Tage's sh% and contract are definitely linked

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I think with predictions of points… Too many fans never take into account injuries and slumps. Which if you’ve watched hockey for any longer than a  year… You know… happens constantly to players.

I don't believe a Sabre has hit the 90 point mark in 15 years. When you see a stat like that, sometimes it just makes the most sense to hold off on predictions of it happening until we actually see it happen. 

If TT can continue this play, his greatest asset will not be his performance but his cap hit.

It allows the team to aggressively negotiate with others for long term contracts: “Cozens, TT scored 100 points and only costs $7 million. We think you’re worth $6 million.”

Boston and Pittsburgh have massively benefited from this.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

If TT can continue this play, his greatest asset will not be his performance but his cap hit.

It allows the team to aggressively negotiate with others for long term contracts: “Cozens, TT scored 100 points and only costs $7 million. We think you’re worth $6 million.”

Boston and Pittsburgh have massively benefited from this.

Yup, good call

this is the Scheifele contract I've mentioned, going to be great value. 

Unlike Scheifele, Tage isn't an abhorrent embarrassment in his own end 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I enjoy your posts on this site but YOU know this one is a troll. He's got 10, 14 games in, and he's not going to get to 30?

It's obviously possible he doesn't, but there's no way that's your gun-to-head prediction, you know hockey better than that. 

Anything can happen during the season i just dont see him finishing strong at the end just my feeling 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Anything can happen during the season i just dont see him finishing strong at the end just my feeling 

Interesting, considering the last 2 years, Thompson has only played better as the season has gone along. 3 points in 17 games January-March, 11 in 21 in April-May of 20/21. 14G 29 points in 40 games October-January, 24 G and 39 points in 38 games  of 21/22. 

Each season so far he has improved as he went along, and he had started with 10 goals and 18 points in 14 games so far. 
We’ll see if he’s done developing soon enough, but it’s possible he still has more to show us. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 4:25 PM, Thorny said:

Lindros is one of the greatest talents the game has ever seen. He's not Lindros adjusted for era. 

Lindros AVERAGED 93 points a season, in the dead puck era. Tage will probably never hit 93 points, once, in a higher scoring league 

Hey Thorny, you still feeling confident about this?  😁

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/12/2022 at 1:55 PM, Thorny said:

I don't believe a Sabre has hit the 90 point mark in 15 years. When you see a stat like that, sometimes it just makes the most sense to hold off on predictions of it happening until we actually see it happen. 

Briere in 06-07 had 95 points and was the last Sabre to do so...here is a list of all the Sabres with over 90 points.

Also...how the hell did Mogilny score 76 goals but was only a +7??

image.thumb.png.2097069d3b2f0c574024236185044477.png

Edited by matter2003
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Hey Thorny, you still feeling confident about this?  😁

Got into this yesterday 

22 hours ago, Thorny said:

Looking back, where I was wrong in defending his contract when he got it, amid oodles of complaints against it, was not being positive *enough*. I said he’d for sure live up to it, that it potentially could be a bargain. What I should have said is that it could be an outright steal. Additionally, I said he “probably wouldn’t” hit 90 points, and this looks more realistic by the day. Could come down to health. 
No matter how many times I come in with a new base-level assessment of tage, he in short order seems to surpass it. This is a good, nay, great thing for two reasons, notably 

A) he’s a Sabre 

B) my company in not predicting tage would become a potential top 5 scorer is precisely..everyone  

He’s not going to be Lindros and average 93 points a season, no - that part remains. But reaching 90 in a season looks very possible

Why not quote someone who lambasted his contract rather than praised it? 

Why not quote the multitude of posts I made supporting Dahlin when the entire board had given up on him? Lord knows those never get call backs. 

How about me being Skinner’s lone defender during the Krueger years? 

Ullmark, Reinhart, and Eichel predictions? 

Yea, you got me, I said Tage “probably wouldn’t” hit 90 and he’s PACING for it. Place kinda sucks now 

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Briere in 06-07 had 95 points and was the last Sabre to do so...here is a list of all the Sabres with over 90 points.

Also...how the hell did Mogilny score 76 goals but was only a +7??

image.thumb.png.2097069d3b2f0c574024236185044477.png

Dunno how the heck I missed mentioning Danny’s 95, that is one of my favourite seasons. Remember him getting stuck at 95 for a couple to end, too, when 100 was in reach 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Got into this yesterday 

He’s not going to be Lindros and average 93 points a season, no - that part remains. But reaching 90 in a season looks very possible

Why not quote the multitude of posts I made supporting Dahlin when the entire board had given up on him? Lord knows those never get call backs. 

Yea, you got me, I said Tage “probably wouldn’t” hit 90 and he’s PACING for it. Place kinda sucks now 

Dunno how the heck I missed mentioning Danny’s 95, that is one of my favourite seasons. Remember him getting stuck at 95 for a couple to end, too, when 100 was in reach 

Lol I’m just bustin your nuts.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Got into this yesterday 

Wait a second, I always loved Dahlin and thought Krueger the Failed was the cause

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.