Jump to content

OT - UB Bull Jaret Patterson has record day


Recommended Posts

Patterson tied a CFB record with 8 TDs today and was within ~20 yards of the most rushing yards ever with 409 as UB crushed Kent State 70-41.

He also recovered an onsides kick.

The backup RB scored the other 2 TDs. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Had he stayed in & continued to get the ball every play, the team's 10th TD would've given him both records.

Yep, it took Marks two carries from the 18 to score. Ross Tucker on the broadcast was hysterical. He was so disappointed. He wanted to be by able to say he called the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Yep, it took Marks two carries from the 18 to score. Ross Tucker on the broadcast was hysterical. He was so disappointed. He wanted to be by able to say he called the game. 

Him asking the Bulls line to hold SOMEBODY, ANYBODY just to lose enough yards to get Patterson the record after Marks' 1st carry was kind of surreal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great day by Patterson, heck great season so far. 1st rb to rush for back to back 300+ yard games since Ricky Williams did it in 1996.

Its a shame that coach pulled him before he was able to break both those records.

But watching the interview after the game, Patterson is a class act. Mentioned all his teammates & said all he cared about was the win. Really impressed by this kid.

Patterson for the Heisman!

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=30407801&ex_cid=espnapi_internal via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

2 hours ago, In The Buff said:

Great day by Patterson, heck great season so far. 1st rb to rush for back to back 300+ yard games since Ricky Williams did it in 1996.

Its a shame that coach pulled him before he was able to break both those records.

But watching the interview after the game, Patterson is a class act. Mentioned all his teammates & said all he cared about was the win. Really impressed by this kid.

Patterson for the Heisman!

At least he and Marks set the NCAA combined rushing record of 506 years and 10 touchdowns.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 10:14 PM, Eleven said:

I want to kill the coach for pulling him with 2 minutes left.

He says he would have left him in if he would have known.  I blame the assistants in the booth for not googling the record on their phones and telling him.

 

Nonetheless, a wonderful day for Patterson and the Bulls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IKnowPhysics said:

He says he would have left him in if he would have known.  I blame the assistants in the booth for not googling the record on their phones and telling him.

 

Nonetheless, a wonderful day for Patterson and the Bulls.

If the UB radio crew--not exactly a crack squad of veteran broadcasters--could figure it out, Leipold could.  I hold him personally responsible and now I am holding you personally responsible as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Leipold is starting to get mentioned as a rising college coach. UB has become a good stepping stone for basketball coaches and AD’s and now may be becoming a football coach stepping stone.

Exactly why he put himself ahead of his RB on Saturday.

 

Edited by Eleven
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not see any coverage of this on any of the National Sports networks.  Not saying a watch them constantly either there may have been some.  

I saw a female soccer player kick one football 25 yards off a tee for Vanderbilt against Missouri in an SEC men’s division 1 NCAA game.   

Apparently the varsity kicker was hurt and the backups had Covid or something.   Somehow this was a big accomplishment covered by prime time national media. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I did not see any coverage of this on any of the National Sports networks.  Not saying a watch them constantly either there may have been some.  

I saw a female soccer player kick one football 25 yards off a tee for Vanderbilt against Missouri in an SEC men’s division 1 NCAA game.   

Apparently the varsity kicker was hurt and the backups had Covid or something.   Somehow this was a big accomplishment covered by prime time national media. 

You should have left the tv on a minute longer because Patterson was the next story. In fact he got quite a lot of press coverage.

But I do agree the amount of attention one poor kickoff received was somewhat absurd. Especially when another woman kicked for an FBS team years ago and scored points with her leg. Katie Hnida, U of New Mexico in 2004.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who didn't get to watch it, if coach had realized and wanted him to break the record, he would have easily done so.  Patterson sat out at least 3 series.  He could have had 500 yards, and definitely 9, if not 10 touchdowns.  He didn't show any sign of fatigue.  He looked like a thurman thomas / barry sanders hybrid.  Hard to tell against weak competition, but I think he could be a early round draft pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You should have left the tv on a minute longer because Patterson was the next story. In fact he got quite a lot of press coverage.

But I do agree the amount of attention one poor kickoff received was somewhat absurd. Especially when another woman kicked for an FBS team years ago and scored points with her leg. Katie Hnida, U of New Mexico in 2004.

I don't understand the fanfare for the blooper kickoff. If anything, it should have brought a few snickers. This girl is a Division I scholarship soccer player. She should be able to hammer that football. They could have just as easily picked any player from the Vandy roster to kick the ball the way she did and spare us all the fake accolades. I could dress an 80 year old female for a kickoff and make sure she doesn't get hurt just so she can claim she played in a power 5 conference football game. Meanwhile, Patterson has to follow her on the highlights.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

I don't understand the fanfare for the blooper kickoff. If anything, it should have brought a few snickers. This girl is a Division I scholarship soccer player. She should be able to hammer that football. They could have just as easily picked any player from the Vandy roster to kick the ball the way she did and spare us all the fake accolades. I could dress an 80 year old female for a kickoff and make sure she doesn't get hurt just so she can claim she played in a power 5 conference football game. Meanwhile, Patterson has to follow her on the highlights.   

I don’t know,... I thought it was kinda neat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

I don't understand the fanfare for the blooper kickoff. If anything, it should have brought a few snickers. This girl is a Division I scholarship soccer player. She should be able to hammer that football. They could have just as easily picked any player from the Vandy roster to kick the ball the way she did and spare us all the fake accolades. I could dress an 80 year old female for a kickoff and make sure she doesn't get hurt just so she can claim she played in a power 5 conference football game. Meanwhile, Patterson has to follow her on the highlights.   

Supposedly the trolls of social media gave her more than her share of grief.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

Supposedly the trolls of social media gave her more than her share of grief.

She doesn't deserve that. But those who inflate the achievement do. (I'm not a curmudgeon thinking women don't belong. I think we'll see a woman play goal in the NHL someday soon. But it's counterproductive to exaggerate an achievement to generate attention.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...