Sabres Announce Brett Murray Signed to One Year Two Way Deal

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

I think he could be a good 13th forward that can add muscle when needed to give either Jost or Okposo a rest.

With Rousek being able to clear waivers, he will probably be sent down.

I’d wager Rousek is more likely on the roster as they went to him before Murray last season iirc

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

I think he could be a good 13th forward that can add muscle when needed to give either Jost or Okposo a rest.

I kinda cringe when I read stuff like “muscle” and “toughness” is regards to Murray.  He’s big.  He uses his size to gain position but he’s much more of a scorer than anything else.  He’s not a great hitter due to foot speed and his fights are only out of necessity as the Amerks had few that would answer the bell.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Murray is a perfect example of just because you are large doesn’t mean you are tougher. He is a career AHL’er.

• Agree 4

19 hours ago, tom webster said:

Murray is a perfect example of just because you are large doesn’t mean you are tougher. He is a career AHL’er.

I agree. If he starts the year as 13th man as some are suggesting, I’d say we kinda undercooked the forward unit, for really no reason at all 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.