Casey Fitzgerald signed to ELC

Brawndo

Per EliteProspects, this looks great.

But, every year his stat line has gotten worse. Of course, every year BC has gotten worse.

Still, he is a right hand shot.

From Elite Prospects.

We have someone rated higher. Jacob Bryson won 2nd all-star for his conference. 

Jacob Bryson Per Elite Prospects:

The Buffalo News said that Fitzgerald was a welcome addition because Rochester's blue-line is thin.

Rochester has a farm team too: Cincinnati. 

D - Arvin Atwall has 37 points and is plus 45 !

D - Devante Stephens has 25 points and is plus 35.  Stephens is Sabres property.

Cincinnati is  rocking the ECHL with only 12 losses so far this year.

23 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

The Buffalo News said that Fitzgerald was a welcome addition because Rochester's blue-line is thin.

Rochester has a farm team too: Cincinnati. 

D - Arvin Atwall has 37 points and is plus 45 !

D - Devante Stephens has 25 points and is plus 35.  Stephens is Sabres property.

Cincinnati is  rocking the ECHL with only 12 losses so far this year.

Saw both last year with Rochester. Atwall is at best a below average AHL defender and Stephens needs a miracle. 

10 hours ago, inkman said:

Saw both last year with Rochester. Atwall is at best a below average AHL defender and Stephens needs a miracle. 

I don't have access to watch Cyclones games, but you gotta figure they've improved at least a little to help the team to such a great record. 

Anyhow, Roch just signed Kurt Gosselin.  He's an NCAA guy from the power-house of Univ. of Alabama-Huntsville.

He played 7 games in Cincinnati on a try-out, scoring 7 points in 7 games and a +5.    He shoots left. 

They still have Nathan Paetsch playing the odd game here or there. He's a left shot too.

Right now their current line-up would be:

MacWilliam - Tennyson

Hickey - Dougherty

Gosselin  - Fitzgerald

Paetsch

Zach Redmond(right shot) is injured. He was having a career year at: 25g, 54pts, +21; he set the Amerks record for goals by a D-man.

That is a pretty thin line-up with Pilut and Borgen in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

They do need to sign draft picks. The fact a lower round pick is good enough to warrent it, should give you some sort of positive vibes. 

At the very least, Fitzgerald is a huge upgrade over the wasted (expiring) contract used for Brycen Martin.  You gotta sign some of

these guys just for Rochester's sake.   It would be poor asset management to allow prospects to walk away, which Fitzgerald could've

done this Summer.   So there, a prospect actually chose to sign with Buffalo. Take that Jimmy Vesey and Will Butcher!

3 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

I don't have access to watch Cyclones games, but you gotta figure they've improved at least a little to help the team to such a great record. 

Anyhow, Roch just signed Kurt Gosselin.  He's an NCAA guy from the power-house of Univ. of Alabama-Huntsville.

He played 7 games in Cincinnati on a try-out, scoring 7 points in 7 games and a +5.    He shoots left. 

They still have Nathan Paetsch playing the odd game here or there. He's a left shot too.

Right now their current line-up would be:

MacWilliam - Tennyson

Hickey - Dougherty

Gosselin  - Fitzgerald

Paetsch

Zach Redmond(right shot) is injured. He was having a career year at: 25g, 54pts, +21; he set the Amerks record for goals by a D-man.

That is a pretty thin line-up with Pilut and Borgen in Buffalo.

The Sabres season ends a little bit before the Amerks so whoever is up will be down for the end if season/playoffs

With Thompson joining the other guys going down, that will should be a crowded playoff roster.

Im curious to see our lineup, and how he fits. Im picturing something like this, but maybe @inkman or @Ogre can help?

O’Regan Asplund Olofsson

CJ Smith Leier Simpson

Thompson Porter Nylander

Cornel Crisculo Elie

Ogelvie Malone DSmith

Pilut Redmond

Borgen Daugherty

Tennyson McWilliam

Hickey Fitzgerald

Wedgwood

Wilcox

What are the odds of Fitzgerald ever playing full time for the Sabres? 10% Less?

Casey is already 22.  

Here the in the Sabres system around his age or younger

McCabe 25

Pilut 23

Dahlin 18

Borgen 22

Dougherty 22

Hickey 22

Bryson 21

Laakksonen 19 

Samuelsson 19

I place Casey below all these players on our depth chart and behind.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts next season in the ECHL.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

With Thompson joining the other guys going down, that will should be a crowded playoff roster.

Im curious to see our lineup, and how he fits. Im picturing something like this, but maybe @inkman or @Ogre can help?

O’Regan Asplund Olofsson

CJ Smith Leier Simpson

Thompson Porter Nylander

Cornel Crisculo Elie

Ogelvie Malone DSmith

Pilut Redmond

Borgen Daugherty

Tennyson McWilliam

Hickey Fitzgerald

Wedgwood

Wilcox

Looks about right. I think Malone and Dalton Smith find their way into the line up. 

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

I don't disagree with this, but he doesn't sound like anything to get excited about. 

Excited about from a Sabres perspective. No.

From an Amerks perspective, it just helps solidify the back end. Which will allow other prospects better than him to leap frog him developmentally. It’s a solid signing for the Amerks. 

Solid doesn’t = ZOMG amazing.

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Excited about from a Sabres perspective. No.

From an Amerks perspective, it just helps solidify the back end. Which will allow other prospects better than him to leap frog him developmentally. It’s a solid signing for the Amerks. 

Solid doesn’t = ZOMG amazing.

I guess that is good for you guys who get to watch them. Gives you some sort of hockey team worth cheering for. Being a Sabres fan I'm forgottening what that's like. 

I’m first and foremost a Sabres fan. STH since 2004. But as you know, a solid farm team is so vital to success for the big club. I watch probably 5-7 Amerks games a season. 

I’m not saying you ... but it blows my mind how some fans couldn’t care less about the success of the Amerks. Like one doesn’t heavily impact the other. It’s a weird and sophomoric stance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.