Bealieau, Wilson, & Guhle - Sabres Next Season?

GASabresIUFAN

More Roster Sports  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Bealieau

• Makes the Sabres opening day roster
    • Jbot trades him this off-season
    • He is sent to the AHL
    • He is bought out
  2. 2. Wilson (RFA)

• Signs a deal this off-season and makes the club
    • Qualifying offer made and the his rights are traded
    • Signed, but doesn't make the team and is sent to the minors
    • Is not even offered a qualifying deal and becomes a UFA
  3. 3. Guhle

• Wins a job in camp and is on the Sabres opening night roster
    • Loses the D battle and is sent down to Rochester
    • Traded in a deal to bring a veteran player to Buffalo

Getting rid of Baloo is easy. Send him to the AHL. We’d save about 1mill in cap and if someone grabs him on waivers he’s gone permanently. I doubt Jbot wants to lose him for nothing but if he truly wants him gone that’s the process.

We could do the same with Bogo. I’m not sure how Kim would feel about burying 12.5 mill in payroll in the AHL, but it could be done.

Getting rid of Baloo is easy. Send him to the AHL. We’d save about 1mill in cap and if someone grabs him on waivers he’s gone permanently. I doubt Jbot wants to lose him for nothing but if he truly wants him gone that’s the process.

We could do the same with Bogo. I’m not sure how Kim would feel about burying 12.5 mill in payroll in the AHL, but it could be done.

Moulson only makes $2 million in real money this year. Kind of why I'm hoping and think it's possible a cap floor team takes him on this offseason.

Just Arizona and Carolina. They are the only teams near the floor that could want to make such a move. Arizona is young and could use a veteran. Carolina has a cheap owner and they could basically get 5mil against the cap on July 2nd for only 2mil in actual money. Moulson gets 1mil in a signing bonus on July 1. 

I want Beauliue gone. He was not smart enough for Housley's system. Unless a miracle happens he's at best a 6 or 7 on my team. I think we have enough 6s

We are getting deeper each season now at D and Bealieu might just be the odd man out. I like him but not sure that he is doing what I hoped he would. No offensive output, not great on defense and just does not make us better

Had he gotten 3/4's the opportunity that Housley's Golden Beaulieu received, perhaps he wouldn't be heading back & the Sabres would be better off.

This is a main reason I'm skeptical of Housley. Antipin was better and yet we kept seeing Housley's favorite suck.

This is a main reason I'm skeptical of Housley. Antipin was better and yet we kept seeing Housley's favorite suck.

This is a bit of a myth

59 games, 1/8/9/-19 15:57 TOI versus

47 games, 0/10/10/-9 15:17 TOI

Beaulieu got 19 minutes or more in 7 of his first 10 games.

After Nov. 11, that happened 7 times for him and 6 times for Victor.

Basically, Housley gave the NHLer coming off a 29-point year the first month of the season in the top four to find his game and dropped him out when he consistently failed. Other than that, Beaulieu and Antipin were treated pretty much identically and neither performed very well.

Edited by dudacek

This is a bit of a myth

59 games, 1/8/9/-19 15:57 TOI versus

47 games, 0/10/10/-9 15:17 TOI

Beaulieu got 19 minutes or more in 7 of his first 10 games.

After Nov. 11, that happened 7 times for him and 6 times for Victor.

Basically, Housley gave the NHLer coming off a 29-point year the first month of the season in the top four to find his game and dropped him out when he consistently failed. Other than that, Beaulieu and Antipin were treated pretty much identically and neither performed very well.

Good research.

Roster according to our votes so far

1) I’m going to assume Jack, ROR, Scandella, Dahlin and Casey lineup for the Sabres next fall.

2) 1st poll group.

Larsson 69% no

Girgensons 51% no currently, but really only 1 vote different.

Bogo 69% yes

3) 2nd Poll group

Baloo - 57.5% no

Wilson - 80% yes

Guhle - 70% yes

Based on these results, I’m adding Bogo, Guhle and Wilson to next year’s roster.

Up next Ristolainen, O’Regan and Baptiste

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.