Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

He was missed in last night’s loss. Guhle had more ice time and was horrible. He was living that dream that you’re out on the ice and realize that you’re pantless. He had multiple turnovers. One in particular, a drop pass from Olofsson that he literally passed directly to a Comet right in front of the net. We had just tied the Fn game too. When they announced the unassisted goal I laughed. They never recovered. If I were GM after that game he would have been on the bus for Cincinnati.

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Pilut now a +22 in just 17 games....myyyyy goodness

39 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Guhle doesn't seem to be reacting too well to being shuffled down the priority order. He went from being on the precipice of the league to being passed over by at least 2 players (dahlia and pilut). If push came to shove you'd have to wonder if they'd bring Redmond up ahead of him. He went from being the only dog in the window to surrounded by more attractive choices. Gotta wonder if it's messing with his head and he's now pressing, trying to impress and regain his status.

He’s still young and learning. Developing players rarely happens in a straight line — there are lots of ups and downs. Up in Buffalo, we were all ready to drive Tags Thompson down to Rochester...literally this month. (Check the GDT for the Pittsburgh game from Monday.)

Guhle has a ton of talent and has already played pretty well in his NHL appearances. I’m fine giving him time. Jason Pominville played over 200 AHL games before becoming a full time NHL player.

In other Amerks news, they were back to winning tonight with Pilut back in the lineup. Nylander had an ENG and made a nice play to set up Porter for a goal as well so he’s coming on. And Guhle had an assist. ?

Edited by Robviously

Is their any organization playing better then Sabres/Amerks?  Even the Cinn Cyclones are 12-4-2 and are in 3rd in the ECHL but with 3 games in hand and only 3 points behind the 1st place team. Glotov 14 pts in 18 games

Buffalo16-6-2 34 pts , 1st in the Atlantic, 1st in the East and 1st in the NHL

Rochester 12-5-2 26pts, 1st in the North

Cincinnati 12-4-2 26pts

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Is their any organization playing better then Sabres/Amerks?  Even the Cinn Cyclones are 12-4-2 and are in 3rd in the ECHL but with 3 games in hand and only 3 points behind the 1st place team. Glotov 14 pts in 18 games

Buffalo16-6-2 34 pts , 1st in the Atlantic, 1st in the East and 1st in the NHL

Rochester 12-5-2 26pts, 1st in the North

Cincinnati 12-4-2 26pts

I thought JBot was a little nutty with all the AHL signings given th amount of prospects in Rochester but after looking at the Cyclones roster, its quickly evident what he was doing. Tons of not good AHLers on that Cincy roster who were FULL TIME AMERKS last season. I thought Stevens, Atwal, Vail and Vaive we're good enough to fill out the bottom of the roster. Maybe Cincinnati's.  Holy smokes, JBot actually knows what the ***** he is doing. Me, not so much.

16 minutes ago, inkman said:

I thought JBot was a little nutty with all the AHL signings given th amount of prospects in Rochester but after looking at the Cyclones roster, its quickly evident what he was doing. Tons of not good AHLers on that Cincy roster who were FULL TIME AMERKS last season. I thought Stevens, Atwal, Vail and Vaive we're good enough to fill out the bottom of the roster. Maybe Cincinnati's.  Holy smokes, JBot actually knows what the ***** he is doing. Me, not so much.

Jbot makes you realize how awful TM really was.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Jbot makes you realize how awful TM really was.  

Botterill was one of PLF’s Interviews prior to GMTM being hired, who knows where the team would be now had he been hired in 2014. 

And Yes the chances of Rasmus Dahlin being here would be significantly reduced.

Edited by Brawndo

On 11/24/2018 at 11:05 PM, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Guhle doesn't seem to be reacting too well to being shuffled down the priority order. He went from being on the precipice of the league to being passed over by at least 2 players (dahlia and pilut). If push came to shove you'd have to wonder if they'd bring Redmond up ahead of him. He went from being the only dog in the window to surrounded by more attractive choices. Gotta wonder if it's messing with his head and he's now pressing, trying to impress and regain his status.

Redmond doesn't have an NHL contract, so he won't be getting called up.  They'd have to sign him in order to do that.  He knew what his role would be this year and he willingly signed up for it.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually playing a big part in his performance.  He knows where he's going to be and he's comfortable.

Guhle looked much better. He still had moments he looked confused but he wasn’t turning it over and had some good plays in Penguins territory. Borgen is starting to really get physical and it’s getting me all flustered. He was in the process of dropping the gloves when MacWilliams threw that hit. Throw in Dalton too. Taylor likes to get rough. I like it. It gets teams off their game.

Wedgewood was a force field. 

Nylander was meh. That delay of game was stupid, sloppy and not even necessary. 

They go again tonight in Binghamton. 

37 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

They’ve been playing .500 hockey for 3 weeks now, including some ugly losses to Springfield, Utica and the game tonight. They haven’t looked good in a long time and have been downright bad far too often. 

I wouldn’t say they were terrible tonight. I said ugly. You wouldn’t tell an ugly friend they looked terrible, would you? I wouldn’t even tell them that they’re ugly. That sheet is relative. To some I’m an Ogre. To others I’m a prince.

They have regressed a bit on offense. Getting some bad bounces right now. Wedgwood on the other hand deserves first star in the last two games IMO. I’m still not sold but he has been on fire. They have a tough fight with the Crunch surging but I’m not worried about playoffs.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

I wouldn’t say they were terrible tonight. I said ugly. You wouldn’t tell an ugly friend they looked terrible, would you? I wouldn’t even tell them that they’re ugly. That sheet is relative. To some I’m an Ogre. To others I’m a prince.

They have regressed a bit on offense. Getting some bad bounces right now. Wedgwood on the other hand deserves first star in the last two games IMO. I’m still not sold but he has been on fire. They have a tough fight with the Crunch surging but I’m not worried about playoffs.

Playoffs aren’t a concern, but they’re not anywhere near as good as their record would indicate. A sticking point is Sexton was very clear in labeling the Amerks as a Calder Cup contender in preseason interviews. Considering he largely put this team together, I don’t agree, and he deserves to be held accountable. They have lacked a number 1 center all year, which be acknowledged himself, too many players aren’t producing, special teams have been bad and the goaltending has been inconsistent. 

Take away Redmond’s crazy start and Pilut’s strong play and you don’t have much of a team. 

9 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

Take away Redmond’s crazy start and Pilut’s strong play and you don’t have much of a team. 

JC Focker.....it’s just a game!

Seriously though, 

Olofsson 19 pts in 18 gp 

CJ Smith 17 pts in 21 gp

Nylander 17 pts in 21 gp

With Redmond and Pilut that’s 5 players playing at ppg pace.

Then you have...

Bailey 

O’Regan

Criscuolo

Guhle

Dougherty

Malone

Simpson....

All producing around 1/2 pts per game and 

Porter producing slightly higher with 14 pts in  21 gp.

Goaltending has been shaky but.....

Maybe we are just watching different teams or something? 

21 minutes ago, Ogre said:

JC Focker.....it’s just a game!

Seriously though, 

Olofsson 19 pts in 18 gp 

CJ Smith 17 pts in 21 gp

Nylander 17 pts in 21 gp

With Redmond and Pilut that’s 5 players playing at ppg pace.

Then you have...

Bailey 

O’Regan

Criscuolo

Guhle

Dougherty

Malone

Simpson....

All producing around 1/2 pts per game and 

Porter producing slightly higher with 14 pts in  21 gp.

Goaltending has been shaky but.....

Maybe we are just watching different teams or something? 

Much of that production came in October when they were hot and scoring 4 or 5 goals a game. They scored 1 goal this weekend. If you actually watch them, you can’t possibly say they’ve been any good the last 3 weeks. 

Edited by Amerks8796

12 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Much of that production came in October when they were hot and scoring 4 or 5 goals a game. They scored 1 goal this weekend. If you actually watch them, you can’t possibly say they’ve been any good the last 3 weeks. 

I’m not judging their worth on 3 games. They completely botched their first two games and went on to lead the division since. 

And they 1-0 on Friday. I believe sog were pretty darn even too. I know. I seen it.

They’ve gone through a 3/3/1 stretch in the past three weeks. Before that they were 10/3/1.

Why do you think the past three weeks is the true reflection of the team?

22 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.