Update:Bear Traded to Vancouver

Brawndo

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

idk how we couldnt beat or tie a 5th rounder so a little disappointed. I wonder why Bear has been traded twice in just a a couple of years though. 

The Oilers are my second favorite team, I've watched a lot of their games, so I'm familiar with Bear. Truth is, he isn't very good...that's why he's been traded twice. Would he have been an upgrade on Fitz or Pilut? Sure, I suppose marginally, but not enough of an upgrade to make much of a difference, IMO.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

6 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

The Oilers are my second favorite team, I've watched a lot of their games, so I'm familiar with Bear. Truth is, he isn't very good...that's why he's been traded twice. Would he have been an upgrade on Fitz or Pilut? Sure, I suppose marginally, but not enough of an upgrade to make much of a difference, IMO.

Guess it's a shame Botterill isn't still the GM.  Canes might've traded in conference for a 3rd rounder.  ;)

And he loved trading for over paid 3rd liners, so an overpaid 3rd pairing guy would've been right up that alley.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

The Oilers are my second favorite team, so I've watched a lot of their games, so I'm familiar with Bear. Truth is, he isn't very good...that's why he's been traded twice. Would be have been an upgrade on Fitz or Pilut? Sure, I suppose, but not enough of an upgrade to make much of a difference, IMO.

Yes I agree.  I remember when he was a highly anticipated prospect for the Oilers but then getting to watch him play he was not great and why they eventually moved on.  Another change of scenery for him.

4 hours ago, Weave said:

At that salary?  Better said that Bryson is a poor man’s Bear.

Oh true, good point.

2 hours ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Agreed.  Pilut is better comparable than Bryson.  I feel like Fitz brings at least brings a physical component. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.