RJ Video Links

GASabresIUFAN

Thanks for posting the videos guys.  I enjoyed watching them all.  Lots of memories stirred up.

It's great to see the tributes to RJ.

I have to add a comment that I find it so fascinating to see how people age over the years when you haven't seen them in so long.  Some guys I still pictured in my mind from their playing days.  Nothing more than an observation, just interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Mods.  Would you be so kind to pin this thread for a week or so to give everyone here quick access to the RJ videos.

Fellow member, please feel free to add your favorite RJ videos.

Seconded.  Please pin this.

• Like (+1) 2

• SDS pinned this topic
8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Finally got to watch the entire thing.

Wow.

Brian Duff is great. Razor was great. Terry yielding to the crowd (even to the urging of RJ) was pretty amazing.

They killed it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Remaining RJ calls:

Sunday, April 3 vs. Florida Panthers

Thursday, April 14 vs. St. Louis Blues

Saturday, April 16 vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Saturday, April 23 vs. New York Islanders

Friday, April 29 vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Soak it up while we can. 

RJ = 🏒🎙🐐

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

RJ Fight calls

I'm a little disappointed this fight call video lacked any from Playfair, Korab, Schoenfeld and Mike Ramsey other earlier players.  I'm sure some are out there.  

Also I wonder if the post Neil hit to Drury's head fight was one of the last major brawls?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

As much as I don't want Cody Eakin on next year's team and as bad as his play has been here, I clearly under-estimated his value to the kids *this* year.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

As much as I don't want Cody Eakin on next year's team and as bad as his play has been here, I clearly under-estimated his value to the kids *this* year.

There is a huge disconnect from a statistical and eye test to a locker room/coaches perspective that Eakin brings. There is a small glimpse into that with Eakin and  RJ after the game. 

You just can't kick that type of player to the curb when you are trying to get a locker room with the right *character*, especially with the past 10 years of the Sabres locker room. 

As HGDG has often spoke of, what they do today is for the betterment of tomorrow. Eakin sets an example of a really good teammate. How many goals he scores may not be his value to the team.

• Like (+1) 1

And I really think Eakin is teaching the kids how to take faceoffs.  FO% from the Nashville game:

• Eakin:  56%
  • Cozens:  67%
  • Mitts:  50%
  • Thommer:  75%
  • Okie, Skinner, Asplund:  0%... but hey, they're wingers.
  • Overall:  53%

Now tell me again how we're a bad FO team.

Anyway, came here to post this:

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.