Round 3: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

You are a true fan, and I agree with all of this.

When someone come to a Sabres board and says,"Yeahhh!!! We're going to win the cup!", and he is not talking about the Sabres, he is not a true fan, and a troll, and needs to go away..

I agree. I think “Yeahhhh!!!! We’re going to win the cup!” was asking for it!

“Put ‘em up!”

You guys chase off a lot of people. I called this before the season started.

Funny thing is people keep crediting FLA for Vegas' success mentioning Marchesault & Smith, but totally forgetting to mention leaving the guy that should be coaching the Sabres to find his own way back home. ;)

Yeah, that must be it.

Not to get into that particular argument, but since GODD and X, you are the only person to leave this board because of the board. 

And making vague accusations about the nature of the board you haven't read for months just looks silly.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Not to get into that particular argument, but since GODD and X, you are the only person to leave this board because of the board. 

And making vague accusations about the nature of the board you haven't read for months just looks silly.

I'm the only one to leave the board? This place is a ghost town compared to a couple of years ago, and its not because of the Sabres' incompetence. 

Sorry. 

And I have read the board, just had absolutely no desire to debate. I already regret jumping back in. 

I'll be laughing my ass off when Gallant wins the Cup. Have a good night. 

I'm the only one to leave the board? This place is a ghost town compared to a couple of years ago, and its not because of the Sabres' incompetence. 

Sorry. 

And I have read the board, just had absolutely no desire to debate. I already regret jumping back in. 

"because of the board", not because of the hockey team. Please don't leave out half of my point.

The closest thing is millbank, but like you, he's been a regular about loudly leaving and then coming back. 

You regret because of this small discussion? I think you have a problem with someone disagreeing with you, not with how this board acts. 

Peace.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Sorry.

You don't regret it. You got tell us how right you were. Edited by SwampD

It is, and good for you. You’re allowed to like whatever teams you want.

I totally agree with this and probably started much of the back-and-forth by questioning the use of "we" in reference to Vegas. My thought is "we" refers to your one true team... if that's Vegas I have no problem with that. Anyone can root for whichever team they want. I'd have been happy as hell had the Preds beated the Pens in the Cup final last year (although my "we" will always be the Sabres).

I've posted it many times, but I didn't and don't like the new expansion draft rules (much different than in the last round of expansion). A new team was able to acquire too much talent, too quickly, while at the same time diminishing competition by taking a good player from them (e.g., James Neal from the Preds). And, if the argument is that this Vegas team isn't talented just disciplined defensively and well coached, then I this that says something bad about the NHL as a league. I, for one, want a league that rewards skill over "muck 'em out, ultra-defensive" play. But, that's a matter of opinion, of course.

So, to get back on topic. Who do I root for tomorrow if I really want Vegas to lose in the final? Who matches up better?

I kinda think Tampa.

Tampa is freaking sick when they want to be, but they've taken a lot of games off this season, even in this playoff run. Vegas doesn't let teams get away with that. 

If the Caps can break through these last two games, I can see them riding that all the way.

"because of the board", not because of the hockey team. Please don't leave out half of my point.

The closest thing is millbank, but like you, he's been a regular about loudly leaving and then coming back. 

You regret because of this small discussion? I think you have a problem with someone disagreeing with you, not with how this board acts. 

Peace.

I have no problem with anybody disagreeing with me. My regret is showing up and immediately getting attacked. This board is very unwelcoming.

Was hoping you'd show up. Congrats on being right on Gallant, think most of us if not all of us owe you that

Makes up for Enroth :P

Good to see ya JJ.

Funny thing is people keep crediting FLA for Vegas' success mentioning Marchesault & Smith, but totally forgetting to mention leaving the guy that should be coaching the Sabres to find his own way back home. ;)

I have no problem with anybody disagreeing with me. My regret is showing up and immediately getting attacked. This board is very unwelcoming.

Did I read that you got a new bass amp? WTF you doing still posting??  :D

Without sounding like I'm piling on, I'll try to nod curtly at this collection of posts.

Why are you yelling at me?

Man, this place is brutal.

I really can't wait until the Sabres don't suck.

God, I really hope that happens someday. I'm tired of feeling guilty that I don't have it in me to feel good about other teams being good. When is it some other teams' fans' turn to feel good about my team being good. I'm such crap.

The problem is, we have a horse that won 2 of 3 races and no godd here.... That's what's wrong with us.

Also, I think the caps are toast, they let go a golden opportunity to take out the bolts.... And a Vegas/bolts series may be some terribly boring "surgical" hockey

Just because you're getting your comeuppance doesn't mean you haven't been smug. Winnipeg is like the Bryan Smolinski of fanbases.

Will you marry me? By George you’ ve nailed it.

THIS is the fan experience here,

Signed, a Winnipeger.

‘Peg fans complaining that Vegas fans don’t deserve it, when 75% of Jets fans originated in 2011.

A welcomed reality check tonight. 4 straight losses.

“See you around, Kid”.

Go Sabres.

Edited by Thorny

Reminder: The #VGK were given a 2nd-round pick to take Marc-Andre Fleury, Jonathan Marchessault to take Reilly Smith, Alex Tuch to take Erik Haula, Shea Theodore to take Clayton Stoner and a 1st and 2nd to take William Karlsson and David Clarkson’s contract.

Really those gm's only got themselves to blame for this.   I can't really be pissed about all the stupid moves that happened.

Really those gm's only got themselves to blame for this.   I can't really be pissed about all the stupid moves that happened.

William Karlsson 2015 - 2016, 81 games - - - 9 goals 11 assists with CBJ 
William Karlsson 2016 - 2017, 81 games - - - 6 goals 19 assists with CBJ 
William Karlsson 2017 - 2018, 82 games - - - 43 goals 35 assists with VGK 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.