The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

1 minute ago, KC Scouts said:

Watch the replay of the goal......Tkachuk is making a pest out of himself and had Swayman so preoccupied that Swayman punched him in the back just a second before the puck entered the net.

He was ass all night, he needed to do something out there.

I was so ready to post a "disgusted at the NHL and their refs" rant but I guess I'll take the circumstances. Still disgusted at not only the refs but the broadcast crew as well.

Anyway, Montour is a stud and the Panthers are not folding. Surprised the game isn't a bit more chaotic but we're getting a nice balance of grit, skill and strategy.

3 minutes ago, Leaf Blower said:

He listened to the outcry

It's Boston, if they lose they'll blame the goalie change. Just like Patriots fans were begging for Zappe to replace Jones at QB. Once Zappe came down to earth, they were chanting for Jones to come back. It's typical fan mentality. Boston fans just always seem to be more outspoken because they're so spoiled.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Sabres didn't have the brightest coaches when he was here.

That is the biggest part of the story. Krueger neutered  so many offensive players.  

The sad part is I think we would see this Montour on Buffalo now with Granato and his system. He would be the perfect piece back there.

Montour is a guy having a career year. No playoff goals before this year.  5 in the series.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Years ago, I thought Craig Rivet (Instigators) stated that the Sabres already had a talented D-man in Montour, if they would only use him properly....especially on the powerplay as a quarterback.  Maybe he was right?!?!

They used him on the PP.  Offensively he was good.  

Defense and leadership, not so much.  Adam’s might have kept him but he wanted to leave. 

That team had no leadership to make them a team.  They had factions.  The kids we have now are further along as a team than the Eichel-Reinhart-Risto-Montour-Ullmark group. 

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Wow.

BTW, Montour and Reinhart are both really good and important players for the Panthers.  Pretty disappointing how little the Sabres got out of, and for, Montour.

Don't get me started on one of my mantras here.

21 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Did you drop the Bruins the day the Sabres debuted or did you cheer for both for a while?

I dropped the Bruins the day my Uncle told me the Bisons were ending and we were getting an NHL team called the Sabres. I was a fan before the entry draft.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

They used him on the PP.  Offensively he was good.  

Defense and leadership, not so much.  Adam’s might have kept him but he wanted to leave. 

That team had no leadership to make them a team.  They had factions.  The kids we have now are further along as a team than the Eichel-Reinhart-Risto-Montour-Ullmark group. 

This is a great point. That group was not capable of being leaders. Breaking them up and putting them on teams with established leadership has allowed them to play their games and be successful. 

The young leadership here will lead to success in the near future.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.