GDT: Rangers at Sabres-03-31 7:00PM Levi debuts

MattPie

Just now, Thorny said:

If Levi wins, the calls to add a starting goalie this offseason with vanish immediately, right? Actually asking 

If Levi can just be the Sabres starter, that is hitting the lottery. You never never expect a player with so little pro seasoning to play at that level. It's rare but Tom Barrasso did it...out of high school!

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If Levi can just be the Sabres starter, that is hitting the lottery. You never never expect a player with so little pro seasoning to play at that level. It's rare but Tom Barrasso did it...out of high school!

That’s what I’m asking. If he wins today, is he going to be perceived as the starter for next season until proven otherwise, the calls for Adams to upgrade this summer dismissed? 

4 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

They need to play defense like they have a rookie goalie more often 

Maybe Anderson, Comrie, and UPL are all absolute pricks in the locker room. 

Maybe they huddle in a goalie clique in the corner and loudly say mean things about all the other skaters.

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Thorny said:

That’s what I’m asking. If he wins today, is he going to be perceived as the starter for next season until proven otherwise, the calls for Adams to upgrade this summer dismissed? 

If he wins today he will be given more starts before the season ends (and he might be given more starts regardless of tonight's results).  So it's not like we will just have the results of this game to off of.  

at this point if Levi becomes nothing more than an average NHL goalie... I'll take it. Thats how bad our goaltending has been.

But we used to take pride in having good goaltending. It was part of our identity & we just got away from it... I hope Levi brings that respectability back.

Some fear would be nice too! It'd be nice to have a goalie other teams feared playing against.

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If Levi wins, the calls to add a starting goalie this offseason with vanish immediately, right? Actually asking 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They shouldn't be dismissed by any rational thinker. It would be the intoxicating power of recency bias. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.