Sabres @ Stars, 1/30/2019, 8:30 PM ET

Doohickie

9 hours ago, Tondas said:

Linus was good tonight.  With any goal support, it's a different story.

He saved it to 1-0 where it could have been 5-0. No offense and defense have up a lot of scoring opportunities. On the bright side Linus seems to be developing into a solid #1.

I thought Dallas pretty soundly outplayed the Sabres last night.  The Sabres generated very little offense, while Dallas had about 8-10 excellent scoring chances.  Ullmark kept them in it.

I wasn't so much hung up on the physical play, as I thought the Sabres did OK in that department, although I would've liked to have seen someone make Dallas pay for the Benn hit on Eichel.

Speaking of Eichel, I really don't think he's been close to his pre-injury peak since he returned.

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I thought Dallas pretty soundly outplayed the Sabres last night.  The Sabres generated very little offense, while Dallas had about 8-10 excellent scoring chances.  Ullmark kept them in it.

I wasn't so much hung up on the physical play, as I thought the Sabres did OK in that department, although I would've liked to have seen someone make Dallas pay for the Benn hit on Eichel.

Speaking of Eichel, I really don't think he's been close to his pre-injury peak since he returned.

Yep.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So his 1 hit, 0 shots, -1 in 15 minutes of ice time turned the tide? 

I thought +/- was a stat we weren’t supposed to use. 

But yes. Coulda been -4.

Edited by SwampD

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Yep.

I thought +/- was a stat we weren’t supposed to use. 

But yes. Coulda been -4.

That's it? Because he wasn't worse it justifies him being in over Pilut? 

So your theory is a player with basically no impact in a game was a reason we won that game? 

Your theory is that Scandella helped us win a game he was bad in and that's why we lost a game he played and was decent in?

You misunderstood. Pilut was -4 in the Van game.

Maybe if Pilut played in the BJs game, his line would have been -4 not -1 like Scandella was.

Edited by SwampD

Your theory is that Scandella helped us win a game he was bad in and that's why we lost a game he played and was decent in? 

I thought Scandy was fine last night.  His minus-1 was attributable to Bogo, who committed an awful turnover that ended up in the Sabres' net.

Also, Scandy was the Sabre who came closest to scoring a goal last night!

I think swapping Pilut in for Scandy last night would've had zero impact.

Just now, SwampD said:

You misunderstood. Pilut was -4 in the Van game.

Maybe if Pilut played in the BJs game, his Lin would have been -4 not -1 like Scandella was.

Maybe if Pilut played last night he handles a fast forecheck better and helps the team score. 

We're not even living in reality now. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Maybe if Pilut played last night he handles a fast forecheck better and helps the team score. 

We're not even living in reality now. 

I know. It’s like you don’t even realize that hitting and physical play is a part of hockey.

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I thought Scandy was fine last night.  His minus-1 was attributable to Bogo, who committed an awful turnover that ended up in the Sabres' net.

Also, Scandy was the Sabre who came closest to scoring a goal last night!

I think swapping Pilut in for Scandy last night would've had zero impact.

Look at his original theory. 

He was -1 in the Columbus game because he abandoned his assignment and couldn't recover. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.