GDT Sabres at Rangers 6pm 4/25/21 MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

Eichel outscores all his teammates, and the teammates that play with him score more. Gets his other teammates easier matchups. If the rest of the team at large is, not only not better, but actually actively made WORSE by Eichel because he....doesn't lead properly?...To me that says a lot about all those other players more than it does JE. 

Imagine needing to be "led" when you are a professional NHL player getting paid millions of dollars to do your job

Edited by Thorny

Just now, SDS said:

He’s pointing out the fallacy of your arguments, but you’re not picking up on it.

No, he was nearly giving emotional responses and not answering my question.

Thats ok. I understand fandom. It often blinds people. We begin accepting mediocrity. That’s when we should think about alternative options. Or not.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You're changing one of the only things that work. Again, I disagree. 

Tell me when it worked? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TgeekB said:

Agree. I’m personally against building a team around one player. Build a team. 

Feel free to expand upon what this actually means in real terms. The Sabres are going to find a goalie that matches Jack Eichel somehow and it would be different if he wasn’t here? They are going to build the fourth line differently because Jack Eichel is on the first line? I don’t know how this works.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Eichel outscores all his teammates, and the teammates that play with him score more. Gets his other teammates easier matchups. If the rest of the team at large is, not only not better, but actually actively made WORSE by Eichel because he....doesn't lead properly?...To me that says a lot about all those other players more than it does JE. 

Imagine needing to be led when you are getting paid millions of dollars to do your job

There's truth to that, and you'd think so, but remember these are hockey players. They're not often the brightest lights and they spend their entire lives in team oriented groups and locker rooms and a lot of them are used to being "led". Do not underestimate the power of strong team leadership. 

Said it before and will always believe it. History would have been different if we'd named ROR captain instead of holding it for Eichel. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Sorry what do you mean?

Teams can just use high pressure against us on the PP and eventually we just cough it up. I think Jack is the only player on the team that is calm under that pressure. Notice you’ll find three guys cheating really far to the boards to pressure one of our guys. Jack would find Victor on the other side

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TgeekB said:

Thats ok. I understand fandom. It often blinds people. We begin accepting mediocrity. That’s when we should think about alternative options. Or not.

Tell me when it worked? 

We haven't cured the obesity crisis in the USA while I've been alive. Just saying. I'm not saying I'm the cause of the nation wide problem, but, all I know is that it hasn't been solved while I've been on this planet. Couldn't hurt to ship me to the moon just to see

it's just a bad argument, sorry. 

Welcome to the board

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We all know the Sabres have sucked for a decade. We disagree that part of the cause has been Jack Eichel. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

No, but expecting him to be the answer for everything is part of the cause. 

Why do we have to heap all the hope on Jack?......

Ask Pierre Turgeon how that burden felt...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TgeekB said:

Tell me when it worked? 

The logical fallacy here is rough. 

Jack Eichel isn't mediocre even if the team he's been on is.  

We haven't cured the obesity crisis in the USA while I've been alive. Just saying. I'm not saying I'm the cause of the nation wide problem, but, all I know is that it hasn't been solved while I've been on this planet. Couldn't hurt to ship me to the moon just to see

Welcome to the board

Actually it is solved, it's just that people don't follow the solutions. They simply don't listen, just like the covidiots. 

Just now, Thorny said:

Welcome to the board

Thanks.

Trust me, I’ll eat crow if the Sabres suddenly make it to the Cup next year with Jack. Would love nothing more. I won’t be holding my breath though. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Why do we have to heap all the hope on Jack?......

Ask Pierre Turgeon how that burden felt...

Which is my point and why I believe we would be stronger in trading him. Too much focus on Jack and on the past years. Inescapable and all the talk next year if things don't go great. Better to wipe the slate clean at this point and build fresh with the young group we have plus what we get. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TgeekB said:

Thanks.

Trust me, I’ll eat crow if the Sabres suddenly make it to the Cup next year with Jack. Would love nothing more. I won’t be holding my breath though. 

So it sounds like you have a foolproof plan for them to make it to the Cup if they get rid of Jack. Let's hear it. There's a lot of in-between. Duh.

14 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Going into next season the Sabres have to address the PP and PK.  Those units cost them games this year.  One of several areas that need improvement.

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

A healthy Jack will solve the first bit, at least

Yep.

And 2 quality goalies will help with the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TgeekB said:

Thanks.

You’re not really going out on a limb here are you? From the team who has the lowest points in the league to going to the Stanley Cup? That’s the bar?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

You’re not really going out on a limb here are you? From the team who has the lowest points in the league to going to the Stanley Cup? That’s the bar. 

We just need a #1 center. All the young players to get better. And vezina level goaltending. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.