Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Apparently white collar crime isn't a crime Trump wants punished here.

Unless your name is Biden or Clinton.

But wouldn’t that fall under cleaning up the corrupt government politicians and returning the rule of law to the US?  I feel like someone said they were going to do that kind of stuff.  They may have even promised it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/us/politics/us-coronavirus-pence.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pence-will-control-all-coronavirus-messaging-from-health-officials/ar-BB10u219

Nothing like a science denier control messaging about the virus. Wonder when Pence will tell us only "the gays" and "the immigrants" are responsible and we start putting US citizens in camps. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/us/politics/us-coronavirus-pence.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pence-will-control-all-coronavirus-messaging-from-health-officials/ar-BB10u219

Nothing like a science denier control messaging about the virus. Wonder when Pence will tell us only "the gays" and "the immigrants" are responsible and we start putting US citizens in camps. 

I'm not a Pence fan either, but you're better than this. 

28 minutes ago, Hank said:

No. Mike Pence is a science denier. Any science that does not fit his world view is denied. I am better but Pence is not. And yes I do believe he will blame someone else for the spread of the virus because we already see it. Immigrants are blamed for crime and an entire list of other things in this country even though all the stats say that immigrants are a positive impact. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mike-pence-coronavirus-hiv-indiana-smoking-conversion-therapy-a9364026.html

10 hours ago, Hank said:

Bull. What LGR said about Pence really isn't that much of a stretch. Pence was going to put discriminatory legislation through until his state's biggest employer went to him and said he would move his entire business out and he would lose all those tax dollars. He's not a good guy.

2 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

It's fine, didn't the orange man assure us it will go away come springtime?

I always thought the orange man thing was funny. On one hand he is of unnatural color and I admit he looks like something from The Jersey Shore. On the other hand if someone referred to a non white politician by calling them “color-gender” the world would stop spinning. Yes he did it to himself presumably by spray tan or too much time in a tanning bed. It still makes me laugh that those who don’t like Trump use his physical appearance as a punch line. 

4 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

It still makes me laugh that those who don’t like Trump use his physical appearance as a punch line.

Not all of them. In fact, I’m willing to wager that a majority of them don’t. I’m also willing to wager that some that support him also make jokes about his appearance. It serves him right because, as you’ve noted, he’s done it to himself. How many times/ways has he made fun of other peoples looks? He’s a vile personality that can’t escape the clutches of karma. No one can.

You can lie about crowd size, accepting Russia's help and making up fake crap  about a former President and a possible future opponent, but lying about something that has killed people will come back and bite him in the ass

8 hours ago, Frieda said:

You can lie about crowd size, accepting Russia's help and making up fake crap  about a former President and a possible future opponent, but lying about something that has killed people will come back and bite him in the ass

What has lied about that has killed people?

16 hours ago, Frieda said:

Just going to say it now, no it won't. Nothing he has said has had a negative impact on his base.

6 hours ago, Frieda said:

"We have it under control, it's going to go away, it's a hoax,  low risk to the American public, we've done a great job keeping it to a minimum"

Can you send a link to that please. As written it sounds like you credit Trump for saying the virus is a hoax.

Edited by SABRES 0311

47 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Can you send a link to that please. As written it sounds like you credit Trump for saying the virus is a hoax.

He didn't say the virus is a hoax.  He said the Democrats are using it as a political weapon and that the Dems claims are a hoax.  Granted, he didn't actually say what claims.  I can only assume he's referring to the criticism of his choice of actions in response to the virus' threat (ie. Pence in charge of it) and his public statements minimizing the concern.  Frankly, I think he's in a bit of a panic because the one good thing that has happened under is rule is rapidly falling apart in response to the virus' threats (the stock market).

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus,” Trump said. “They have no clue, they can't even count their votes in Iowa. This is their new hoax,” Trump continued, adding that attacking the White House’s response to the coronavirus had become the Democratic Party’s “single talking point.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-coronavirus-democrats-new-hoax-n1145721

22 minutes ago, Weave said:

He didn't say the virus is a hoax.  He said the Democrats are using it as a political weapon and that the Dems claims are a hoax.  Granted, he didn't actually say what claims.  I can only assume he's referring to the criticism of his choice of actions in response to the virus' threat (ie. Pence in charge of it) and his public statements minimizing the concern.  Frankly, I think he's in a bit of a panic because the one good thing that has happened under is rule is rapidly falling apart in response to the virus' threats (the stock market).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-coronavirus-democrats-new-hoax-n1145721

If he didn’t say the virus is a hoax then why post something making it sound like he did? It’s rhetorical.

I think he’s worried as well as a lot of officials worldwide. So far one American has died and symptoms can stay dormant for 14 days I think. Good way to create panic. 

The original post claims Trump is lying about the virus. Which part? I agree saying Pence is the right guy to handle might fall into a lie. Time will tell. 

On 3/1/2020 at 4:18 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

If he didn’t say the virus is a hoax then why post something making it sound like he did? It’s rhetorical.

I think he’s worried as well as a lot of officials worldwide. So far one American has died and symptoms can stay dormant for 14 days I think. Good way to create panic. 

The original post claims Trump is lying about the virus. Which part? I agree saying Pence is the right guy to handle might fall into a lie. Time will tell. 

Just clarifying, 2 in the US have now died, and there seems to be a possibly community spread outbreak in Washington State.

UPDATE:  Its now 6 and definitely spreading in Washington State.

Edited by Curt

On 3/1/2020 at 8:02 AM, Frieda said:

"We have it under control, it's going to go away, it's a hoax,  low risk to the American public, we've done a great job keeping it to a minimum"

The way Trump has politicized coronavirus is idiotic, but I cannot find that quote anywhere.  Where is it from?