Game Experience: Russ Brandon weighs in

LGR4GM

They need to lower concession prices. Create adult only areas. Change the music selection. Make sabretooth fun again. Upgrade the arena to have more historical Sabres stuff. Add lights and interactive displays to the concourse, especially the 300.

That's just a start.

I like a lot of these ideas.  Personally, I would eliminate Sabretooth.  And I felt that way even before the incident that Taro witnessed at the meetup.

I don't think the concession prices are really high, are they?  I just think the food quality is poor.  Come to think of it, the beverage prices are insane.  I think it's $4 for a pint of water.  I don't drink beer at games so I can't speak to that.  The food prices aren't horrible, though.  They could find a way for it to take less than half a period for my father to get an ice cream, though.

Not sure what you mean by interactive displays.  Example?

And music, I love it when it's the organ.

I can get a 20oz blue light at a bar for 5$ or at a Sabres game a 24oz is 11$. Seems a little high.

In the bigger parts of the concourse. Have a touchscreen display that shows Sabres history or important moments. Archived video from early games. You can select a decade or a player and see some highlights.

Wait, what incident?

Furry banged his stupid drum about ten inches from my left ear.  (We were sitting on an aisle right next to the corridor.)

But the time I really almost decked it was when it stuck its paw in between me and the ATM as I was retrieving money a few years ago.  Really, you think I'm going to distinguish between your stupid furry alter ego and a legit criminal on a split-second basis like that?  My fist stopped about eight inches from its "face."  And I'm punching up.

Also: Bring back the guy with the trumpet.

Bring in a pep band like college. Start thinking of things to get the entire arena to do. Look up Georgia, 4th quarter start. Just something that's a coordinated tradition

Better yet, hand out vuvuzelas.

At least it would be fun.

How about a season ticket section in the 100s. Adults only and you can't sell your seats to opposing fans. Sabres fans only

I can get a 20oz blue light at a bar for 5$ or at a Sabres game a 24oz is 11$. Seems a little high.

In the bigger parts of the concourse. Have a touchscreen display that shows Sabres history or important moments. Archived video from early games. You can select a decade or a player and see some highlights.

A bottle of Blue at a decent bar is 12 oz for about $4-$5, no?  (Unless it's a special that night or something.)  Not sure, I don't drink it, but I've certainly bought rounds for friends in my time.

Bring in a pep band like college. Start thinking of things to get the entire arena to do. Look up Georgia, 4th quarter start. Just something that's a coordinated tradition

At least it would be fun.

How about a season ticket section in the 100s. Adults only and you can't sell your seats to opposing fans. Sabres fans only

LOVE the pep band idea.

Hate the can't sell my seats idea.  This isn't Carolina and we don't need to act like it is.

Explain it, and then I'll tell you why it won't work. 

Carolina did it with restricting the zip codes of the buyers.

It's stupid.

I don't think it has been mentioned, but if The Earl of Bud is still around they need to bring him back.

He retired 20 years ago.  Last I knew, he was living in Virginia.

Carolina did it with restricting the zip codes of the buyers.

It's stupid.

If that is the solution then all of the Buffalo transplants who want to come to games when they're here at the holidays suddenly become locked out. That seems...extremely unprofessional.

Lol I'd have to think about it.

I'll save you the effort. There's no way to do it. 

I like a lot of these ideas.  Personally, I would eliminate Sabretooth.  And I felt that way even before the incident that Taro witnessed at the meetup.

I don't think the concession prices are really high, are they?  I just think the food quality is poor.  Come to think of it, the beverage prices are insane.  I think it's $4 for a pint of water.  I don't drink beer at games so I can't speak to that.  The food prices aren't horrible, though.  They could find a way for it to take less than half a period for my father to get an ice cream, though.

Not sure what you mean by interactive displays.  Example?

And music, I love it when it's the organ.

Wait, what incident?

Furry ###### banged his stupid drum about ten inches from my left ear.  (We were sitting on an aisle right next to the corridor.)

But the time I really almost decked it was when it stuck its paw in between me and the ATM as I was retrieving money a few years ago.  Really, you think I'm going to distinguish between your stupid furry alter ego and a legit criminal on a split-second basis like that?  My fist stopped about eight inches from its "face."  And I'm punching up.

Dude ... the correct answer was: what happens vs Vegas stays vs Vegas. (Or something to that effect. ;))

So the Sabres pep band, that needs to be a thing.

As a college hockey fan I have always supported something of this sort. Doesn't Nashville kinda do this? 

I know their fans also do a ton of coordinated college-style cheers. I wish we did that here. 

Pep bands are the worst. 

I went to an Oklahoma basketball game a month or two ago and they played the same three things every chance they could, eliminating the chance to talk with anyone, and one of the songs is still stuck in my head every day, and it's not even any good

That's a bad pep band. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.