Rochester @ Utica Saturday 11/20 - 7:05 AHLTV

PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Krebs got a breakaway & had it roll off his stick just as he was about to shoot.

Utica goes down the ice at the next faceoff and UPL's night is through.  4-0.  UPL back to having trouble w/ high shots.

Going to go back to watching college hockey.

For all of his good qualities, I don’t think Krebs is a particularly good shooter/finisher.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Portillo can sign after the Frozen 4 but that might be too late if upl continues this.

You can only justify playing a goalie this bad for so long. Even in the AHL. UPL doesn’t control this team or organization. It’s bigger than just him, and lots of others careers are at stake too. I stand by my thought that he needs to be in the ECHL, even if it’s unlikely to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

You can only justify playing a goalie this bad for so long. Even in the AHL. UPL doesn’t control this team or organization. It’s bigger than just him, and lots of others careers are at stake too. I stand by my thought that he needs to be in the ECHL, even if it’s unlikely to happen. 

Sure but my point is there's no replacement for him. 

UPL has to play better. Simple.

Beyond that, I sure hope Davidson and Schuldt are big adds when they get back.

Because Matty the Mule is the only good defenceman on this team. Fitzgerald is fine.

Prow and Teves are not strong in their zone. Tischke and Elliot are plugs.

Laaksonen is good on the PP but a liability 5-on-5.

Forwards are a pretty deep group, but I'm not liking the blueline.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Sure there is. Dell will be back in a couple weeks. Houser is more than capable. 

If they want to be developing the skaters, they need Anderson back in Buffalo soon so Dell can go back to doing what he does well - stopping AHL shooters.

If they're relying on UPL or Houser, expecting they're in trouble.

10 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Utica is in beast mode right now. UPL can’t stop a beach ball. Luckily we have Portillo and Levi in the system. Both playing well. But the hope to bring up UPL next year is not looking good. The Amerks should be better than 8-6. 

The problem with the Amerk is they’re all flash and no substance. They’ve scored a lot of pretty goals from Peterka and Quinn, and those guys have generated a lot of talk. But for the other 59 minutes of the game, most people haven’t paid attention. They can’t play a lick of defense, they turn the puck over at alarming rates, and they have the worst goalie in the league. They’re 8-6 based on raw talent alone. They should be way better.  

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

The problem with the Amerk is they’re all flash and no substance. They’ve scored a lot of pretty goals from Peterka and Quinn, and those guys have generated a lot of talk. But for the other 59 minutes of the game, most people haven’t paid attention. They can’t play a lick of defense, they turn the puck over at alarming rates, and they have the worst goalie in the league. They’re 8-6 based on raw talent alone. They should be way better.  

Okay that's good to hear that it's not just bad goaltending from UPL.  Sounds like they need to come together as a team.  From my perspective Peterka, Quinn, and Samuelsson were sent down to improve their overall game to be ready for the NHL.  We see the scoring for Peterka and Quinn (at least on the highlights) but hopefully they will improve their overall games.  What are the thoughts on the coaching staff?  There seems to be lots of talent to work with.

The team doesn’t look well-coached.

Peterka is guilty of blowing the zone too early, Krebs and Quinn can be physically outmatched, but none of them are “bad” defensively. The latter 2 are actually pretty conscientious.

Samuelsson is the best defensive player on the team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Peterka is guilty of blowing the zone too early, Krebs and Quinn can be physically outmatched, but none of them are “bad” defensively. The latter 2 are actually pretty conscientious.

Yeah, not sold on Apert yet.

Still would like to know the real reason for punting Taylor.  He was good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, not sold on Apert yet.

Still would like to know the real reason for punting Taylor.  He was good.

I think Darth Pegulas the Boss told us the reason: Effective, Efficient, and Economical. No need to pay for AHL coaching when the league was shut down for the near-term. 

And Taylor was likely a perceived threat to HC RaKru based on filling in for Granato to start the previous season.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I have a feeling that Matt Ellis ends up as the HC in Rochester. 

He would be the Matt Ellis of AHL Head Coaches 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.