GDT - Sabres at Blues - December 27, 2018 - 8:00 PM

Andrew Amerk

2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

What happened to the Scandella from last year. This version is... less good

The modus operandi for this team is for the D to be aggressive, which seems to lead to some real brain farts sometimes, especially with other teams breaking out of their zones.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The modus operandi for this team is for the D to be aggressive, which seems to lead to some real brain farts sometimes, especially with other teams breaking out of their zones.

Just like the MO of another coach I can think of.  I love this. It relies upon very good to great goaltending, but the Sabs have had that this year.

The kids will learn; there will be fewer brainfarts.

Edited by Santa Claus

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

My comment was more around his lack of confidence in the defensive zone. Puck jumping over his stick, bobbling passes and chasing opponents.

Just now, Santa Claus said:

Just like the MO of another coach I can think of.  I love this. It relies upon very good to great goaltending, but the Sabs have had that this year.

Yup. And I like the high risk high reward style. I think you score more than you get scored on with it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.