Taylor Hall to Chicago

Quint

17 hours ago, Quint said:

More like Vile Leino. Hall is of course on the Sabres Master List of Villains. Does Eichel belong there? Ultimately I don't think so. He actually produced results. Hasek left on bad terms but is ultimately a hero. Drury and Briere also were guilty of mutiny. But it was a reaction to mismanagement and they produced while here.  I think Lehner belongs on the villain list. Any other villains that we're missing? We may have hit a rich topic that deserves its own thread here.

I had a nightmare the other night that I was still paying Christian Erhoff.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I love how Hall is the villain here when Adams is the one who signed him and then traded him (with 50% retention) for a 2d round pick.

Maybe we all need to thank Hall for his lack of effort? Maybe it took that situation for Adams to move to the full deconstruction/rebuild and take us away from that era? 

Hall was good in Boston. Not MVP level but good. Bruins fans are by and large unhappy with him leaving although accepting of the cap reality they face.

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I love how Hall is the villain here when Adams is the one who signed him and then traded him (with 50% retention) for a 2d round pick.

Because he was brought in on Krueger's say-so. He dogged it while he was here, and he wouldn't waive his No Trade List when the Sabres were offered a 1st for him. Hall forced Adams into that bad Bruins deal, or did you forget?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Because he was brought in on Krueger's say-so. He dogged it while he was here, and he wouldn't waive his No Trade List when the Sabres were offered a 1st for him.

Who signed him with that NTC?  Himself?  Krueger?

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Who signed him with that NTC?  Himself?  Krueger?

Different dynamic at the time. Adams had to back up his coach Darth Krueger, who wanted Hall, and Hall used that leverage to hold Adams over a barrel. Adams wasn't free of Krueger's vile influence until he was fired.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Different dynamic at the time. Adams had to back up his coach Darth Krueger, who wanted Hall, and Hall used that leverage to hold Adams over a barrel. Adams wasn't free of Krueger's vile influence until he was fired.

What you're saying is that it ultimately was Adams who *decided* to back up Kruger in this manner.

We don't know for sure, and I freely admit that I want to believe it, but I do think KA didn't have any choice in the contract he gave Hall, including the NMC, which directly resulted in getting screwed on the trade with Boston.  I think Krueger had TP's ear as much as KA did at that point, and pushed hard for Hall (in part because it meant keeping Eichel on board), and KA decided not to die on that hill. 

Hall got an $8M salary, a NMC, and he ended up with the Bruins - a real Cup contender.  He leveraged his relationship with Krueger.  He and his agent cannot be blamed for smart business, but I blame Hall for the very poor effort in his time here. 

He knew once Krueger got fired that all he had to do was float until the trade deadline, and he did.   He even had Eichel and Reinhart on the team and he did nothing.  His scored just 2 goals in in 37 games and was a shameful -21.   

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What you're saying is that it ultimately was Adams who *decided* to back up Kruger in this manner.

I think the mandate he was working under was to give Krueger whatever he wanted. Choice didn't enter into it unless you mean choosing to take the job. C'mon @Eleven , you know this stuff. You weren't in a coma. Or is dragging down Adams that important to you?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think the mandate he was working under was to give Krueger whatever he wanted. Choice didn't enter into it unless you mean choosing to take the job. C'mon @Eleven , you know this stuff. You weren't in a coma. Or is dragging down Adams that important to you?

I just don't see that such a mandate existed.  And certainly not on the outgoing trade.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't disparage the good name of Darth by tying it to HCRK.

• Haha (+1) 1

It's hard to believe he is a former Hart Trophy winner. I watched him for years in Edmonton, and though he'd show occasional flashes of brilliance, he was maddeningly inconsistent and dreadful defensively. He put together one magical season, but outside of that he's been a decent to mediocre middle-6 winger his whole career. His time in Buffalo was a disgrace. Yes, that team was brutal, but Hall couldn't have possibly appeared to give less of a *****. 

Edited by HumanSlinky39

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.