GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 3-23-19 7PM

spndnchz

On 3/24/2019 at 7:17 AM, JJFIVEOH said:

That is unfair. A fair weather fan jumps on the bandwagon of the hot team for that month. I have been a Sabres fan since the day my dad took me to see Gilbert's 500th goal and it was a diehard fanhood ever since. 

I don't think it's fair to call me a fair weather fan when I spent 20+ years in Panther land and now I am in Hurricane land. I've already said, the Sabres will always be my team, but I need to find some entertainment. It's not going to come from the Sabres camp. The Canes are kicking ass with a roster nobody thought would go this far this early...... (Botterill, take note) They have heart and they want to win. The Sabres don't give a *****. Sorry if I offend you by going to a different team. I'm not officially going to a new team, I'm just switching my focus to a team that might give me entertainment to finish off the year because the Sabres sure as helll ain't going to do it.

Good for you, but hope you realize for some picking a second team is close to blasfemy.    Personally I could never do it, I'd rather be miserable then watch another team.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Good for you, but hope you realize for some picking a second team is close to blasfemy.    Personally I could never do it, I'd rather be miserable then watch another team.

I have always been a Sabres fan. I am also a hockey fan. I've lived in three locations in my lifetime. When my home team becomes the laughing stock of the league, I turn somewhere where I can be entertained. At my age, watching pathetic post-season outcomes from the Sabres and Bills since the mid 90's gets really old after a while. 

Good for you being a die-hard. I'm one as well. But at some point I don't want to waste my nights watching crap. If I can't see something that entertains me, I'd rather be out trying to get laid....... not watching this garbage. 

11 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I have always been a Sabres fan. I am also a hockey fan. I've lived in three locations in my lifetime. When my home team becomes the laughing stock of the league, I turn somewhere where I can be entertained. At my age, watching pathetic post-season outcomes from the Sabres and Bills since the mid 90's gets really old after a while. 

Good for you being a die-hard. I'm one as well. But at some point I don't want to waste my nights watching crap. If I can't see something that entertains me, I'd rather be out trying to get laid....... not watching this garbage. 

Oh don't get me wrong, the few games I would have been able to watch, I just went out and had a beer.  Haven't seen a game live this month.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, spndnchz said:

I won’t call you names but you just defined fair weather fan.

What do we become if we begin to segregate among ourselves?  Are we left to attack each over the amount of suffering one fan chooses to incur over another?  What does it accomplish? In the end, are we all not fans?  Or are some people better fans because they want to suffer and feel miserable over something they cannot control?

13 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Call me whatever you want. I watch sports to be entertained. It hasn't come from Buffalo for several years. 

While that's your prerogative, perhaps it's best to not keep jumping into threads with what seems to come across with no other purpose than to antagonize people. You can't be surprised by the response you get when you change your avatar to yet a 3rd team since you've been here and then begin to tout how you are just going to roll with whatever team can entertain you (from your prior living locations). So, if you want to give those little jabs, you should expect jabs in response.

5 hours ago, LTS said:

What do we become if we begin to segregate among ourselves?  Are we left to attack each over the amount of suffering one fan chooses to incur over another?  What does it accomplish? In the end, are we all not fans?  Or are some people better fans because they want to suffer and feel miserable over something they cannot control?

While that's your prerogative, perhaps it's best to not keep jumping into threads with what seems to come across with no other purpose than to antagonize people. You can't be surprised by the response you get when you change your avatar to yet a 3rd team since you've been here and then begin to tout how you are just going to roll with whatever team can entertain you (from your prior living locations). So, if you want to give those little jabs, you should expect jabs in response.

I don't not expect jabs....... but it seems as though you guys are pretty ultra-sensitive when it comes to criticizing the Sabres. Not sure of your age, but when I was in my 20's, I was tolerant of crappy teams. Now that I'm in my 40's and seen where all the Buffalo teams have gone....... you really can't hold it against me when I decide to support another team. Even though I have plead my allegiance to the Sabres and only going to support Sunrise and/or Raleigh for the playoff run because they were/are my home teams. 

I'm sorry if that offends you. When I go to watch a movie, I don't watch one that has numerous negative reviews. I watch a movie that entertains me. Sports is no different. The Sabres are a laughing stock, and have been for many years. Why should I waste my time watching garbage?

1 hour ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I don't not expect jabs....... but it seems as though you guys are pretty ultra-sensitive when it comes to criticizing the Sabres. Not sure of your age, but when I was in my 20's, I was tolerant of crappy teams. Now that I'm in my 40's and seen where all the Buffalo teams have gone....... you really can't hold it against me when I decide to support another team. Even though I have plead my allegiance to the Sabres and only going to support Sunrise and/or Raleigh for the playoff run because they were/are my home teams. 

I'm sorry if that offends you. When I go to watch a movie, I don't watch one that has numerous negative reviews. I watch a movie that entertains me. Sports is no different. The Sabres are a laughing stock, and have been for many years. Why should I waste my time watching garbage?

Here you go.

https://www.forumice.com/forumdisplay.php?18-Carolina-Hurricanes

26 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Thanks. I guess I'm better off talking with y'all who are miserable Sabres fans who have yet to come to grips with the fact that this team is going no where........

What board are you reading? Seriously. There is a fire Phil thread. There is a make the case for Phil thread where nobody tried. Who hasn’t come to grips with it?

Enough with trying to tell us all how smart you are and us how dumb we are. We know we are dumb. We’re still watching these games FFS!

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What board are you reading? Seriously. There is a fire Phil thread. There is a make the case for Phil thread where nobody tried. Who hasn’t come to grips with it?

Enough with trying to tell us all how smart you are and us how dumb we are. We know we are dumb. We’re still watching these games FFS!

Everyone should petition MSG to instead of playing the Sabres games, they just replay clips of 'Wide Right', 'Homerun Throwback', 'No Goal', 'The lottery drawing from the McDavid draft' and the various other Buffalo sports Highlights on repeat. It might be more enjoyable and less painful to watch then a Sabres Game right now.......

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Everyone should petition MSG to instead of playing the Sabres games, they just replay clips of 'Wide Right', 'Homerun Throwback', 'No Goal', 'The lottery drawing from the McDavid draft' and the various other Buffalo sports Highlights on repeat. It might be more enjoyable and less painful to watch then a Sabres Game right now.......

I'll be happy if they just show the Amerks 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Your last question does bring up one question as well.

Why do you waste your time coming to the forum to converse with others who are wasting their time watching garbage?  This is not a backhanded way of saying leave.  It's a legitimate question.  You are showing up, every day, to point out who you are rooting for and that the Sabres suck.  

I'm not offended, it's just annoying. Imagine if I broke my leg and I got to listen to you tell me, at work, at the grocery store, at the gas station, that "Wow, broken legs really suck. That must be a pain to deal with."  How long do you think it's going to be before I tell you to STFU? 

You know the forum, you see the forum, you read the forum. I am giving you credit for recognizing that fans aren't enjoying this team. What response do you expect from people when you post what you post? 

Do you expect people to say, "Let's go be Caniacs for the year!"

Do you expect people to say "I'm gonna root for former Sabre Bob Boughner!"

My question was, why are you surprised people are responding as they do? 

I have my assumptions but I am asking questions because I want to know your answers to them.  

One last question, could you construe the willingness to jump ship to support a new team (your third) as being ultra-sensitive to the Sabres product?  You've reached your limit of being able to tolerate the blight that is the Buffalo Sabres.  Clearly others have not.  Who's more sensitive to the Sabres?  The answer is clearly you, since you've jumped ship. The only question is... are you ultra-sensitive?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Your last question does bring up one question as well.

Why do you waste your time coming to the forum to converse with others who are wasting their time watching garbage?  This is not a backhanded way of saying leave.  It's a legitimate question.  You are showing up, every day, to point out who you are rooting for and that the Sabres suck.  

I'm not offended, it's just annoying. Imagine if I broke my leg and I got to listen to you tell me, at work, at the grocery store, at the gas station, that "Wow, broken legs really suck. That must be a pain to deal with."  How long do you think it's going to be before I tell you to STFU? 

You know the forum, you see the forum, you read the forum. I am giving you credit for recognizing that fans aren't enjoying this team. What response do you expect from people when you post what you post? 

Do you expect people to say, "Let's go be Caniacs for the year!"

Do you expect people to say "I'm gonna root for former Sabre Bob Boughner!"

My question was, why are you surprised people are responding as they do? 

I have my assumptions but I am asking questions because I want to know your answers to them.  

One last question, could you construe the willingness to jump ship to support a new team (your third) as being ultra-sensitive to the Sabres product?  You've reached your limit of being able to tolerate the blight that is the Buffalo Sabres.  Clearly others have not.  Who's more sensitive to the Sabres?  The answer is clearly you, since you've jumped ship. The only question is... are you ultra-sensitive?

No where did I point out that everybody should be a Canes fan. All I did was change my avatar and you all went ape *****. I have said repeatedly, the Sabres will always be my team. But, the Sabres and Panthers are out of playoff contention, my new home team is going to make the playoffs. I'm sorry it offends you that I support my local team. If all my teams made the playoffs, the Sabres would top my list, by far. Alas, they are losers. I haven't jumped ship, I am simply supporting my local team. I'm sorry you don't like that. 

12 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

No where did I point out that everybody should be a Canes fan. All I did was change my avatar and you all went ape *****. I have said repeatedly, the Sabres will always be my team. But, the Sabres and Panthers are out of playoff contention, my new home team is going to make the playoffs. I'm sorry it offends you that I support my local team. If all my teams made the playoffs, the Sabres would top my list, by far. Alas, they are losers. I haven't jumped ship, I am simply supporting my local team. I'm sorry you don't like that. 

How would it go over if everyone switched to Leafs avatars and rooted for their other local team that is kicking ass, but still posted on here calling the Sabres losers? Your explanation is ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

You are not answering my questions, at all.

I didn't say that you said "everybody should be a Canes fan".

I said I was not offended (you apparently missed that).

But again, you have not answered my questions.  I'm giving you a fair shot at things here.

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

This whole ordeal brings up an important question.  Can an avatar be ignored?  You can shut off things like signatures, but I don't see the option for avatars.

I don’t think we have signatures anymore. 

And no.

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

How would it go over if everyone switched to Leafs avatars and rooted for their other local team that is kicking ass, but still posted on here calling the Sabres losers? Your explanation is ridiculous.

4 hours ago, LTS said:

You are not answering my questions, at all.

I didn't say that you said "everybody should be a Canes fan".

I said I was not offended (you apparently missed that).

But again, you have not answered my questions.  I'm giving you a fair shot at things here.

Sorry you both take offense to my avatar. I've stated my alliance to the Sabres. If that isn't enough for you, I'm sorry. When the season starts, I will be a Sabres fan, die hard. Up until now, I support my local team. If that offends you, I'm sorry. I enjoy sports, I love a team that can entertain me.  Does that mean anything to you?

Ignoring people based on their avatar? My god, you people are getting soft.......

You have to know all this is trolling.  It's very disingenuous to bring up the reaction when it was done for reaction.

Personally, I couldn't care less.  But if you are gonna do it, own it fer cripes sake.  The "who me" routine is really lame.

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry you both take offense to my avatar. I've stated my alliance to the Sabres. If that isn't enough for you, I'm sorry. When the season starts, I will be a Sabres fan, die hard. Up until now, I support my local team. If that offends you, I'm sorry. I enjoy sports, I love a team that can entertain me.  Does that mean anything to you?

And once again you are not answering ANYTHING I asked.  You are saying the same things over and over again.

Moreover, like I said in another thread. I don't care about your avatar. I will repeat, AGAIN, I am not offended by your decision to support whomever you like at a moment's notice.  

My questions were a bit more substantial than that and it would be great if you'd read them again.  If they are unclear please let me know what I can clarify for you.  If you want to ignore them and repeat yourself again addressing nothing then I'm going down the road that Weave has gone down. 

I will answer your question.

"Does that mean anything to you? (regarding teams that are entertaining)"  Yes. I watch entertaining hockey all the time. I am a fan of hockey, the sport.  In any given game I generally have a team I would prefer to see win.  For the context of that game, I am a fan of that team. Overall, I root for the Sabres.  I prefer the Sabres to be the team that entertains me and unfortunately they have not been doing that for some time now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.