Sabres top 3, after Eichel

LGR4GM

I would have Reinhart as Solid #2.

#3 is more wide open right now.  Would definitely not put Dahlin up there, not with his development being as it has been since he came into the league.

I don't think anyone is considering him a future Norris candidate, for example.

Get that "next Bobby Orr" stuff out of your head, along with the thought that Eichel is a generational talent.

He's maybe the 10th best center in the league on his best night, which is damned good and you could do a lot of winning with such a player.  Generational ? No.

57 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Top fifteen teams in league by standing (top four by points):

Stone, Pacioretty, Theodore, Marchessault

Aho, Trocheck, Hamilton, Necas

Crosby, Guentzel, Rust, Letang

Huberdeau, Barkov, Verhaeghe, Hornqvist

MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar

Hedman, Point, Palat, Stamkos

Backstrom, Ovechkin, Carlson, Oshie

Kaprizov, Fiala, Zuccarello, Greenway

Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Nylander

Barzal, Eberle, Pageau, Bailey

Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Krejci

Scheifele, Ehlers, Connors, Copp

McDavid, Draisaitl, Barrie, Nugent-Hopkins

Panarin, Fox, Zibanejad, Buchnevich

Forsberg, Josi, Arvidsson, Granlund

Sabres top four:

Reinhart, Olofsson, Dahlin, Eichel

All things considered, I would swap with Tampa, Toronto, Colorado, and Edmonton and that's it. 

I'd take Minni's top 4

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Dustin Brown led the 2012 Kings Cup team in scoring (tie with Kopitar). Mike Richards. Jonathan Quick. Justin Williams. Alec Martinez - we need to surround our top guys with talent to allow the top guys to flourish 

Peak Mike Richards is exactly what this team needs -- a talented, intense ball of fury whose teammates will follow him anywhere.

• Like (+1) 2

Top 3 after Eichel are Reinhart, Dahlin and McCabe

Top 3 after Eichel in a few years Dahlin, Reinhart and Berniers over Mittelstadt and Cozens but it's close.  I see Berniers as the better playmaker then Mitts and Cozens who I think will be our top goal scorers.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yes.  He is the glue on the defense and although I like Ullmark, I think he is actually easier to replace then McCabe for this team.  

Interesting. I think McCabe is easier to replace on D (Borgen, Mattias are similar or FA) than a G who leads all-time in shootout sv%. 

I think Linus is more clutch than what we realize, after watching Jonas struggle here then immediately have success with the Avs. Ullmark has put up decent numbers on a crap team this season when available. Makes me wonder what he would be capable of on a better team. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Interesting. I think McCabe is easier to replace on D (Borgen, Mattias are similar or FA) than a G who leads all-time in shootout sv%. 

I think Linus is more clutch than what we realize, after watching Jonas struggle here then immediately have success with the Avs. Ullmark has put up decent numbers on a crap team this season when available. Makes me wonder what he would be capable of on a better team. 

It's sort of the chicken vs the egg.  With McCabe on D we reduce chances on our goaltending significantly and it slots the other players better as a group.  Ullmark has developed beautifully but he is still a middle of the road NHL goaltender.  He sticks out here more because of the lousy team in front of him.  Part of that was coaching  of course, but the team was 5-6-2 in games McCabe played under RK and then went 1-17-2 after his injury.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Top 3 after Eichel are Reinhart, Dahlin and McCabe

Top 3 after Eichel in a few years Dahlin, Reinhart and Berniers over Mittelstadt and Cozens but it's close.  I see Berniers as the better playmaker then Mitts and Cozens who I think will be our top goal scorers.  

Why are you listing Beniers? Lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.