Get to know Rikard Gronborg - like it or not

MODO Hockey

33 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

No hockey emperor. No monopoly on hockey IQ. Almost direct quotes from Terry. He told us he wants/needs to be "in on the action."

And you immediately post a vile, repugnant Swedish stereotype of Swedish chefs. How's 2021 working out for you now?

Every little breeze seems to whisper Louise. Uh, oh, did I trigger Louise? Is she being stalked?

Ooooh internet bully tough guy here. Sooooo not worth my time dealing with your ignorance If that’s honestly what you took from that post. I know you’ll reply to this. Fish on!

First of all, several have objected to my statement about having more local players at the expense of foreign players and a coach with an NHL track record and not Gronberg. I don't like the unfamiliarity of that coach to this level of competition. We've already had that. I think there's a bunch of people over-reacting and nitpicking and I don't care what other people think.  You can think what you want to think. I'm not going to prevent you. Even if you're wrong. But these brave people with their digital pitchforks want to squelch or stamp out ideas about more local players. Even a Patrick Kane. 

The formula to assemble a championship team, has eluded the Sabres for 50+ years. The way things are going, a Stanley Cup may never come here and the Sabres may never emerge out of the basement. The owners, who "know better" than the fans, will make sure of that. But who among us really knows what it takes? I don't think anyone knows. Not even people with tens of thousands of posts, and not even people in different time zones.

All these ideas about acquiring this or that player or coach is interesting speculation but it's strictly a hobby and a way to blow off steam. It's fantasyland and people should remember this. Nobody here knows the real answers. Maybe more Swedes, Finns and Russians (whoops, Buffalo doesn't sign Russians anymore) might be a good idea but...but the formula and balance of the team is more important. Who among you would've picked a Scott Mayfield?

A town like Buffalo in particular with the ten years the Sabres have had, needs players with heart, passion and a real committment to turning this around. because it's not the glamorous or rich place that a New York or Chicago or LA might be. This makes it really hard and character has to be at a premium. It takes a special kind of player committed to scratching and clawing their way out of the basement. And I've seen a lot of the Sabres players succomb to the never-ending losing.

Because of the longterm lack of success, Buffalo feels it has play catch so it has to overpay players. What the management doesn't seem to realize is that overpayment money has ruined several players and it throws a balanced roster out of whack. Look at the Avalanche. McKinnon has taken the hometown discount to sustain the winning combination of the team. Do you think Eichel would? .

I don't see passion that it takes with this team, although jettisoning Krueger has helped. Since most players in the NHL don't want to be in Buffalo, not only because it's Buffalo but because the management team is a laughingstock and the team is historically bad, assembling the right combination of players and coaches is extremely difficult. It will require a surgeon, not the butchers Buffalo has had, to assemble the right pieces.

Edited by Kong

1 hour ago, Kong said:

First of all, several have objected to my statement about having more local players at the expense of foreign players and a coach with an NHL track record and not Gronberg. I don't like the unfamiliarity of that coach to this level of competition. We've already had that. I think there's a bunch of people over-reacting and nitpicking and I don't care what other people think.  You can think what you want to think. I'm not going to prevent you. Even if you're wrong. But these brave people with their digital pitchforks want to squelch or stamp out ideas about more local players. Even a Patrick Kane. 

The formula to assemble a championship team, has eluded the Sabres for 50+ years. The way things are going, a Stanley Cup may never come here and the Sabres may never emerge out of the basement. The owners, who "know better" than the fans, will make sure of that. But who among us really knows what it takes? I don't think anyone knows. Not even people with tens of thousands of posts, and not even people in different time zones.

All these ideas about acquiring this or that player or coach is interesting speculation but it's strictly a hobby and a way to blow off steam. It's fantasyland and people should remember this. Nobody here knows the real answers. Maybe more Swedes, Finns and Russians (whoops, Buffalo doesn't sign Russians anymore) might be a good idea but...but the formula and balance of the team is more important. Who among you would've picked a Scott Mayfield?

A town like Buffalo in particular with the ten years the Sabres have had, needs players with heart, passion and a real committment to turning this around. because it's not the glamorous or rich place that a New York or Chicago or LA might be. This makes it really hard and character has to be at a premium. It takes a special kind of player committed to scratching and clawing their way out of the basement. And I've seen a lot of the Sabres players succomb to the never-ending losing.

Because of the longterm lack of success, Buffalo feels it has play catch so it has to overpay players. What the management doesn't seem to realize is that overpayment money has ruined several players and it throws a balanced roster out of whack. Look at the Avalanche. McKinnon has taken the hometown discount to sustain the winning combination of the team. Do you think Eichel would? .

I don't see passion that it takes with this team, although jettisoning Krueger has helped. Since most players in the NHL don't want to be in Buffalo, not only because it's Buffalo but because the management team is a laughingstock and the team is historically bad, assembling the right combination of players and coaches is extremely difficult. It will require a surgeon, not the butchers Buffalo has had, to assemble the right pieces.

What does any of this have to do with whether there are any conservatives on this board?  I encourage you to leave that stuff out next time.

7 hours ago, Kong said:

It seams to me you keep discarding the errors you make that others have to correct, and then you tend to copy others opinions to your own kind of twisted reality. 

First you make it very obvious you dont want more foreign players or a coach, and then a bit later you say maybe that would be the answer and might be a good idea.. doesnt make any sense.

I wrote the longest reply ever just to delete it afterwards, because i realised that you will not understand, ur experiance is not enough.
You dont really understand the way Hockey works today and you obviously have almost zero knowledge of NHL it seams. 

I do want to point out though, 

Everyone is allowed to their own opinion to be honest, but you also need to be corrected, more than once. 

Edited by MODO Hockey

3 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

It seams to me you keep discarding the errors you make that others have to correct, and then you tend to copy others opinions to your own kind of twisted reality. 

First you make it very obvious you dont want more foreign players or a coach, and then a bit later you say maybe that would be the answer and might be a good idea.. doesnt make any sense.

I wrote the longest reply ever just to delete it afterwards, because i realised that you will not understand, ur experiance is not enough.
You dont really understand the way Hockey works today and you obviously have almost zero knowledge of NHL it seams. 

I do want to point out though, 

Everyone is allowed to their own opinion to be honest, but you also need to be corrected, more than once. 

Blah blah blah. Whatever. Same to you.

Edited by Kong
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I wonder how many people on this board are aware that the single biggest sporting institution in the nation directly to our south is Chivas and that they achieved that status through a policy of refusing to sign any non Mexican player? This isn't an argument for something like this but merely an observation that something that makes people in North America recoil in horror is actually quite common in much of the world (Bilbao is Spain is another example, Rangers pre Judas is another).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.