Off-season: RHD who may be available in trade

GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Truth be told if it were me, I'd keep Byson over Fitzgerald even though I like both players.

However (to bring it back on topic), if the rest of the league sees Bryson as a more valuable asset than Fitzgerald, that may mean less going out the door in a trade for a RHD mentor to Power (and Samuelsson).

The problem in my case is that except for Butcher and Miller, I would like to keep all our Dmen.  I think they all bring something to the table.  But if we're bringing in a RHD vet, someone's gotta go.

No one ever said being a GM was easy.  I like the guys also and think the group has improved as the season went along.  You wonder how many more wins we’d have Anderson and Samuelsson were healthy all season.  I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we carry 8 D next season to weather injuries and use a rotation to take advantage of matchups or create a more physical lineup.  Pysyk hopefully will be re-signed as depth

But I agree, we have to give to get.  With 3 2nds next season and 3 1sts this year we have ammo to make deals without necessarily losing a roster player.  If they feel JJP is ready, I can also see VO as a trade piece to help bring in a Dumba or a Ryan Ellis.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

He's not back all the way yet, but Ollie is starting to show the kind of game he had before his injury, when he was arguable our best forward.  (Other forwards are better than him this time, but he's increasingly starting to play that well-rounded game.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

1) Montreal

Savard: Age 31, 3 years left at 3.5 - Hasn’t looked good with Tampa or Montreal since his trade. Strikes me as Josh Gorges 2.0

Petry: Age 34, 3 yrs @ 6.25 M-NTC & NMC - depends on price and if he’s interested in playing here. May have been moping around in Montreal this year.

2) TB

Cernak: Age 24, 1 yr @ 2.95 then an RFA (no I don't actually think he's available, but one can dream) - would love him but doesn’t exactly fill the vet RHD role either(doubt he’s available)

3) Edm

Ceci: Age 28, 3yrs @ 3.25 - In Zone D has been very good this year. - train wreck most of his career so no way.

4) Wpg

DeMelo: Age 28, 2 yrs @ 3.0 - sure If he’s a good guy

5) Van

Myers: Age 32, 2 yrs @ 6.0, NTC - doesn’t fit the defensive mentor role well but is certainly a good guy

6) Washington

Orlov: Age 30, 1 year @ 5.1, M-NTC

Jensen: Age 31, 1 yr @ 2.5

Either works well.

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

7) Philly

Ellis: Age 31, 5 years @ 6.25 - perhaps; it would be rather risky depending on the ask and if he returns to form

8.) Florida

Gudas: Age 31, 1 year @ 2.5 - depends on his off ice personality and behavior 

9) Colorado

Johnson: Age 34, 1 yr @ 6.0, NMC & M-NTC - sure but I doubt he’d come here

10) Calg

Tanev: Age 32, 2 yrs  @ 4.5, M-NTC - sure but doubt he’s on the market

11) Minn

Dumba: Age 27: 1 yr @ 6.0, M-NTC - great player but I’m unsure of his defensive and veteran influence. He may honestly just be to invested in the Black Players organization (Time Management wise) or demand to much money to be worth it overall. 

12) NYI

Mayfield: Age 29, 1 year @ 1.45 - ideal fit for next year but lacks contractual security and Lou is never easy to trade with

13) Seattle

Larsson: Age 29, 3 years @ 4.0, NTC

He chose Seattle over Edmonton so I can’t imagine he’d waive for Buffalo

Edited by thewookie1

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I don't know who has access to fancystats, but for the charts that have the red and blue bars showing how good someone is, and the chart that shows how a given player makes other players better or worse, I wonder if what it would look like to plot all the Sabres' Dmen... who is the best?  Who makes other Dmen better to the greatest extent?

Dahell for?

644E7723-489F-4CEE-B859-4583CFD7BF70.jpeg

BCE3A6F4-9A1D-4135-AB55-7DC4AB906FE5.jpeg

A932C0B3-FF3C-49B4-9F4B-0EA0FA886F3F.jpeg

BB234A44-65FC-4EF1-8B51-7D6BDE39C89E.jpeg

This topic came up on the Maintenance Day Podcast, Lance Lysowski brought up three possibilities. 

1. Connor Murphy Chicago 4 years 4.4 Million AAV 

2. The Forementioned Matt Dumba 

3. Shea Theodore 3 year 5.2 Million. Would probably take giving VGK Their 1st back as a start. They mentioned He is very good friends with Tuch 

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

This topic came up on the Maintenance Day Podcast, Lance Lysowski brought up three possibilities. 

1. Connor Murphy Chicago 4 years 4.4 Million AAV 

2. The Forementioned Matt Dumba 

3. Shea Theodore 3 year 5.2 Million. Would probably take giving VGK Their 1st back as a start. They mentioned He is very good friends with Tuch 

Vegas is in cap purgatory. May take a lot less than a first but we will need to take on some bad contracts with it.

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

So, Mule and Bryson with the good fancystats, Miller not getting the resepct he deserves, and Joker needs to be thrown off a cliff?  Is that what I am seeing?

Miller’s Injury tanked His Trade Value. 

Dahlin’s Numbers are much better since the All Star Break, His first half doldrums make His Look Worse.

Joker should be third pairing 

• Like (+1) 1

Makes you wonder about our new and improved analytics department.  

As to Theodore, I would love to have him.  However, I didn’t include him on my list because I thought there was no way LV would trade him. Great if I’m wrong.

Murphy is also interesting.  I haven’t done a deep dive into him, but I generally don’t want anyone from the Chi organization including Kane.

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He plays the Right Side as well. 

Theodore’s Age doesn’t really match up 

He can but we'll need rhd due to shot angles and the like.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Brings up the question again of what to do with all of these LHD we have.

Idk

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He can but we'll need rhd due to shot angles and the like.

Idk

I'd rather not trade any of them but so far Sameulson is the odd man out and he seems better than a 3rd pairing. Either one of them flip to the right or we move Samuelson

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

I'd rather not trade any of them but so far Sameulson is the odd man out and he seems better than a 3rd pairing. Either one of them flip to the right or we move Samuelson

I really, really would resist moving Samuelsson unless I am getting someone comparable back.

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I really, really would resist moving Samuelsson unless I am getting someone comparable back.

I'm not a fan of it either but otherwise one of Dahlin/Power/Mattias flip to the right 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes but there's 3 spots

Really we can carry 4 lhd

Right, sure we can. But my point is Samuelson seems wasted on the 3rd pairing, so what do we do with him? Do we just use him there or try and leverage what could be a 1-2 line pairing d-man to fill another area of need 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.