Tage's sh% and contract are definitely linked

LGR4GM

19 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yeah, I never liked the on pace discussions personally.

99% of the time it never pans out that way so.…

we should review peoples predictions at the end of the season

Hot take…

I don’t think TNT will hit 40 goals.

I don’t think TNT will hit 40 assists.

this season 

Dahlin is pacing for 107 points. I say he does it. 

- - - 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/the-top-100-nhl-players-of-all-time-throwback-style

Lindros in as the 54th best player to ever lace up a pair of skates. Gilbert Perreault is at 47, if Lindros is the comp might as well bump that up a bit more and go for the all-time Sabres skater mark for Tage. 

Edit - wow Hasek is WAY too low on that list 

Edited by Thorny

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Don't play the pace game. 

Eichel paced for like, upwards of 130 points around this time of year, on more than one occasion. He's not sniffing 100 points 

Also, if I seriously need to construct an argument for why Tage Thompson isn't going to be this generations Eric freaking Lindros, I'm on the wrong board 

I’ll continue to play the pace game all the same for as long as he maintains the pace. And I can’t just throw away his consistency over the last 50 games, either. The key will be staying healthy. 

I wouldn’t have the temerity to compare TT to Lindros, so no need to construct that argument on my behalf, so no need to drag me into that debate. 

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

For the record, Tage has paced for 88 points over the last 50

He had 36 in 36 to end, an 82 point pace

He started this season with 3 points in 7 games

- so Tage, before his 7 game current streak, had 39 points in his last 43 games, a 74 point pace. 

- - - 

Tage has 15 points in his last 7 games, aided by a 6 point game. He's not Eric Lindros because he's put up Lindros numbers for a week. He's just proving to be a threat at being point-a-game. 

For someone who frowns upon the pace game, you play it very well indeed. 😂

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Dahlin is pacing for 107 points. I say he does it. 

- - - 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/the-top-100-nhl-players-of-all-time-throwback-style

Lindros in as the 54th best player to ever lace up a pair of skates. Gilbert Perreault is at 47, if Lindros is the comp might as well bump that up a bit more. 

That’s the spirit!

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

For someone who frowns upon the pace game, you play it very well indeed. 😂

Unsure of what you mean by this bit, I'm not playing that game, I'm humouring your "the last 50 games" thing by pointing out that mark still didn't satisfy the pace in question 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

Charity wager - Tage 93 points. You in?

No phucking way. Nothing in that pursuit is in my control and weird crap happens all the time. I’m just not gonna make any declarative statements that he won’t. But feel free to make a donation to charity if he does it just the same. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

No phucking way. Nothing in that pursuit is in my control and weird crap happens all the time. I’m just not gonna make any declarative statements that he won’t. But feel free to make a donation to charity if he does it just the same. 

A good argument against...all of sports betting? lol 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The only declarative statement I made is that he won't hit 100 this year. 

And on that, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Unsure of what you mean by this bit, I'm not playing that game, I'm humouring your "the last 50 games" thing by pointing out that mark still didn't satisfy the pace in question 

Well, since you took the trouble to cite what Dahlin is pacing for, I tipped my hat to your pace game as well. This “bit” is nothing more than good natured back and forth. Sorry you didn’t take it that way. 

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Yep. Learned my lesson years ago. Having kids can do that to a man. 

Edited by K-9

Just now, K-9 said:

Well, since you took the trouble to cite what Dahlin is pacing for, I tipped my hat to pace game as well. This “bit” is nothing more than good natured back and forth. Sorry you didn’t take it that way. 

Really need that "confused" emoji back so I can avoid a pointless post like this one I am making: I did take it that way? I realized it was good natured. That's why I bet you. In fun. 

Oh well. Moving on now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tage Thompson will score 42 goals this year with 35 assists, provided he stays healthy. 82 games played 

The Sabres will win 39 games and be less than 10 points out of the playoffs at seasons end 

A prediction thread might be a good idea. I'm curious about other posters opinions long term, season wise 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There is no shortage of sports books that will take that action. Let us know how you make out.

2 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Tage Thompson will score 42 goals this year with 35 assists, provided he stays healthy. 82 games played 

The Sabres will win 39 games and be less than 10 points out of the playoffs at seasons end 

A prediction thread might be a good idea. I'm curious about other posters opinions long term, season wise 

Could find some good stuff in here 

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I enjoy your posts on this site but YOU know this one is a troll. He's got 10, 14 games in, and he's not going to get to 30?

It's obviously possible he doesn't, but there's no way that's your gun-to-head prediction, you know hockey better than that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.