Shopping Jack Eichel: Winnipeg

dudacek

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

I think most of his consternation stemmed from your mention of not wanting Laine, who is not even on the Jets anymore.  That’s why he countered with Gil Perrault, who obviously isn’t on the Sabres anymore.

Ah, gotcha.

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

Yes.  Seriously.  If I'm a GM trading Jack Eichel to the frozen tundra, I am getting Connor Hellebuyck in the deal, or I'm not making the trade; there are 30 other teams I can trade with.

Good luck with your goaltending.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:24 AM, Thorny said:

Even what's spoken about the weather here is largely a myth at this point. Winters are way more mild nowadays aside from a big cold stretch or two every winter, -8 celsius is your average December day time high. Hardly frigid. And our summers and falls are among the best one will find - I think we used to have the record for the biggest discrepancy between our winters and summer temperatures, but I can't see that being the case anymore with how much more mild the winters are of late. Not sure about the greater Buffalo area but if city life matters to Jack, Winnipeg is actually about 3 times the population of Buffalo. 

So, the tried and true, 11 months of winter and 1 month of mosquitos is not tried and true anymore?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

If they traded Jack Eichel and the centerpiece coming the other way was a goalie I’d be livid. Luckily there’s no way this team (or Winnipeg) values a goalie highly enough for that to be a factor in a deal.

How livid were you with Andreychuk for Fuhr?  Or not born yet?  It's the same level of trade; the tundra would have to throw something Buffalo's way, but it's the same level.

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

Good luck with your goaltending.

Good luck with your everything else.  All you have is frozen land and goaltending.

EDIT follows:

@Ducky giggled.  (Second EDIT:  he removed his giggle emoji after I posted the following.)  He lives in a place where they steal meat, FFS.  That lost its team to freaking Arizona.  Ok.  Keep giggling.

There is likely one place where a player would refuse a trade to besides Buffalo, and that's Winnipeg.  There is nothing there.  I'm not even sure there is a train station there.  I have this idea that CN just passes by.  It's a freaking trading post that decided it needed a hockey team.  And lost it!  

It's the Ohio of Canada.  A place that you have to go through if you're going from one place to another.  No one wants to be in Manitoba, just like no one wants to be in Ohio.

Keep trolling your Jets here.  No one wants to play there.  Cf. the Blue Jackets.  Oh, Oh, Oh, OHIO AGAIN.

@ThornySorry, love you bud, but I'm just sick of your fellow 'pegger (had to do that, too) who has been trolling here since the Kane trade.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

How livid were you with Andreychuk for Fuhr?  Or not born yet?  It's the same level of trade; the tundra would have to throw something Buffalo's way, but it's the same level.

Good luck with your everything else.  All you have is frozen land and goaltending.

EDIT follows:

@Ducky giggled.  (Second EDIT:  he removed his giggle emoji after I posted the following.)  He lives in a place where they steal meat, FFS.  That lost its team to freaking Arizona.  Ok.  Keep giggling.

There is likely one place where a player would refuse a trade to besides Buffalo, and that's Winnipeg.  There is nothing there.  I'm not even sure there is a train station there.  I have this idea that CN just passes by.  It's a freaking trading post that decided it needed a hockey team.  And lost it!  

It's the Ohio of Canada.  A place that you have to go through if you're going from one place to another.  No one wants to be in Manitoba, just like no one wants to be in Ohio.

Keep trolling your Jets here.  No one wants to play there.  Cf. the Blue Jackets.  Oh, Oh, Oh, OHIO AGAIN.

@ThornySorry, love you bud, but I'm just sick of your fellow 'pegger (had to do that, too) who has been trolling here since the Kane trade.

I hear you, but you shouldn't waste too much time being sick over "Ducky" - most aren't aware that "Ducky" is not a single individual: rather, "Ducky" is an open Sabrespace account created on the lone computer at the Winnipeg Library, where any and all Jets fans are encouraged to post (Password: BEST TRADE EVER!1!). The fact all the posts on this site under the name of "Ducky" seem to have a consistency akin to an individual doing the posting is just a testament to the deeply embedded hive mind mentality of all fans of the Winnipeg Jets hockey team. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

EDIT follows:

Drinking early (or late)? Not that I disagree, but geez. I happen to really like Ohio, btw. I lived in Cincinnati for 4 years, loved it. Now, I live in a suburb of DC and my quality of life is about 10 notches lower. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

I hear you, but you shouldn't waste too much time being sick over "Ducky" - most aren't aware that "Ducky" is not a single individual: rather, "Ducky" is an open Sabrespace account created on the lone computer at the Winnipeg Library, where any and all Jets fans are encouraged to post (Password: BEST TRADE EVER!1!). The fact all the posts on this site under the name of "Ducky" seem to have a consistency akin to an individual doing the posting is just a testament to the deeply embedded hive mind mentality of all fans of the Winnipeg Jets hockey team. 

This is truly a great post.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Best post ever.

4 hours ago, kas23 said:

Drinking early (or late)? Not that I disagree, but geez. I happen to really like Ohio, btw. I lived in Cincinnati for 4 years, loved it. Now, I live in a suburb of DC and my quality of life is about 10 notches lower. 

I lived in DC.  Not the suburbs.  I agree that the suburbs of DC are Ohio.  It all sux.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Eleven said:

EDIT follows:

I've never used an emoji on purpose in my life. Don't know what a giggling emoji is. I hit those thumbs up things if that is an emoji? If I ever hit anything else, it was by mistake. The stealing meat comment baffles me as I have no idea what you are talking about. You on the pipe?

As far as wanting to play here, Eichel, Rhino and Risto don't want to play in Buffalo and I don't think Ullmark does either and they are already there! People in glass houses...

I remember the '66 cup so I am old enough to remember Fuhr getting traded. Didn't bother me whatsoever, why would it?

One thing you forgot about what we have in Winnipeg is we have a hockey team that makes the playoffs consistently. I can't help it your owners are a bunch of tools and don't know how to build a team and we built one quicker than it took you to make the playoffs. Think about that for a second. We got a team with Chiarot and Postma as the only prospects and built a team quicker than the Sabres could make the playoffs... I don't blame you if you are butt hurt that your team can't make the playoffs and Winnipeg (I don't live in Winnipeg) does consistently but not my fault. Look a little closer to home...

If you're sick of me "trolling", ignore me. I'm sick of getting private messages saying how embarassing you are to other Sabres' fans and to just ignore your comments.

Have a good summer...

Edited by Ducky

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

I've never used an emoji on purpose in my life. Don't know what a giggling emoji is. I hit those thumbs up things if that is an emoji? If I ever hit anything else, it was by mistake. The stealing meat comment baffles me as I have no idea what you are talking about. You on the pipe?

As far as wanting to play here, Eichel, Rhino and Risto don't want to play in Buffalo and I don't think Ullmark does either and they are already there! People in glass houses...

I remember the '66 cup so I am old enough to remember Fuhr getting traded. Didn't bother me whatsoever, why would it?

One thing you forgot about what we have in Winnipeg is we have a hockey team that makes the playoffs consistently. I can't help it your owners are a bunch of tools and don't know how to build a team and we built one quicker than it took you to make the playoffs. Think about that for a second. We got a team with Chiarot and Postma as the only prospects and built a team quicker than the Sabres could make the playoffs... I don't blame you if you are butt hurt that your team can't make the playoffs and Winnipeg (I don't live in Winnipeg) does consistently but not my fault. Look a little closer to home...

If you're sick of me "trolling", ignore me. I'm sick of getting private messages saying how embarassing you are to other Sabres' fans and to just ignore your comments.

Have a good summer...

I mean the base you inherited was a little more than Postma and Chariot. Your leading scorer the last full NHL season was an Atlanta Thrasher. Aside from his work at the deadline in giving up high picks to attempt to address the otherwise unaddressed 2C position, Cheveldayoff has done a pretty good job. 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

I mean the base you inherited was a little more than Postma and Chariot. Your leading scorer the last full NHL season was an Atlanta Thrasher. Aside from his work at the deadline in giving up high picks to attempt to address the otherwise unaddressed 2C position, Cheveldayoff has done a pretty good job. 

I said nothing about the base...only mentioned the cupboard.

Wheeler played all of 26 games for ATL and turned into a points machine later while here.

Buff Wheeler Enstrom Little Ladd are/was all good players for us. The prospect pool was empty which Chevy re-stocked. Off the top of my head Chiarot and Postma (not very good) were the only prospects to play for the Jets.

Edited by Ducky

Hopefully the Jets pull it off tonight so @dudacek can post the grand daddy of them all: Edmonton.

Straight up, fix it all:  Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, & this year's 1st for McDavid, Draisatl, Nurse, & this year's 1st.  Neither team can win anything meaningful w/ their cores (don't need the qualifier "meaningful" for the Sabres), might as well see what they can do with the other guy's core.

Call it "the Hockey Gods Must be Crazy" trade.  It won't get a regular distribution, but all the Art Flick Houses will love it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Hopefully the Jets pull it off tonight so @dudacek can post the grand daddy of them all: Edmonton.

Straight up, fix it all:  Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, & this year's 1st for McDavid, Draisatl, Nurse, & this year's 1st.  Neither team can win anything meaningful w/ their cores (don't need the qualifier "meaningful" for the Sabres), might as well see what they can do with the other guy's core.

Call it "the Hockey Gods Must be Crazy" trade.  It won't get a regular distribution, but all the Art Flick Houses will love it.

Could you imagine making this trade and then our old core winning a cup the next season? The franchise might be forced to fold. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Does a hockey stick and puck take the place of the Coca-Cola bottle?  Anyone's name have a click in it like N!xao?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Does a hockey stick and puck take the place of the Coca-Cola bottle?  Anyone's name have a click in it like N!xao?

Was thinking it'd have to be something more like either the netting behind the opposing team's net; or maybe just a Stanley Cup Playoffs program.  You know, something our guys have never seen before nor even suspected of existing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

We need to see the trade proposal from Edmonton the Sabres accept, where they keep McDavid. Which they would, as they aren't trading McDavid. Eichel to the Oilers and the first rumblings of "super team" in the NHL 😄

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.