Time to have a conversation about the board again?

Eleven

Obviously there are way more things going on on this forum than i knew about, reason might be because i only 

tend to read/write in the threads i feel are relevant to Buffalo Sabres or pure awesomeness. 

Most forums that are connected to one specific thing, like a club, should not have any general discussion or whatever, there are PMs and there are

other forums to be used for that imo. 

If you allow general discussions then this problem will most likely stick around.

But i thought this forum had administrators (?), there will always be people fkn up with idiot comments and discussions, just bann them and move the fk on. 

The world will not change anyway.

In the second, if you have someone on your ignore list simply because of his or her political views, please reconsider that approach.  It's a hockey board (with threads for food, drink, guns and fishing, movies, music, and a bunch of other fun stuff but not Oliver) and we have taken (or tolerated) the decision to kill the politics thread.  It would seem to be poor form to ignore a good poster just because he likes the current president. "

This though, i could not agree more. 

Edited by MODO Hockey

You want to tell people that they aren't allowed to put someone on ignore if they want to if it's not for an approved reason?

Also I thought it was the liberal Obama/Hillary supporters that were supposed to be the sensitive hurt snowflakes, a Trump supporter is hurt that people put them on ignore because of it so he tells on them for not sharing and being Nice? Lol

You want to tell people that they aren't allowed to put someone on ignore if they want to if it's not for an approved reason?

Also I thought it was the liberal Obama/Hillary supporters that were supposed to be the sensitive hurt snowflakes, a Trump supporter is hurt that people put them on ignore because of it so he tells on them for not sharing and being Nice? Lol

I don't want to tell people anything.  I asked people to please reconsider their approaches.

Edited by Eleven

fwiw, ill tell you the story about why im banned on tbd. of course its relevant here, too. idk why im not banned here too, but whatever

those of you that know me know im an independent centrist. thats not a 'finger in the wind' centrist, its a 'wisdom resides in the middle' centrist, somewhat buddha-ish philosophy. you also know i am a very long time civil rights activist, even married a crazy black woman - who wasnt crazy at first then went total classic insane black woman crazy on me. so theres that

anyway, there i am in the main tbd board posting along with the conversations involving kaepercz9xnick and the protests, and im articulating how i think blackness is making mistakes that also contribute to the inability of the races to come together over the nfl protests

note that in this conversation there are plenty of places where whiteness is criticized/blamed. i am simply pointing out where my black brothers and sister are ALSO legitimately making mistakes and contributing to the problem

all of a sudden i start seeing my posts not be mine anymore because they have changed! im not making this up, the mods were literally editing my posts to remove my valid constructive criticisms of blackness amidst the sea of criticisms of whiteness (!!!)

let me repeat that:

the mods though it was ok to selectively edit out my contribution to the discussion by going into my posts and deleting what they didnt like - with no record of them doing that whatsoever

what could possibly go wrong?!!?!?

obviously i was furious

i posted a thread saying that if you are going to just edit me for no good reason and with no trail to show you did it, then just ban me

the rest is history

this is a popular place so they can afford to act that way. doesnt make it right. doesnt make the problem of mind hives and groupthing and millemmingals and constant warring over stupid ѕhit go away

at least they saved the world by banning a guy telling the truth about the negatives within a blackness he adores. nice job, fellas

i expect i wont be poster here much longer either, so bye fellas. fight against the machine

I don't want to tell people anything.  I asked people to please reconsider their approaches.

but you basically are by telling people it's wrong to ignore someone because of a certain reason. The ignore feature is there for a reason, its to give people a choice to co tinge on here without having to see or deal with people or posts they don't want to see or deal with. If it's because of someone's political preference/opinion, that's their choice and it shouldn't be brought up that they reconsider what they believe is a valid reason to block someone. It's obvious that this person has shared their views or opinions on the issue a few times or multiple people wouldnt have blocked them.

but you basically are by telling people it's wrong to ignore someone because of a certain reason. The ignore feature is there for a reason, its to give people a choice to co tinge on here without having to see or deal with people or posts they don't want to see or deal with. If it's because of someone's political preference/opinion, that's their choice and it shouldn't be brought up that they reconsider what they believe is a valid reason to block someone. It's obvious that this person has shared their views or opinions on the issue a few times or multiple people wouldnt have blocked them.

Again, I asked people to reconsider their positions and I did not tell anyone they were wrong.  If that's the message you got, you misinterpreted me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.