SabreSpace Goal of the Year 2018

PASabreFan

Shootout goals aren't interesting enough to deserve votes IMO. Casey and Tage and Sam had pretty ones, but it's one of like six events that happens to build up to a single game winning goal (3 shots/saves for each team). Since we have lots of epic game tying and game winning goals this year, I don't see how any shootout goal can stand up to them.

27 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Shootout goals aren't interesting enough to deserve votes IMO. Casey and Tage and Sam had pretty ones, but it's one of like six events that happens to build up to a single game winning goal (3 shots/saves for each team). Since we have lots of epic game tying and game winning goals this year, I don't see how any shootout goal can stand up to them.

It's almost like a grad student or someone should start a "Shootout Goal of the Year" thread or something like that.

If dahlin had buried that chance after dancing through the other team instead of hitting the crossbar the other night. 

Alas, Tage's rocket and Risto leaving Burns' jock at the top of circle are the front runners for me.

Mitts SO goal where he is smiling the whole damn time is the special category winner. 

Risto's cellies are a thing of beauty. 

My ranking:

Risto's goal last night.
Eichel OT winner in Pittsburgh.
Eichel to Jason to Jeff in Anaheim to get our winning record back. 
Mitts tying the Pittsburgh game.
Skinner off the faceoff to tie the game in MTL. 
Sam tying the Vancouver game. This is when good feelings started turning into "this might be something special."
Skinner tying the most recent Montreal game. 
Kyle winning the other Montreal game.
McCabe from Dahlin in Minny - streak moves to 6, Dahlin breakout game, special play.
Risto winning the game in MTL. Epic, but no style points, Price just ate ****. 
Eichel OT winner in Calgary last January. Love and miss those one-timers.
Tage blast. It would move up if closer to the dying moments in the 3rd, or if from behind. 
Skinner winning the Montreal game. Ugly goal, still deserves a spot. 
Mitts' first NHL goal. That game was fun and a glimpse at what we're seeing this year. I remember us posting in that GDT and starting to see sun and feel hopeful, even though we lost. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

• 3 weeks later...

As per above, only current season goals will be considered. I can't imagine any goal from the second half of last season surpassing the best of this season, given the new element this season of importance. Original format is scrapped and we'll maybe go with eight nominations.

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I've been meaning to say this for a couple of days:  Zemgus' goal vs AZ is a dark-horse contender IMHO:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/girgensons-roofs-wrist-shot/t-277437090/c-63854103

Everything abouit that goal was fantastic, but it was against the Kings.

Sorry,

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.