Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

It can't hurt. Friday nights are usually bigger draws. Also, no Yankees, World Series, or local sports taking center stage as has been the case almost every other home game so far. Those things hurt attendance in the small hockey community that is Rochester. Wonder if RIT is off as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Massive line brawl with Villeaux, Smith and Cornel after Dalton gave a bear a rough ride. 

Villeaux (god I love that name) and Smith treat their pugilists like teddy bears and wallop them. 

It was nice to spend 7 bucks on this rather than 50 on tickets, 10 on parking, 30 on beer, and 20 on food. 

Edited by inkman

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Massive line brawl with Villeaux, Smith and Cornel after Dalton gave a bear a rough ride. 

Villeaux (god I love that name) and Smith treat their pugilists like teddy bears and wallop them. 

It was nice to spend 7 bucks on this rather than 50 on tickets, 10 on parking, 30 on beer, and 20 on food. 

Ordinarily I’d disagree about watching at home but I’m completely surrounded by douche bags tonight. 

And never pay to park man. Always free spots on Irving and Fitzpatrick.

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I will 100% take you up on that if someone hasn’t already pounced.

Got a charity you support?

They're yours, Hoss.

To the bolded, you mean besides the universities that my kids & disposable money go to?  I do, but you don't need to support them.  Like I said, should our paths ever cross, you can buy me a cold one.

Send me a PM with a way for me to get the tix to you.  

8 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Ordinarily I’d disagree about watching at home but I’m completely surrounded by douche bags tonight. 

And never pay to park man. Always free spots on Irving and Fitzpatrick.

Always with 4 year old. Parking in the connected garage is a must. His tiny little legs aren't gonna make that hike let alone take on whatever weather the 585 is throwing at us on a particular Eve. 

I didn’t realize Inky jr went to so many games. Just wait until you’re buying beers for 2!! 

Bailey is unbelievably fast but I have never seen a man his size so easily overpowered so frequently. He’s almost a waste of a roster spot.

20 minutes ago, inkman said:

Amerks lose 4-2

They really played a good game.  Except Wedgie. He sucked big time. I was afraid of goaltending coming into the season. They should play Wilcox a bit more. He played well last year when Ullmark was injured.

Also...it seemed to be weirdo night. My wife and I joke about a portal that opens in the BCA occasionally and let’s in all sorts of bizarre peeps, just sucks em right in. 

Maybe the portal is real? Maybe it was just the free Zweigles? Maybe we’ll never know?

14 hours ago, Taro T said:

They're yours, Hoss.

To the bolded, you mean besides the universities that my kids & disposable money go to?  I do, but you don't need to support them.  Like I said, should our paths ever cross, you can buy me a cold one.

Send me a PM with a way for me to get the tix to you.  

Will do. Thanks!

For everyone plugging Nylander into the lineup sooner rather than later.

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2018/11/03/poor-first-period-ends-the-amerks-point-streak/

Alex Nylander appeared back to old ways on Friday night. His overall play has been better this season but after missing an assignment on the first goal and not having a shot on net he was essentially benched in the third period. He had two shifts totaling less than a minute of ice time with his second shift ending with 15:27 remaining in the third period. There didn’t appear to be anyone else benched in the third period.

1 minute ago, inkman said:

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2018/11/03/poor-first-period-ends-the-amerks-point-streak/

Alex Nylander appeared back to old ways on Friday night. His overall play has been better this season but after missing an assignment on the first goal and not having a shot on net he was essentially benched in the third period. He had two shifts totaling less than a minute of ice time with his second shift ending with 15:27 remaining in the third period. There didn’t appear to be anyone else benched in the third period.

That is very discouraging to read. Damn. 

Maybe he wasn't ready but many of us thought Nylander's excellent preseason should have translated into a role with the Sabres. He seems to be regressing or reverting to Nylander of past seasons. I'm seriously worried we are getting into Marek Zagrapan territory here. 

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

Trade him already

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.