GDT Sabres at Flames 1-22-18. 9pm MSG, GR 550

Brawndo

I'm with Randall. When we have guys who can take advantage of the chaos Eichel creates, we'll have something. Girgensons should have scored there, and maybe Okposo too. Yes, two goals on one sequence.

I've watched some of Kucherov-Stamkos recently, and they're so good, but it's almost like Eichel routinely is more impressive, because he simply has to be for anything to happen. One or two quick reads that the Sabres are incapable of and stamkos has an easy tap-in, hardly impressive hockey, but all he had to do was get in the right spot and trust that Kucherov could make a play. 

I don't ever see Jack's teammates keep the puck in their possession, much less make a basic harmless play, much less make an actual play to give Jack or anyone else anything to work with. 

I'm with Randall. When we have guys who can take advantage of the chaos Eichel creates, we'll have something. Girgensons should have scored there, and maybe Okposo too. Yes, two goals on one sequence.

They haven't been horrible tonight, and we have seen some good offensive zone time tonight. But you're absolutely right - better wingers would have goals and consistently dominate zone time

I think Beaulieu was dazed from the initial contact and was already tipsy when he challenged him

Seemed that way.

Really doubt the Flame ends up facing any discipline for the pile drive as he seemed to be expecting an actual fight against a guy that would fight back. Not sure that "in the heat of battle" that he realized Beaulieu was f##### until he was already spinning him & driving him into the ice. (Haven't rewatched the fight, so maybe there was more intent, but didn't believe so just watching it the one time.)

And Eichel, by then out of the league and a postal worker, walked into the room...

Seemed that way.

Really doubt the Flame ends up facing any discipline for the pile drive as he seemed to be expecting an actual fight against a guy that would fight back. Not sure that "in the heat of battle" that he realized Beaulieu was f##### until he was already spinning him & driving him into the ice. (Haven't rewatched the fight, so maybe there was more intent, but didn't believe so just watching it the one time.)

Everyone is seeing it differently, but I saw a cheap punch to the side of Beaulieu's face as he was going down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.