Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Weird that the Saints would trade for him when they just gave Brees an extension...last year? I can't see Teddy staying there when he's a free agent after this season, and New Orleans certainly can't afford to franchise him until Brees retires. 

Yeah that destination makes no sense. Have to believe they're going to flip him to some team like Tampa

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yeah that destination makes no sense. Have to believe they're going to flip him to some team like Tampa

Flip him for something better than a third when he's not playing live games at all? Good luck. I think they try to talk him into staying for when Brees retires.

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Weird that the Saints would trade for him when they just gave Brees an extension...last year? I can't see Teddy staying there when he's a free agent after this season, and New Orleans certainly can't afford to franchise him until Brees retires. 

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That's my sense. The Jets were ready to part with him at this point and a 3rd sounds good. The Saints must be looking to move him mid-season, and get a 1st or multiple 2nds.

1 minute ago, sabills said:

Flip him for something better than a third when he's not playing live games at all? Good luck. I think they try to talk him into staying for when Brees retires.

Teddy's already proven he can play in this league, I don't think he has any intention of sitting behind Brees for two seasons

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That's my sense. The Jets were ready to part with him at this point and a 3rd sounds good. The Saints must be looking to move him mid-season, and get a 1st or multiple 2nds.

One would think if his value was higher than a 3rd, the Jets would have gotten it from someone. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

One would think if his value was higher than a 3rd, the Jets would have gotten it from someone. 

His value will be higher if/when a starting QB for a contender goes down.

My question is why the Jets didn't see fit to hold onto him until then. It might have to do with wanting to make straight the paths for Darnold.

Just now, WildCard said:

I mean it is the Jets we're talking about here

Well, wait a second. Their signing of Bridgewater looks super shrewd at this point. Spend a few bucks, get a 3rd round pick.

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Well, wait a second. Their signing of Bridgewater looks super shrewd at this point. Spend a few bucks, get a 3rd round pick.

And we'll look back on this and laugh when Darnold turns Sanchez 2.0 while Bridgewater runs off and becomes Brees

They're still the Jets

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

That's a mighty big gamble for a 3rd round pick. I have a hard time believing that's the Saints' thought process. 

Fair deuce. 

They probably feel like they've got a few different paths available to them -- and maybe much depends on what Brees is doing, in terms of health and contract demands.

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fair deuce. 

They probably feel like they've got a few different paths available to them -- and maybe much depends on what Brees is doing, in terms of health and contract demands.

Just looked it up: the Saints have a cap-free out of Brees' contract...after next season. If they cut him after this year, they'll have $21 million in dead cap. Wonder if they hope to sign Teddy to a 1-year deal and then take over for Brees in 2020? That's the only thing that makes sense to me, but man is it loaded with risk. 

Just now, JJFIVEOH said:

Does anybody know where I can see the Bills game online? I know it's impossible to do legally during the regular season, but surely pre-season shouldn't be an issue, right?

It's not impossible and really quite easy for both regular and preseason. Any game, no matter how big or small, can be found on reddit; I watched the entire playoffs on there. Just google 'reddit nfl streams'

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's not impossible and really quite easy for both regular and preseason. Any game, no matter how big or small, can be found on reddit; I watched the entire playoffs on there. Just google 'reddit nfl streams'

I think you missed the word 'legally'.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I think you missed the word 'legally'.

Yeah, I'm not looking to dig, and then have to hook the laptop up to the TV, etc.......

I was just hoping to add an app to Roku or PS4. 

It looks like Game Pass offers full, live pre-season games. 

https://gamepass.nfl.com/packages

44 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Does anybody know where I can see the Bills game online? I know it's impossible to do legally during the regular season, but surely pre-season shouldn't be an issue, right?

Why would pre-season be any different? The games are still ad-revenue generators for the networks that own the broadcast rights. 

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Why would pre-season be any different? The games are still ad-revenue generators for the networks that own the broadcast rights. 

Are you telling me the Bills-Bears game is comparable to the Falcons-Eagles game next Thursday?

There is a difference. If there weren't, Game Pass would also offer full length, live, regular season games. Alas, they don't. 

3 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Are you telling me the Bills-Bears game is comparable to the Falcons-Eagles game next Thursday?

There is a difference. If there weren't, Game Pass would also offer full length, live, regular season games. Alas, they don't. 

Still revenue generators. Just like beer and parking. 

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Still revenue generators. Just like beer and parking. 

Right, the NFL doesn't have to make it free just to get your attention. They already have your attention. They're well passed the point of needing to bring in fans, now they can just milk us for money.

My point has been overlooked. Revenue generator or not, it's irrelevant to my question. 

And if it wasn't an issue, then regular season games would be readily available online. Don't question me, question the NFL. It seems as though they seem to think there's a difference.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

If you can wait, it will be on the NFL Network at 9AM on Saturday.

Yeah, I saw that. For some reason I thought it was aired nationally up this way, turned out I was wrong. Kinda planned the whole night around it, got a 2.5 pound pork tenderloin to rub and grill........... was gonna pig out and sit back to watch the game. seating_bread_100-101.gif?w=46&h=

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.