Dahlin - 1st Sabres D-Man since Leopold (2011-2012) with 10 goals in a season

WildCard

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.  Joki might be that vet.

He’s gotta sign someone.  
wonder how far below the cap they will be if they bring back the same 6 dmen and bring in Quinn and JJ to replace Eakin and Vinny on the roster 

Maybe Carey Price at $10mill will be required?? 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

He’s gotta sign someone.  
wonder how far below the cap they will be if they bring back the same 6 dmen and bring in Quinn and JJ to replace Eakin and Vinny on the roster 

Maybe Carey Price at $10mill will be required?? 

I’ve mentioned Price before. Many feel his contract is too long and too much. He wouldn’t be under the Montreal pressure and he could still be the go to while transitioning to backup and mentor to Levi.

I doubt there is a deal to be made there but I don’t dislike the idea.

The Sabres have cap space for Price and Bobrovsky in net. This is not feasible going forward, just saying.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

I've said it other threads but I think the next thing Dahlin needs to work on is his shot/release. It always comes off his stick like a muffin. If he can learn to shoot faster with more accuracy the sky will be the limit.

Let him get a crash course from VO… Spend a week or two together in the off season teaching each other skills… and invite Tuch…

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Can't talk about Leopold without posting this goal.  As I recall, this goal was meaningful in that it kept the Sabres in the playoff race a little longer before they eventually dropped out.  Perhaps the last time the Sabres were relevant with respect to the playoffs.

I clearly remember that game. I enjoyed the game within the game between Foligno and Komisarek. The two are clearly going at it. Komisarek looked like a fool after the faceoff when he tried to take Foligno's body and whiffed. He was so "embarrassed" that instead of worrying about the play, he focused on working Foligno over. Sure, maybe it was a good hockey play to take a body and keep his man tied up, but what he did is beyond that. Foligno got into his head and you can see Komisarek's mind was elsewhere. I loved that turn of events.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Believer said:

Let him get a crash course from VO… Spend a week or two together in the off season teaching each other skills… and invite Tuch…

Lol. A week or two? 

Become a world class expert in TWO WEEKS!!! Money back guaranteed!

On 4/12/2022 at 8:21 PM, matter2003 said:

That's pretty crazy...10 isn't that many

It’s been hit by a defenceman 37 times in Buffalo Sabres history, 8 times by Phil Housley.

Good trivia question: name the Sabres blueliners other than Housley, Dahlin and Leopold to reach 10 goals.

I think there have been 15 of them.

54 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It’s been hit by a defenceman 37 times in Buffalo Sabres history, 8 times by Phil Housley.

Good trivia question: name the Sabres blueliners other than Housley, Dahlin and Leopold to reach 10 goals.

I think there have been 15 of them.

Bodger and Van Boxmeer have to top the list.  Guevremont, Korab, Zhitnik, Galley, Myers, and Soupy for sure.  Hannu Virta I believe as well.  I'm not sure if Schoeny, or Mike Ramsey, but they had to have gotten close.  Does Lindy Ruff count?  What about Krupp and Smehlik?

Not Ramsey or Schoeny, yes to Lindy, Krupp and Smehlik.

And yes to the rest.

Van Boxmeer’s 18 is the best by a player not named Housley or Ruff. I certainly wouldn’t count Ruff because many of those goals were scored as a forward, but he is the only one on the list other than Housley to hit 20.

Little surprised Bodger only did it twice (11 and 12).

Looks like 2 more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.