Ristolainen, O'Regan and Baptiste - Sabres Next Season?

GASabresIUFAN

Who will Be Sabres Next Year  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Ristolainen

• Young scoring D are impossible to find - No way Jbot trades him - On opening roster
    • Traded to get Jack some wingers.
  2. 2. O'Regan (RFA)

• Signed to a deal and makes the Sabres as the 4th line center
    • Signed to a deal, but starts the year in Rochester
    • No qualifying offer is made and he becomes a UFA
    • Qualifying offer made, but rights traded away
  3. 3. Baptiste (RFA)

• Signed to a new deal and makes the team as a 3rd or 4th line RW
    • Signed to a new deal, but struggles in camp and is sent down to start the season
    • No qualifying offer made and he becomes a UFA
    • Qualifying offer made, but rights traded away

If you are looking for something, ANYTHING to hold on to in hopes Baptiste will pan out....since he was drafted, he ranks 5th on the Sabres in terms of goals per 60 minutes of ice time.  Only Eichel, McGinn, Kane, and Reinhart are better....hes above O'Reilly, Okposo, Pominville, and everyone else.

Its not much to hang your hat on...he only has 47 NHL games played and doesn't get a ton of minutes...but he does score at a rate better than just about anyone else on the 3rd or 4th line...in a small sample size.

Hopefully Baptiste and Bailey are full time in Buffalo next season and i am also hoping that Oloffson at least finishes the season with the Sabres. Also got a feeling Sean Malone could earn the 4th line center spot.

Malone probably isn't ready for full-time NHL duty, but the local kid is very likely to get a callup during next season.

I'm also curious if Blackwell earned a two way NHL contract with his play last season for the Amerks.  I wouldn't mind seeing if he can play in the NHL.

I don't mean to nitpick (okay, I do), but this is sorta like saying GMC sucks but I'd settle for a Chevy.

Hmm, Hyundai owns part of Kia. Who knew?

And I'd never settle for a GMC or a Chevy. Good Lord

I think if our defense improves nd we find a decent and consistent answer in goal we will compete for playoffs. Goaltending major question mark. We also need to find help on wing unless someone in the organization surprises.

I think if our defense improves nd we find a decent and consistent answer in goal we will compete for playoffs. Goaltending major question mark. We also need to find help on wing unless someone in the organization surprises.

So defensive improvement, goalie, and wingers... basically 3/4 of the team needs to be better.

Why the hate for GMC and Chevy? The Sierra and Silverado are great trucks, and Chevy's line of cars and crossovers is quite good these days--this isn't the early 2000s.

why do so many dudes who have little to no need to haul anything own a pickup?

As someone who owned a Suburban for years even though it was completely unnecessary, it's about comfort and ride height. Crew cab trucks with short beds are basically the modern replacement for the big family sedans of yore. They aren't for hauling.

As someone who owned a Suburban for years even though it was completely unnecessary, it's about comfort and ride height. Crew cab trucks with short beds are basically the modern replacement for the big family sedans of yore. They aren't for hauling.

A heck of a sacrifice for 18 MPG.

I don't get the pickup unless you have a specific need for it, but a nice crossover/SUV makes a ton of sense for many people. Have a family? A bigger dog? Drive in crappy weather?** Want to be able to buy appliances without worrying about delivery price/timing? Perfect!

**Front-wheel standard on crossovers is the dumbest thing the automotive industry is currently doing. AWD should be standard. 

Hence the reason I'll stick with my Japanese and German cars.

Well la dee freakin' da :rolleyes:

A heck of a sacrifice for 18 MPG.

True enough for pickups, but midsize crossovers will normally have you in the mid-20s.

I don't get the pickup unless you have a specific need for it, but a nice crossover/SUV makes a ton of sense for many people. Have a family? A bigger dog? Drive in crappy weather?** Want to be able to buy appliances without worrying about delivery price/timing? Perfect!

**Front-wheel standard on crossovers is the dumbest thing the automotive industry is currently doing. AWD should be standard.

AWD is a waste of money. Have fun replacing all four tires if one gets a flat. 2WD or traditional 4WD are the only options in my book.

AWD is a waste of money. Have fun replacing all four tires if one gets a flat. 2WD or traditional 4WD are the only options in my book.

Eh, I have yet to have a flat tire that isn't easily repaired by a patch. I know it can happen, but it seems to be a pretty weak reason to reject a superior drievtrain. I agree with you on traditional 4WD, but that's gone the way of the dodo in practical vehicles, so whatever.

Eh, I have yet to have a flat tire that isn't easily repaired by a patch. I know it can happen, but it seems to be a pretty weak reason to reject a superior drievtrain. I agree with you on traditional 4WD, but that's gone the way of the dodo in practical vehicles, so whatever.

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. On a long enough timeline...

And when it does, you're gonna be cursing AWD up and down. :lol:

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. On a long enough timeline...

And when it does, you're gonna be cursing AWD up and down. :lol:

I just don't think trying to avoid a once or twice in a lifetime thing is worth sacrificing the merits of AWD if you live in a snowy climate. After all, half the reason I'm even remotely interested in a crossover is for winter driving (and yes, I realize that people in southern climates only needing 2WD are one of the big reasons it's standard, but I'm on a roll, leave me alone!). I'm probably 4-5 years away from having the money for the crossover I want, so I'll probably stick with a car next summer when I get a new one, but you can bet whenever I get a crossover I'll be getting AWD unless I live in southern California or something.

One thing I think we might be able to agree on: digital speedometers are the freaking worst. I can't stand the way they look. Give me a good ol' analog dial any and every day.

True enough for pickups, but midsize crossovers will normally have you in the mid-20s.

I have a Grand Cherokee so I completely understand. I also have a V8 for no reason other than its what was under the hood for the exact vehicle I wanted. Having the 5.7 liter Hemi 360 HP is nice when I gotta blast by fools and towing a boat or small building. (:lol:)

I just don't think trying to avoid a once or twice in a lifetime thing is worth sacrificing the merits of AWD if you live in a snowy climate. After all, half the reason I'm even remotely interested in a crossover is for winter driving (and yes, I realize that people in southern climates only needing 2WD are one of the big reasons it's standard, but I'm on a roll, leave me alone!). I'm probably 4-5 years away from having the money for the crossover I want, so I'll probably stick with a car next summer when I get a new one, but you can bet whenever I get a crossover I'll be getting AWD unless I live in southern California or something.

One thing I think we might be able to agree on: digital speedometers are the freaking worst. I can't stand the way they look. Give me a good ol' analog dial any and every day.

I won't buy a car with a digital speedo. I'm also on the fence about ever owning another car with a touch screen. Or at least not one that isn't easily replaced. I'm out in Rochester right now picking up a junkyard infotainment screen for my Impala because the dealer wants $1100 to replace it.

Trucks aren't like this, especially if you're sticking to the lower trims. I understand a lot of truck buyers opt for luxo trucks, but there are plenty of us who just want something simple, durable, useful and comfortable. The initial pricetag, especially with all the manufacturer incentives, ends up making you look at a well optioned crossover like "this is a bad idea."

I have a Grand Cherokee so I completely understand. I also have a V8 for no reason other than its what was under the hood for the exact vehicle I wanted. Having the 5.7 liter Hemi 360 HP is nice when I gotta blast by fools and towing a boat or small building. ( :lol:)

Those are fantastic! My brother-in-law just got one last year and it was the first time I've ever thought I might want to have something other than a sporty/ish car. 

I won't buy a car with a digital speedo. I'm also on the fence about ever owning another car with a touch screen. Or at least not one that isn't easily replaced. I'm out in Rochester right now picking up a junkyard infotainment screen for my Impala because the dealer wants $1100 to replace it.

Trucks aren't like this, especially if you're sticking to the lower trims. I understand a lot of truck buyers opt for luxo trucks, but there are plenty of us who just want something simple, durable, useful and comfortable. The initial pricetag, especially with all the manufacturer incentives, ends up making you look at a well optioned crossover like "this is a bad idea."

As with most things, it all depends what you're looking for. For my purposes, a truck would never be on my list, even if financially it were a good deal. 

Those are fantastic! My brother-in-law just got one last year and it was the first time I've ever thought I might want to have something other than a sporty/ish car.

As with most things, it all depends what you're looking for. For my purposes, a truck would never be on my list, even if financially it were a good deal.

I'm the wrong person to ask anyway. I hate everything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.