Bjork-Eakin-Hayden 2nd Worst Line in NHL (now 437 out of 438)

JoeSchmoe

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

There's no reason to keep any of the 3 and they shouldn't get any more ice time. 

I said they should have never suited up for the Sabres this season at all.  I would have waived Eakin and hoped someone grabbed in.  I would have stapled Bjork as the 14th forward.  I would have never signed Hayden and once Murray out played him in camp. I would have waived Hayden and let him hit people in the AHL.  I also would have re-signed Caggiula.  They are all garbage.  

RIght now, DG and KA should send all 3 guys to the bench or expose them to waivers.  They should recall Murray and give MacInnis a look. 

• JoeSchmoe changed the title to Bjork-Eakin-Hayden Worst Line in NHL (now 344 out of 344)

Now 351 out of 351.

They're still the ones...
That make me mad
Still the ones...
That are always bad
And they still suck tons

And they're still the ones

They're still the ones...
That cannot win
Still the ones...
Bjork-Hayden-Eakin
And they still suck tons

And they're still the ones!

• Like (+1) 1

• JoeSchmoe changed the title to Bjork-Eakin-Hayden Worst Line in NHL (now 351 out of 351)

Still going to defend Hayden, he's the poster boy for 4th liners. He has the best fancy stats on that line (can't figure out to to pull them onto this site) by a lot.  He's big, fast for his size, can get a maintain puck possession, and make good simple passes to an open teammate. He has hands of stone.

We have complementary pieces already on the team that would improve that line. Can't wait to see what happens when Girgensons is healthy.

Eakin being played over Jankowski is criminal at this point. He turns pucks over, skates into coverage, make just shockingly bad decisions, isn't terribly fast, and winning 5 extra faceoffs a year doesn't make him worth watching your team get stuck in your own end every shift he plays. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Eakin being played over Jankowski is criminal at this point. He turns pucks over, skates into coverage, make just shockingly bad decisions, isn't terribly fast, and winning 5 extra faceoffs a year doesn't make him worth watching your team get stuck in your own end every shift he plays. 

Mittelstadt is back, he can use him for critical face off's.

I don’t think he’s “good” and we need to upgrade him, but I like John Hayden.

I like his hustle, his diligence, how hard he is on pucks, and how he always has the backs of his teammates.

Too bad his offensive abilities are below NHL level.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Bjork is the worst of the 3.  Every now and then Eakin does something positive.  Hayden had no hands or skillls but his physical game is something.  Bjork - nothing. 

Bjork can skate, but the problem is he skates to all the wrong places. He reminds me of a Bailey or Baptiste... The skills are NHL level, but the IQ is not (not even close).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Bjork can skate, but the problem is he skates to all the wrong places. He reminds me of a Bailey or Baptiste... The skills are NHL level, but the IQ is not (not even close).

Bjork is the type of player who if in a skills contest for prospects, you would be impressed. However, (so far) he has demonstrated no ability to transfer those skills in a game. As you point out he simply does not have the hockey IQ to react in a sport that requires instant reacting. He's like a qb who can throw well in practice but can't read defenses and make the required adjustments in a game. In practice you salivate at the raw talents but in games your acid reflux entering your mouth makes you want to spit it out. 

Is he salvageable as a NHL player? Inclined not to think so but haven't completely given up on him as a player. 

28 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

And it’s not just the IQ - he can’t pass and he doesn’t shoot. 

59 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

He stinks. He is a floater. Boston traded him because he doesn’t engage in the game. 

How can anyone defend any of the 3?  They are all c-r-a-p.  None should be in the NHL.  As soon as they are able we should be playing Vinnie, Z and Jankowski as the energy line and send the turd line packing.  Hayden has one goal for the season.  Eakin goal against Dallas was his first in like 30 games.  Bjork has gone goal less since December.  Why these guys play at all is beyond me.  They also only thing we are displaying by playing them is how bad they are.  

• Like (+1) 1

• spndnchz locked and unlocked this topic

With Bjork benched, they haven't played together since the last update.... but stench remains, and has gotten worse.

They are now 368 out of 368. The gap in expected goals per 60 between them and 367 is 3%! The gap between 367 and 358 is just 2.8%. 

They must be bordering on being one of the all-time bad lines. Hopefully Bjork is now gone for the year, and the other two aren't far behind.

• JoeSchmoe changed the title to Bjork-Eakin-Hayden Worst Line in NHL (now 368 out of 368)

Eakin line was constantly hemmed in their own zone. At one point it took Dahlin saying f it, and willing the puck up ice to get a change because Eakin was inept at winning a single battle. It's amazing how many plays die on his stick,  even simple ones. Hinostroza was so fortunate to get away from him and poor Hayden, just dragging an anchor around all night. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.