Suspicious Packages Shipped To Clintons, Obamas, and Time Warner

WildCard

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I've been saying for years that this all started with Larry the Cable Guy making stupid "cool". Swaths of this population took his character as representative and red state politicians have been more than happy to slash education funding to make their redneck dreams come true. Are you poor and stupid? Let's celebrate and monetize that! It's okay to be anti-intellectual! Git er dun! 

I was told once very recently "You act too smart and it intimidates people, tone it down." I literally wasn't even being smart or saying something smart, I used the word superfluous in a sentence. America does think stupidity is okay and being smart makes you an a$$hole or similar. We've accepted not trying and we have accepted spending money on other things while education rots. Teachers do their best but hard to help struggling kids without resources. 

54 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I was told once very recently "You act too smart and it intimidates people, tone it down." I literally wasn't even being smart or saying something smart, I used the word superfluous in a sentence. America does think stupidity is okay and being smart makes you an a$$hole or similar. We've accepted not trying and we have accepted spending money on other things while education rots. Teachers do their best but hard to help struggling kids without resources. 

I run into the same issue at work. I have to dumb my language down for a number of my coworkers because when I use appropriate words for their intended purpose it's too confusing. It was acceptable when I worked in factories. But I work in a nice office now. With college educated people.

7 hours ago, darksabre said:

I've been saying for years that this all started with Larry the Cable Guy making stupid "cool". Swaths of this population took his character as representative and red state politicians have been more than happy to slash education funding to make their redneck dreams come true. Are you poor and stupid? Let's celebrate and monetize that! It's okay to be anti-intellectual! Git er dun! 

It started long before that. Hell, Married with Children was on in '86. I f'n hated that show.

Once used a word someone didn't understand.  They didn't like it.  Got the anticipated "Where'd you learn that word? <insert stupid comment here>"

When I responded "Thesaurus" they thought I was referring to a dinosaur and mocking them.

I died, more than a little, that day.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, LTS said:

CNN, George Soros... yeah..

This is lunacy that's been spreading.  The incendiary language being used by both sides knowing that it will lead to certain people taking these kinds of insane actions.

It's far beyond just the language.

You really must understand, under both President's Bush and Obama, United States Federal agencies were used to target US Citizens in various forms.

Under Bush, it was the Patriot Act, that actually violates the Constitution. Regardless of what anyone says, it does.

Under Obama, it was far worse, and I voted for him. Very disappointed in his administration. IRS, FBI, DOJ, EPA, they all targeted US Citizens through illicit programs and operations that go against the very founding fabric of our nation.

You must always remember, this is a government OF the people, BY the people, FOR the people. The very reason we have a 2nd amendment, is specifically due to subduing Federal government over reach.

There is no real conversation on this, the debating on going is all for not. Obama and Bush, should both be behind bars in my opinion. Trump is little better, but at least he's dumb enough to not use these agencies against the true power in America, the citizens.

28 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

You really must understand, under both President's Bush and Obama, United States Federal agencies were used to target US Citizens in various forms.

Under Bush, it was the Patriot Act, that actually violates the Constitution. Regardless of what anyone says, it does.

Under Obama, it was far worse, and I voted for him. Very disappointed in his administration. IRS, FBI, DOJ, EPA, they all targeted US Citizens through illicit programs and operations that go against the very founding fabric of our nation.

You must always remember, this is a government OF the people, BY the people, FOR the people. The very reason we have a 2nd amendment, is specifically due to subduing Federal government over reach.

There is no real conversation on this, the debating on going is all for not. Obama and Bush, should both be behind bars in my opinion. Trump is little better, but at least he's dumb enough to not use these agencies against the true power in America, the citizens.

...waiting for the group think pack mentality idiots to label Scotty a racist....

Edited by Hank

Just now, Hank said:

<I>waiting for the group think pack mentality idiots to label Scotty a racist....

I hope not. I hope we can all agree, any citizens rights are paramount to any governing agency.

The founders did really leave a very simplistic, yet complex design. Simplicity lay in the right of the individual above all else. The complexity lay in getting the population to find a middle ground to meet in to over come differences, peaceably.

At 48 years old, It's gotten beyond my parents and the 60's (which I support by the way), it's a true house divided. Very difficult times ahead, I support working together as opposed to constantly butting heads to address issues.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I hope not. I hope we can all agree, any citizens rights are paramount to any governing agency.

The founders did really leave a very simplistic, yet complex design. Simplicity lay in the right of the individual above all else. The complexity lay in getting the population to find a middle ground to meet in to over come differences, peaceably.

At 48 years old, It's gotten beyond my parents and the 60's (which I support by the way), it's a true house divided. Very difficult times ahead, I support working together as opposed to constantly butting heads to address issues.

Hey, I'm with you, but we're in the small minority around here. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I understand where you are coming from in this post.  But the problem is that this is no longer a government "OF" "BY" or "FOR" the people.  The American population has decided it's more interested in celebrity news than politics. The American population is what allows for this to continue to happen. The 2nd amendment is irrelevant. It's a dying dream of those who believe that somehow a bunch of armed citizens can stand a chance against what the military and its defense contractors could bring in to battle against them. Your AR-15 is every bit as insignificant as the AK-47 held by someone in ISIS.  That said, there's no need for guns when citizens have shown the propensity to act against each other. The intelligent person would let the people destroy themselves by manipulating them, not attacking them.

As for the use of federal agencies to monitor and target US Citizens, this has been going on for far longer than the names you've mentioned. This is what our government has become because the citizens have turned a blind eye to it.

I'm not sure why you believe that Trump is not using them either. Trump is a figurehead, just as past Presidents were.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

I understand where you are coming from in this post.  But the problem is that this is no longer a government "OF" "BY" or "FOR" the people.  The American population has decided it's more interested in celebrity news than politics. The American population is what allows for this to continue to happen. The 2nd amendment is irrelevant. It's a dying dream of those who believe that somehow a bunch of armed citizens can stand a chance against what the military and its defense contractors could bring in to battle against them. Your AR-15 is every bit as insignificant as the AK-47 held by someone in ISIS.  That said, there's no need for guns when citizens have shown the propensity to act against each other. The intelligent person would let the people destroy themselves by manipulating them, not attacking them.

As for the use of federal agencies to monitor and target US Citizens, this has been going on for far longer than the names you've mentioned. This is what our government has become because the citizens have turned a blind eye to it.

I'm not sure why you believe that Trump is not using them either. Trump is a figurehead, just as past Presidents were.

While I agree with your assessment of the general population, as a veteran, and one who has 2 sons currently serving, I do not subscribe to the Military ability to subdue a population such as ours. My sons, my comrades I served with and the ones they currently serve with all agree, they will not pick up arms against those that are actually attempting to uphold both the spirit and the existence of the Constitution.

As for Trump not using them, 2 years in to his time and there are 0 cases brought forth that he is, unlike the past administrations. And while I am no fan of his, I focus in on policy as opposed to mere noise, he has surprised me quite frankly. Most good, a few items not so good. I didn't vote for him, but I will if he continues pro US citizen policies.

22 hours ago, Hank said:

...waiting for the group think pack mentality idiots to label Scotty a racist....

What a ridiculous post.

If that's what you came away with from all of our posts, then you should just stop reading them, no, wait, actually, you should start reading them.

8 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

While I agree with your assessment of the general population, as a veteran, and one who has 2 sons currently serving, I do not subscribe to the Military ability to subdue a population such as ours. My sons, my comrades I served with and the ones they currently serve with all agree, they will not pick up arms against those that are actually attempting to uphold both the spirit and the existence of the Constitution.

As for Trump not using them, 2 years in to his time and there are 0 cases brought forth that he is, unlike the past administrations. And while I am no fan of his, I focus in on policy as opposed to mere noise, he has surprised me quite frankly. Most good, a few items not so good. I didn't vote for him, but I will if he continues pro US citizen policies.

A few quick things.

I highlighted ability because I think it's an inappropriate word to use here. There may be a division in what members of the military are willing to do but I do firmly believe they have the ability to do so.

I would like to think that upholding the spirit and existence of the Constitution would be something that military would want to preserve but I wonder how many different opinions exist within the military on what that means.  I certainly do not know, but I have to imagine it's much like the general population in which there are a wide range of opinions. So while some may feel the same, there are probably some who feel differently than you and the people you know.  Would that be accurate?

However, I don't think the United States needs to use its military for this purpose. We're doing an admirable job of attacking each other and tearing ourselves apart from within with little pushes along the way.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LTS said:

A few quick things.

I highlighted ability because I think it's an inappropriate word to use here. There may be a division in what members of the military are willing to do but I do firmly believe they have the ability to do so.

I would like to think that upholding the spirit and existence of the Constitution would be something that military would want to preserve but I wonder how many different opinions exist within the military on what that means.  I certainly do not know, but I have to imagine it's much like the general population in which there are a wide range of opinions. So while some may feel the same, there are probably some who feel differently than you and the people you know.  Would that be accurate?

However, I don't think the United States needs to use its military for this purpose. We're doing an admirable job of attacking each other and tearing ourselves apart from within with little pushes along the way.

I should have expanded beyond ability to incorporate the fact that our armed forces are a citizen volunteer force. Ask yourself this, your in uniform, the President suspends Posse Comotatis and orders you to fire on mom and dad, would you?

As for attacking each other, I completely agree. No longer do we sit down and actually speak to one another, which appears to me in any event, to be one of the core problems. The media plays a part in this as well in my opinion, sensationalist story coverage of tragic events committed by small groups or individuals. Opiods, car accidents, suicides, all tale many 1000's more lives annually then political or ideological based attacks with guns, yet politicians and the media play a game of spotlighting those lesser attributal tragedies than the others. We all know the reasons for this, it's akin to saying sex sells.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:24 PM, Scottysabres said:

I don't understand the last sentence? Are you saying he is dumb and that is why he doesn't use those agencies on Americans? I would hazard a guess that those agencies are still targeting Americans regardless of the president. 

18 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

His tax cut has ballooned the national debt and his tariffs have been shown to hurt the US more than helping it. He hasn't help US citizens at all and now the stock market is falling. It lost all the gains it made last year. His pro america talk is isolationist nationalist BS. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

His tax cut has ballooned the national debt and his tariffs have been shown to hurt the US more than helping it. He hasn't help US citizens at all and now the stock market is falling. It lost all the gains it made last year. His pro america talk is isolationist nationalist BS. 

Actually, it hasn't. Under Trumps 1st two years, the national debt has gone up below the prior 7 years of his taking office.

Tarrifs are a tool, like many others they have positive and negative net effects. The positives in this case, manufacturing, far surpass the negatives.

And it's not isolationist nationalist, as you prescribe, it is nationalist, as it should be, after all, no one globally is to take care of America but Americans. He's not solving every trade issue with one or even two terms, but he is putting 8n place the foundation to do so.

If you honestly believe America didn't need to address these issues, I can't help that, in my lifetime, it is very clear they needed to be addressed.

45 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Tarrifs are a tool, like many others they have positive and negative net effects. The positives in this case, manufacturing, far surpass the negatives.

And it's not isolationist nationalist, as you prescribe, it is nationalist, as it should be, after all, no one globally is to take care of America but Americans. He's not solving every trade issue with one or even two terms, but he is putting 8n place the foundation to do so.

If you honestly believe America didn't need to address these issues, I can't help that, in my lifetime, it is very clear they needed to be addressed.

Manufacturing jobs are still going away. It didn't even slow the trend. 

That distinction doesn't make it better IMPO.

The issues of trade? the issues of manufacturing? Which issues? I think America had issues to address but you aren't listening to what I am saying. It isn't that he addressed them, it is how he addressed. Tariff's hurt us and are hurting us. Take a look at the stock market, there's a reason it's seeing such a drastic decline from 1 year ago. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-trade-war-tariffs-china-effect-2018-10

There are other ways to work with China than Tariff's and manufacturing jobs will never return in the numbers needed. The US is a service economy more or less. The thing I would be more targeting is China's stealing of intellectual property.

Edited by LGR4GM

So, a radicalized republican sends a bunch of bombs to people that have different political views than he does, and a racist shoots a bunch people, and the president says the biggest threat to our country is the media.

Hank, this is my answer to this question.

57 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Actually, it hasn't. Under Trumps 1st two years, the national debt has gone up below the prior 7 years of his taking office.

I've seen it reported that the level of the debt's growth (as a percentage of the existing debt) has slowed under Trump's administration.

They are still tacking on a cool trillion+ per year, by most estimates, though. The debt continues to swell at totally unsustainable levels.

28 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I've seen it reported that the level of the debt's growth (as a percentage of the existing debt) has slowed under Trump's administration.

They are still tacking on a cool trillion+ per year, by most estimates, though. The debt continues to swell at totally unsustainable levels.

I agree.

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I agree.

I have a friend from childhood who lives in central NYS. He's an accountant. From everything I can tell (and I have various channels (shared friends, etc.)), he is a good dad, a devoted husband, an active member of his local church, a little league coach, yadda yadda yadda. 

He's also a "prepper." These are people who are planning to survive a major disruption to our modern way of living. This is often portrayed as wing nuts who are concerned with a zombie apocalypse, or whatever. While my friend enjoys the zombie trope, that's not why he preps. And he also doesn't prep because of a fear that a solar storm will devastate the electrical grid, or an asteroid will bring on a new ice age.

No. He thinks that the debts of first world nations will eventually cause the entire global economic system to collapse in on and itself. Like a building being demo'd.

This guy is super normal. Every now and then, I wake up in a panic, out of a dream in which the major disruption was underway, and I was unprepared.

The most I do is to keep everyone's bicycles in good running condition. We could probably make it to my friend's home in 4-6 days.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have a friend from childhood who lives in central NYS. He's an accountant. From everything I can tell (and I have various channels (shared friends, etc.)), he is a good dad, a devoted husband, an active member of his local church, a little league coach, yadda yadda yadda. 

He's also a "prepper." These are people who are planning to survive a major disruption to our modern way of living. This is often portrayed as wing nuts who are concerned with a zombie apocalypse, or whatever. While my friend enjoys the zombie trope, that's not why he preps. And he also doesn't prep because of a fear that a solar storm will devastate the electrical grid, or an asteroid will bring on a new ice age.

No. He thinks that the debts of first world nations will eventually cause the entire global economic system to collapse in on and itself. Like a building being demo'd.

This guy is super normal. Every now and then, I wake up in a panic, out of a dream in which the major disruption was underway, and I was unprepared.

The most I do is to keep everyone's bicycles in good running condition. We could probably make it to my friend's home in 4-6 days.

While I'm not a prepper, I happen to agree with the premise of a financial collapse. I was and still am a Ron Paul supporter. I believe he was accurate in his assessment of the current situation.

I am not privy to all of the programs the Federal government is spending on, but cuts have to be made.

15 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

While I'm not a prepper, I happen to agree with the premise of a financial collapse. I was and still am a Ron Paul supporter. I believe he was accurate in his assessment of the current situation.

I am not privy to all of the programs the Federal government is spending on, but cuts have to be made.

They just did that. They cut taxes and kept spending the same.