Practice Notes 2/16

Brawndo

I love the guy and the way he plays the game but Muel is starting to show some worts.

I like how Meatballs keeps putting him out there in all situations though, this is the year for that imo.

Hopefully he is learning and will correct some of that going forward.

I think he will, it's all part of the process. 

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Why does Donny hate Casey?

Availability. Casey needs a break is all.

Poor dude is missing out in all the fun with the new guys.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I love the guy and the way he plays the game but Muel is starting to show some worts.

I like how Meatballs keeps putting him out there in all situations though, this is the year for that imo.

Hopefully he is learning and will correct some of that going forward.

I think he will, it's all part of the process. 

Some were criticizing the pairing but if they can clean up things a bit, that's a formidable pair.  Muel is a physical force and Fitz seems to be an annoying player to be up against, plus Fitz like to push it up the ice and join the rush.  I think they complement each other.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Some were criticizing the pairing but if they can clean up things a bit, that's a formidable pair.  Muel is a physical force and Fitz seems to be an annoying player to be up against, plus Fitz like to push it up the ice and join the rush.  I think they complement each other.

I like them together and they have had success in Rochester.

Might just be a case of more talented players to deal with and figuring all that out.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Doubt Mittelstadt playing on the 4th line lasts more than a game or 2, but makes sense considering in ~50% of the games he's been in he's left 1/2 way through the game.  Let him get 12 minutes 5v5 plus 2nd PP duty & if the healing injury feels good through & after that consider giving him a bigger role vs the Avs.

Expecting that when Casey is ready to move up he centers Cozens' line, Dylan centers Eakin's line and Eakin centers the 4th line w/ Jankowski taking Bjork's spot (we can hope, right?) but would rather have Jankowski as that 4th line C.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Wow, that's a lot.  Are you expecting somebody new coming to the team at the deadline?  I was thinking all departures and no arrivals.

I’m expecting Power, and quite possibly Johnson and Levi.

I also think it’s entirely possible Biro and Laaksonen get looks after some UFAs get dumped at the deadline.

And, to your question, I am hoping that Adams will take advantage of our cap space to help the cap-strapped, which could mean a few more bodies.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.