GDT: 4/21/23 Amerks @ Crunch AHL Semis Gm1 (AHLTV)

DarthEbriate

It's game 1 of the best-of-5 series with the Syracuse Crunch. Per Amerks.com, both teams finished the season with 81 points and split the season series 6-6 and four of the last five games went to overtime. (Obviously this means a sweep is in order.)

Injury news on the Amerks side: Leading goal scorer (24) Jiri Kulich is questionable. Near point-per-game Brandon Biro is out (and 2nd in the team in points despite missing 21 games). And Brendan Warren is out. Additionally, no Sabres reinforcements were assigned to Rochester even for a day to assist in the playoffs. No outside help is on its way.

Can the Amerks win 2 rounds for the first time since 2003-04?
Note: Sabres AHL affiliate Portland Pirates never advanced past two rounds, either, so the same question applies.

I’m skeptical about the Amerks winning this series, but if Subban plays really well, I can see it. 

Syracuse is a tough matchup. Groulx is a good coach, they play a structurally sound game, and Barre-Boulet is arguably the best offensive player in the league. Kulich and Rosen will probably struggle with how physical and tight the games are. Even Quinn struggled with it last year. 

Amerks are without Biro this weekend, too, and that’s just too big of a loss. I think ultimately the Amerks chaotic style of play will unravel them against Syracuse over a 5 game series. The wildcard is potential TB injuries. But I have Syracuse in 4. 

13 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Apparently no Kulich tonight, despite Appert saying repeatedly all week that he was probable. Very disappointing. I would hope you play through a bit of pain at this point in the year. 

It's probably more than a bit of pain.  Saying he was probable was probably just mind games.

25 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I hope they at least get a split. I've got tix for next Friday at the ol hockey barn. Row D right behind the penalty boxes. Does anyone @inkman know if the Red Osier is still there? I'm dying for a roast beef dipped in au jus loaded with horseradish.

Last time I went they had a red osier type sandwich.  Not sure if it is authentic. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Last time I went they had a red osier type sandwich.  Not sure if it is authentic. 

Checked website.  No red osier. 

• dislike 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

That blows

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This place?

https://redosier.com/

Yup. I thought the restaurant in Stafford closed. Their prime rib was sooo good.

Edited by Claude Balls

1 hour ago, inkman said:

What in the actual hell is a Red Osier?

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

2-2 in the 3rd. 15 minutes left.

Yay? Boo Syracuse. Bunch of punks.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's a red-colored dogwood. Good size. Pretty.

https://morsenursery.com/products/red-osier-dogwood

(Also, apparently a restaurant.)

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's a red-colored dogwood. Good size. Pretty.

https://morsenursery.com/products/red-osier-dogwood

(Also, apparently a restaurant.)

To be honest I need some of those to district the native deer from my aborviate. Are they invasive?

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Amazing opportunity for the Amerks. Crunch take a slashing penalty with 2:23 remaining in the third in a tie game. And... nary a shot on goal (all blocked by skaters). To overtime they go.

Not quite true.  Syracuse got at least 1 shot on net on the Amerks PP.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.