Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Yes.   And there will no doubt be a QB there at 12.   The QBs are hyped up every draft, and only 1 or 2 go in the top 10... happens every year.     Rosen, Mayfield or Allen will be there at 12.    

Those 1-2 that go in the top 10 are usually the best ones too

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Edited by Jokertecken

The Taylor trade was a pretty big signal that "win now" mode is over.  This season is about rebuilding.  Gotta do that by spending whatever it takes to get the QB this year, hope to hell that he's the right guy, and fill those holes later in the draft and next year.

I completely disagree. If we were in now mode we sign Keenum etc.. Any QB picked isn’t going to be ready to lead a team into the playoffs.

The Taylor trade was a pretty big signal that "win now" mode is over.  This season is about rebuilding.  Gotta do that by spending whatever it takes to get the QB this year, hope to hell that he's the right guy, and fill those holes later in the draft and next year.

Absolutely, take a step back next season, and then fill all the holes with the almost $100M in cap space they're going to have next year.  Let McCarron get destroyed next season, then build a massive O-line through draft and FA's, then watch Rosen tear it up

Probably because despite the months of down time that has inevitably led to picking everyone apart forty different ways, Rosen is clearly the best quarterback in the draft and it isn't really close

How do you know this...   Did you interview all of them?   Watch every throw they made their entire college career?   Talk to their teammates and coaches?

There is so much FUD out there, unless you do your due diligence... which none of us have access to do... we simply can't know who the best QB is. 

I’d much rather see everyone thoughts straight up. We can do a trade included mock closer to the actual draft as more news breaks on what teams are actually planning to do.

It might be even more interesting to assign a team to each poster interested in the mock draft and do at least a 2 round mock draft.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

If the Bills are trading to 2, why are we reaching the consensus that it's going to be Rosen? I guess that's what the WGR poll results showed most of the fans wanted.

What's your alternative?

Yes. And there will no doubt be a QB there at 12. The QBs are hyped up every draft, and only 1 or 2 go in the top 10... happens every year. Rosen, Mayfield or Allen will be there at 12.

I'd want to be at 7 or 8 if we're going to see who slides.

Same. If the Bills come out of this draft with anything less than Mayfield or Rosen, I'm going to consider it a complete failure

Why? If we get 6 quality players fixing our OL, LB and get a QB we have gone a long way to building a solid team long-term instead of giving up the franchise to get a QB who may not end up as good as Jackson or Rudolh who we can get much later.

Why? If we get 6 quality players fixing our OL, LB and get a QB we have gone a long way to building a solid team long-term instead of giving up the franchise to get a QB who may not end up as good as Jackson or Rudolh who we can get much later.

Because we've done it for 30 years! In the entirety of the drought we've tried your strategy, and it's never worked! For once pull the freakin' trigger like the Rams, Eagles, or anyone else and get the damn QB

There will never be a better time to do this. We will never have this much ammo, with 4 QBs available in the top 10, with so many teams that don't want QBs in the top 10, with brand new management that can afford to take a big swing...short of us having the Brown's picks, it is the best possible scenario we could ever even dream of. And we're going to waste it on some JAG OL that we can get in any draft or anywhere in any draft?

Edited by Jokertecken

That was my point. They are not in "win now" mode.

Sorry mis read your post. Then we agree that you don’t give up this opportunity to build a team by giving up our slate of picks or are you all in on franchise QB or bust? Personally, I think all these guys are huge risks and aren’t true franchise QBs.

So what kind of mock draft are we doing?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I completely disagree. If we were in now mode we sign Keenum etc.. Any QB picked isn’t going to be ready to lead a team into the playoffs.

Then there's no reason to fill all the holes this draft.

Because we've done it for 30 years! In the entirety of the drought we've tried your strategy, and it's never worked! For once pull the freakin' trigger like the Rams, Eagles, or anyone else and get the damn QB

There will never be a better time to do this. We will never have this much ammo, with 4 QBs available in the top 10, with so many teams that don't want QBs in the top 10, with brand new management that can afford to take a big swing...short of us having the Brown's picks, it is the best possible scenario we could ever even dream of. And we're going to waste it on some JAG OL that we can get in any draft or anywhere in any draft?

Exactly.

Sorry mis read your post. Then we agree that you don’t give up this opportunity to build a team by giving up our slate of picks or are you all in on franchise QB or bust? Personally, I think all these guys are huge risks and aren’t true franchise QBs.

So what kind of mock draft are we doing?

There's been 1 QB in what, 50 years? that has been considered a guarantee? They are all huge risks

I say we do both. One with no trades, one with trades

Do you think any of these guys are even close to as good as Wentz and Goff. I don’t.m

NFL teams have scouts that have seen all of Wentz and Goff's games along with all the games from the top 4 in this draft.  The Jets already made a big move, so they believe that this years crop is just as good as Goff and Wentz, so they moved up.  If the Bills feel the same way, then they will try to move up as well.  I trust what teams/scouts think more than any average Joe like myself that can look up some stats on line and make a decision based on little else.

Besides the Manning brothers, name me the last QB taken in the top 5 that won a Super Bowl? Where were Braddy, Wilson, Brees, Foles, Rodgers drafted?

No question we should take a QB, but lets see how the draft falls.

As to the mock draft. We have the time. Lets do 3 mock drafts 2 rounds each. First no trades. Second with trades and third assign teams to the interested posters and if they want to trade they need to negotiate with thr poster assigned to the other team.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Besides the Manning brothers, name me the last QB taken in the top 5 that won a Super Bowl? Where were Braddy, Wilson, Brees, Foles, Rodgers drafted?

There are so many things to consider when you bring up this point.  I am not going to go back and look at all those drafts, but you have to consder the needs of teams during those drafts.  The teams picking 1-5 dont always need a QB, they might have that in place and are looking for other dominant players, like D-lineman.  Yes, Brees and Rodgers werent taken top 5, but the they were also both the 2nd QBs taken in those drafts, which is important to note.

Later round picks can turn into gems, but that isnt the best recipe for success, for the most part, top 3 QBs in the draft have a better chance of success than the occasional later round success

Edited by Marions Piazza

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.