GDT: Sabres at Capitals 4-15-21 @7PM

spndnchz

8 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

My God, how much did Hall, Staal, and XHCRK hold the team back?

I agree on RK to a large extent but the better they play, the more I start to think there's no way Ralph could have been SO bad as to hold THIS much back. I think he was actively bad, yet we need to flat out attribute some of this to growth from the younger players. You know, that thing we always theorize we might see as the year winds down, but are actually seeing this time. 

My gut says Ralph would have seen a bit of an upswing right now, himself, even.

(I definitely think Granato is a better coach, too)

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I agree on RK to a large extent but the better they play, the more I start to think there's no way Ralph could have been SO bad as to hold THIS much back. I think he was actively bad, yet we need to flat out attribute some of this to growth from the youngers players. You know, that thing we always theorize we might see as the year winds down, but are actually seeing this time. 

Counter point, Krueger has a veteran fetish and kept the younger players either off the ice or in limited roles

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Counter point, Krueger has a veteran fetish and kept the younger players either off the ice or in limited roles

I've watched all the games, and I watched all the kids play. They are getting better. Isn't that what's supposed to happen, even if you have a good coach? It's both - Krueger was bad and he had a drastic effect on their play but we are seeing improvement even compared to the minutes they did play

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I agree on RK to a large extent but the better they play, the more I start to think there's no way Ralph could have been SO bad as to hold THIS much back. I think he was actively bad, yet we need to flat out attribute some of this to growth from the youngers players. You know, that thing we always theorize we might see as the year winds down, but are actually seeing this time. 

I disagree.  He'd still be requiring the players to stay above the puck.  You wouldn't see most these goals resulting from rushes.  Even during the intermission interview Mitts alluded to usually just dumping the puck deep in that situation but he shot instead.  You KNOW it's not Granato telling him to just dump the puck in on a chance like that.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Entering the third period the team is playing well in front of him and he seems to being playing with confidence. (I hope I don't jinx the team in the remaining period.)

So I'm guessing you think they have their backup goalie right haha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.