's some legacy.

Metal Head music sucks! I'm too mellow of a fellow to find that ear splitting garbage appealing. If you like to listen to loud stuff, go to an artillery training facility and listen to the canons shooting without head gear. That sound is more rhythmic and listenable than the ear-splitting noise that your favorite band produces. WTF! Get off my lawn so I can get back to my solitude and quietude! 🤡

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:34 AM, JohnC said:

Shut that shiiit off. That's music for junkies and rabble rousers.  I hate it!

I like it.  I have been diagnosed as clinically boring.  I never have been or will ever be a junkie.  I can think of reasons to rouse the rabble, but I don't think that I am capable rousing them.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Yeah, it requires a stronger constitution than you probably have. That’s why they make elevator music.

I like elevator music. I find it to be very soothing. 

I'm just a natural at being uncool. When I was young I was so inept that I never mastered the art of smoking dope. I kept coughing when I tried to hold it in. If there was a HOF for the uncool, I would be inducted unanimously on the first ballot. 

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I like elevator music. I find it to be very soothing. 

I'm just a natural at being uncool. When I was young I was so inept that I never mastered the art of smoking dope. I kept coughing when I tried to hold it in. If there was a HOF for the uncool, I would be inducted unanimously on the first ballot. 

I knew a guy with this problem. He threw up every time.  

John, didn’t you listen to Zeppelin and Deep Purple?   It’s not metal, but some of their music was foundational to what became metal. 

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I knew a guy with this problem. He threw up every time.  

John, didn’t you listen to Zeppelin and Deep Purple?   It’s not metal, but some of their music was foundational to what became metal. 

Yes, I did, a little. Not my type of music. Mo-town was what I was attracted to. Temptations, Diana Ross and Supremes, Four Tops, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, Smokey Robinson etc.. I was also a big Beatles fan. I didn't particularly like Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones. I'm out of step and uncool. 

On 9/15/2023 at 5:32 AM, JohnC said:

Metal Head music sucks! I'm too mellow of a fellow to find that ear splitting garbage appealing. If you like to listen to loud stuff, go to an artillery training facility and listen to the canons shooting without head gear. That sound is more rhythmic and listenable than the ear-splitting noise that your favorite band produces. WTF! Get off my lawn so I can get back to my solitude and quietude! 🤡

It's fine and good that you don't like that kind of music, but to aggressively say it "sucks" and is "garbage" is a pretty lame comment. There are lots of kinds of great music out there, from the Beatles to metal. No need to disparage it.

Edited by Sabres73

On 9/16/2023 at 3:43 PM, JohnC said:

Yes, I did, a little. Not my type of music. Mo-town was what I was attracted to. Temptations, Diana Ross and Supremes, Four Tops, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, Smokey Robinson etc.. I was also a big Beatles fan. I didn't particularly like Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones. I'm out of step and uncool. 

Dude, mo-town is incredible! It’s very cool. Mo-town is the foundation and roots to soooo many musicians of every genre. Many don’t realize that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.